Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

* Project TransformZ

Great News!

We are very close to Launch "Project TransformZ".

It will not be a Public Launch in the beginning but for only Project Team Members.

We are looking for Passionate Members as Team , so if you want to be a Part of the Project Please Refer to below Link.

Click Here!!!  

Author Topic: going general.... vortex and grids...  (Read 1632 times)

Offline satty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 218
  • -Receive: 339
    • View Profile
going general.... vortex and grids...
« on: December 12, 2012, 11:18:02 PM »
hi all,

just a little query...

was reading the vortex and grids by ILR... when we go general we reduce lot of resistance...

so while trying  to manifest our love back in our life..... going general wud be to be feel that feeling of love....

but when i do that its only her which come to my mind.... :P .....

so how to go general about this.... or i understood something wrong...

Offline Sugar Plum

• Thank You
  • -Given: 321
  • -Receive: 435
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: going general.... vortex and grids...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »
Going general is feeling love in every aspect of your life & just loving yourself, as abraham says,"relationship with your vortex"..................when you love yourself, you will attract more thoughts of the same, so you are working on yourself enhancing your relationship with yourself!

So you can feel the love in other aspects of life too!

when you think of your lover, what is the visualisation that comes to your mind? Feeling of being loved by her and you loving her!

So rainbows talks about just being in the bliss of feeling showered by love and you will attract abundance of the same :D

Offline magic lamp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 228
  • -Receive: 1731
  • I create my own reality!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:35:25 PM »
HI satty,

That is how it felt to me a while ago when i was going general about love. the only face came to my mind was of my guy, not anymore. it's funny how our mind works. when you truly lose resistance and go general; you wont have her thought come to mind as often. may be once in a while.
now i am so in love with myself and his thought rarely crosses my mind. i still love him and wish everything good thing to him but i love me FIRST =D
it will take some time but you will get there =D you will know what that feels like- total bliss!

Offline I Love Rainbows

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1453
  • -Receive: 2990
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
Going General versus Being Specific

Thanks all for your questions :) I typed this post out to explain in more detail, and it came out rather long, but I think all necessary to understand this more fully. Therefore, I've put headings into each section to help :) Hope you enjoy!

Part One: Specific thoughts can be more resistant

'Be as specific as you like, as long as it feels good' - Abraham.

I'd like to clarify regarding thinking general thoughts and specific thoughts. Thinking general thoughts is a technique to release (or not activate) resistance within yourself. Resistance comes when you are thinking both wanted and unwanted thoughts at the same time. It comes when you are aware of problems. For example, let's say you have a very specific thought of: 'I am married to Bob, and we live in an amazing mansion in the Swiss Alps. We have three beautiful children and we run our own haberdashery business'.

And that's your dream life. So, there's your very, very specific thought. It is specific in that it contains...

---Bob (specific person)
---Marriage (a specific KIND of relationship)
---Mansion (specific sort of house, requires lots of money)
---Swiss Alps (specific location)
---Children (you have three)
...and so on.

If you were CERTAIN that this was your reality, then there would be absolutely no resistance in that thought whatsoever. It wouldn't matter whether you were certain because it actually WAS your physical manifested reality, or whether you were certain because you were in the vortex, in the high flying vibration of knowing (remember, knowing is right up the top of the emotional scale). In either of those two cases, your vibration would be 100% pure, with no resistant thoughts. However, for most people, until that reality has manifested, they will have many resistant thought creeping into that specific visualisation, such as:

---Resistant thought: 'But Bob doesn't love me like I love him!'
---Resistant thought: 'How are we going to get the money for a mansion?'
---Resistant thought: 'I don't even speak German!'
---Resistant thought: 'There's so way for me to study haberdashery at the University of my home town...'

Plus a million other resistant thoughts. That's why you then, get people coming on here, who think they need to use law of attraction to control every specific little thing in that big picture. So, they have identified the big picture (Bob, marriage, mansion, alps...etc) - and identified all the little, tiny, moving parts within it. And then they use law of attraction to try and control all those moving parts, asking questions such as:

---'Help! I need to manifest a phone call from this specific University telling me they've decided to offer haberdashery courses!'
---'Help! I have to manifest a date with Bob within the next two weeks or we'll never ever get married by next Spring!'
---'Help! My friend is moving away and she's the only one who can teach me German so please help me manifest her moving back here again!'

And so on and so forth :) I'm exaggerating...a bit ;) But you get the general idea! It's difficult to try and control all these little, moving parts. It's also not your job to control them. That's the Universe's job. However, the more specific you get, the more moving parts you are aware of. This can put you into a state of resistance if you're worrying how it will all come about.

Part Two: If your thoughts feel resistant, go general.

There IS another option to controlling all the moving parts :) New, shiny and juicy - just brought to you by THE LAW OF ATTRACTION™!!! It's called GOING GENERAL and it works like a treat ;)

What you do, is Go general enough that you don't have those sort of specific, resistant, thoughts

SO, if you can think of the above situation, and you are sure enough of the law of the attraction and the powers that be in the universe, then you would not have any resistant thoughts around it, anyway! Because the questions of 'how will this happen', will not be active in your vibration. You will not be trying to control any of the moving parts, and therefore you will not even bother asking those questions. You would just KNOW that it already IS, and therefore - no resistance - no need to go general. HOWEVER, if you find resistance, THEN go general. For example, a more general, less resistant thought than the one above would be:

'I know Bob and I are getting married and we will live in a beautiful home and have a very happy life together' <-- this is still very specific, but not NEARLY as specific as the one above. It still contains the specifics of Bob, of marriage, of beautiful home...

More general than that would be:

'Bob and I are in a very happy relationship' <--- even more general, no mention of marriage or home.

More general than that would be:

'I know the perfect relationship exists for me in my vortex and it is natural for me to be in it' <--- waaaay more general! This is usually the thought I think to get me into the fully aligned vortex state. For me, this thought has no resistance at all - YES! I KNOW that the universe along with my higher self has orchestrated the perfect relationship for me, and I know it's right and wonderful and beautiful. I let LOA do the rest ;)

Even more general than this would be:

'It is natural for me to be happy' <---- not even a mention of a relationship this time

Even more super general would be

'Love' <--- that's it. Just the feeling of love. Or of happiness. Or of freedom. Or of joy. Whatever rings your bells ;)

The key is to be as specific / general as feels good, without adding any resistance to the mix. As you tune into your frequency more and more, you'll notice when resistance is there, as opposed to a pure, positive happy vibration. Resistance feels jabby, and a bit like wading through concrete. It has questions about how, as opposed to certainty. For example, if you conjure up the face of your love BECAUSE you want to be with them - and then you get all this flurry of questions into your mind about 'how', that's resistant - go more general.

Part Three: Specifics coming in response to you building a general grid, is different to you trying to find the specifics and then hammer them into place when it doesn't feel good. Start general and let your grid do the word to bring you the specifics.

When you start with the pure, positive feeling of love - and then FROM THAT, law of attraction BRINGS you the face of your love - THAT is completely different to you trying to make the specifics fit. That is law of attraction filling in your grid FOR you. You didn't search around for the face of your love - it was brought to your mind, to your awareness. Do you know what that is? That's a MANIFESTATION, right there! That's you focusing on building a general grid about 'love', and then the face of your love MANIFESTED into you awareness! That's the grid doing its work FOR you!

Now, let the grid keep working. Maybe the face of your love comes along...then as you focus on that and your core, starting feeling of love...maybe more images of the two of you, happy together come along. That's you rendesvouzsing with the aspects of your love and your relationship which are in your vortex! That's you, vibrationally seeing into your vortex and getting glimpses of what's in there! As long as you let the grid do the work...let the feelings and thoughts come to you.

BUT the MOMENT that a thought becomes too specific, you'll feel it. And then - go general again.

So, for example...you're building a grid about love...where your thoughts go like this:

'Love...love...I love love...feelings of love...being in love...love...face of my love....love...happiness...happy times...happiness with my love...face of my love and me, laughing...oh wait! The last time I saw her she was crying...we'd just broken up...OOPS! too specific...vortex spat me out...ok...back to love...love...it's natural for me to be in love, it's natural for me to feel love...to have love...face of my love...feels a bit resistant...ok...more general...it's natural for me to be in love...love...it's natural to love...I know my love loves me...oooh that feels good...I know my love loves me...I know I love my love...mmmm...just hang there with those feelings and knowings for a while...Oh look, I'm in the vortex...;)'

So, start with a general grid and let the law of attraction fill in the specifics.

Part Four: You've already put the specifics into your vortex - you don't have to keep putting them there.

ALL THE SPECIFICS YOU WANT ARE ALREADY IN YOUR VORTEX.

I used to have this mindset, and maybe some of you have it too. It was based on a misconception. It went like this: 'If I can be specific without getting resistant, then the Universe will bring me the specific things I want. If I go general,  then the universe will bring me sort of KINDA what I want, but not it exactly and then that will suck!' So, I would aim, very hard, to think thoughts like 'I am in loving relationship with Bob, atop swiss alps, in mansion, with haberdashery business™ etc' <--- I would try and think this, very specifically, and try not to allow reistance in. Because I thought that if I thought this, then this is what I'd get. Whereas, I believed that if I thought THIS:

'I have a wonderful relationship' <-- FAR EASIER to think, FAR more general

Then all I'd end up with, was a wonderful relationship - but because I hadn't been specific enough in my request, that relationship could be with Jim, or Mike, or Tony, or Sandra, or Katie...and we might live in America, or Canada, or the Antarctic, or in a cottage or in a box...Sure, I MIGHT have ended up with Bob and the Alps...but that would have been luck of the draw, rather than anything I did. Because I wasn't specific enough! I think the analogy of ordering from a restaraunt which is often used with law of attraction, confused me. You know, in ye early olden days of law of attraction and the secret, we were told things like: 'Imagine if you placed your order at a restaraunt...you wouldn't then worry about whether it was coming or not, you'd just sit back and relax and enjoy your time, knowing it was done, knowing that it was taken care of'. Well, I extended that analogy to liken being specific to being at a restaraunt and saying 'Please bring me the French Onion Soup with no garlic and extra hot crusty bread on the side, for a main I'll have Lobster in white wine sauce, for dessert I'd like chocolate souffle and to drink I'll have pink champagne' (mmm...delicious restaraunt!)...and I likened being 'general' to just saying to the waiter 'Uhhhh..bring me something nice? :) ' -in which case I might get what I want, or I might not. That's wghy i tried so damn hard to be specific! I didn't want just any old relationship - I wanted the one I wanted! Even if what I got was very good, I still wanted the EXACT one I wanted, not some other substitute.

This was all based on a misconception I had. I didn't realise that I had already been very specific in my requests, just through my living of life. Keeping on being specific was keeping me in the vibration of asking, rather than recieving. What I was doing, above, I did not need to do - you have already put the specifics into your vortex. Don't keep repeating them to ASK for them. Only keep repeating them if it feels GOOD to, if it feels like love, joy and passion to.

I suspect that's why I lot of people are still being very specific with their requests and trying to control all the moving parts - because they don't want the Universe to 'get it wrong'. And that's why I'm explaining this here. I used to think this way because I didn't understand the three step process fully. And I go into my misconception because now that I DO understand, explaining and exploring it here helps me fully integrate what I've learned, and I also get to share with you folks why being general is actually the easiest way to ensure you get what you want.

Abraham says there is a three step process to getting what you want.

Step one: Ask
Step two: Source answers
Step three: recieve

What I did not realise, is that in life, we are asking all the time for what we want.  If someone is rude to us, we put a more polite version of them in our vortex. If we do not have enough money, we put more money in our vortex. We are always asking, just by virtue of noticing the contrast. Therefore, the specifics of what we want are already in our vortex. A relationship which is perfect for each of us, is already in our vortex, with all the specifics of what we want. All we need to do, is step  three - recieve. And this means, we have to be on a vibrational frequency to recieve what we want to get. So, that is, a frequency of love, of joy, of happiness. The TV program we want is already playing - we don't have to script it, we just have to tune our reciever to recieve it. Bashar explains this here:

Bashar on Manifestation - What You Want is Already HERE

Part Five: Once you're in the vortex, the specifics won't feel resistant anymore

Use the technique of being general to get into your vortex. Your vortex is a tangible, vibrational reality. It has a frequency you must match to get in - that is your entry key. By a frequency, I mean feeling - of love, of happiness. So, do whatever you can to feel that way. Your vortex doesn't mind what you are focusing on - whether it is your love, whether it is love in general, whether it is petting your cat.

If you're feeling good, you'll get in there. Going general is a really good way to feel good and acheive the same frequency as your vortex, because being general contains no resistant thoughts. Remember - it is ONLY resistant thoughts which keep you from being in there. It is actually natural to be in your vortex- that's why Abraham says to be in there, all you have to do is 'stop doing that thing you're doing that's keeping you out'. That means, stop resistance. You stop resistance by going general. If you can be specific with no resistance, that's all well and good - but being general will work just as well. So, start with a general, pure thought. Then, let lawof attraction bring you the momentum to add like thoughts (such as, the face of your love). Don't force these thoughts to come, just allow them to. If you find resistance, go back to being more general. The aim is to feel really, really good - not to script your reality. Scripting your reality keeps you in the asking mindset. Allowing yourself to see and experience what's in your vortex keeps you in the recieving frequency.

Can you see the difference between those? In both cases, you are seeing reality you would like. Once you're in your vortex, you will likely rendesvous with whole entire  scenarios about you and your love which will play out in your mind and will feel GREAT.

The key is not to try and get rid of thoughts of your love.
The key is to let those thoughts be there, as long as they feel good :) So thoughts that feel good - are all good! ;)

But if you force specifics from outside the vortex, it feels like you are still asking, still trying to 'make something happen'. However if you get into the recieving mode by 'tuning your frequency' to that of your vortex, now you will recieve images and thoughts and FEELINGS of what's in there, and it won't feel resistant at all!

Here's two very good videos which sum this whole discussion up and round it off nicely, I think :)

The first one: I posted this in the other thread on the vortex and the grids. It's about finding the most pure feeling you can and creating a grid from that, and then allowing your grid to do the work for you to accelerate itself:

Abraham Hicks ~ Accelerating the grid filling in

The second one: Abraham talks about getting into the vortex, and rendezvousing with the specifics which are in there:

Abraham Hicks - The NEW Tangible Vortex

I also posted this in the other thread about the vortex and the grids, but I'll post it here again. Abraham talks to a lady who is creating her own business and ASSURES her that the specifics she wants, will be the ones which fill into her grid - both emotionally, and into her experience:

Abraham Hicks - Focus on Your Emotional Grid

But it is not up to her to fill them in. It's just up to her to tune her frequency - change her emotional 'channel' - to recieve the specifics which are already all queued up for her :)

Summary
Thanks for reading, folks. I hope this gave you a clearer explanation of the grid and going general versus going specific. The general rule of thumb, as with all law of attraction processes, is to feel GOOD. Because, what you put out, is what you get back. Feel good and you'll get more good feeling things back! Therefore, go as specific as you like, as long as it feels good to do so. The grid and going general processes add a new layer to this 'feeling good'. First, that you don't have to fill the specifics of the grid in yourself. Second, that the specifics you've already put into your vortex, will be the ones which fill in. It's time to recieve, receive, recieve! The time for asking is over, we've already done step one many, many times. As Abraham says in that video about acceleration:

'"Your work now is to create the vibrational readiness that allows the specifics, the incredible specifics, to flow into your experience".

That's it. Just prepare your readiness. Trust that the Universe will take care of the rest. Phew! You don't have to even think about all those moving parts - what a relief! What a weight off your shoulders! :)

Finally, here's a video from Abraham which I LOVE. It's called 'now we are free' - and it's all, totally about being in the mode of recieving...'it's time to feel the celebration for you, as we do' ;)

Abraham Hicks Now We Are Free!

Enjoy!!! :) And have fun with your grids! ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:12:33 AM by I Love Rainbows »

Offline Sugar Plum

• Thank You
  • -Given: 321
  • -Receive: 435
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »
I love you and I love your posts ILR! complete fan of yours hihihihii

Thank-you satty for starting this thread
Thank-you ILR for showing us all patience and explaining things to us easily :D

Offline Cherrybelle

• Thank You
  • -Given: 574
  • -Receive: 681
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »
ILR thank youuuuuuuuuuu!

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Tedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 10:19:19 PM »
ILR's post needs to be a sticky

Offline magic lamp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 228
  • -Receive: 1731
  • I create my own reality!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 01:02:50 AM »
Hi ILR,

I have bookmarked a lot of your posts. Your posts have a REALLY good explanation with a video. You do a really great job in explaining what is it that is true.
thank you!
magic lamp

Offline I Love Rainbows

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1453
  • -Receive: 2990
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 03:59:48 AM »
Thank you and you're welcome :) I'm learning too, with the rest of you lovely people. Some of the stuff I say now is very different to what I said a few months ago. 'Cause I'm learning :) Not sure I'd say any of it is 'true' as in 'the truth', but part of it...they're all techniques.

Just like Bashar says...all belief systems are self reinforcing. So if you believe something will work, then it will ;)

The basic rule'o'thumb is...what you put out, is what you get back :) And...feel good!

I started two threads on pretty much the same thing...the other one was

http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/success-stories-3/the-vortex-and-the-grids/

I got enthusiastic and didn't realise, heh :)

So, how's everyone's magic going today?

Offline littleangelite

• Thank You
  • -Given: 618
  • -Receive: 292
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 01:15:40 PM »
Hi ILR, may i know if being calm and just at ease are considered as being in the vortex?  Lately i just want to have that and it helps to just feel that rather than visualizing happiness.  I believe you have read my recent post. 

To me happiness comes like perhaps few minutes during hours of calmness (without thinking of anything), which i prefer rather than trying to force the feeling of happiness (eg affirmations of I am love) when in actual fact i dont really feel like it.  What i mean is saying positive affirmations when clearly my heart is resisting only results in few minutes of happiness..and the rest perhaps focussing on lacking.

Offline truelove

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3336
  • -Receive: 3586
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Hey littleangelite.

I think calmness, ease and peace are just as good experiences as full blown joy.
I have always been an advocate for being centred and in a place of calmness. It seems like a good basis to me, and from there it is easy to have wonderful moments of joy and then naturally back into calmness again.
To me it sounds like a wonderful way to live.

If anything is forced it can't be sustained and it's tiring. I think if your natural state is calm and at ease, you are doing really, really well!! xxx

Offline littleangelite

• Thank You
  • -Given: 618
  • -Receive: 292
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »
Thanks truelove for the explanation.  I prefer to be in a calmer state, not too excited to expect something to turn up coz that always leads to disappointment in my case.  Just sometimes, it leaves me in total blank when i feel bored..but not in demotivating way but just bored.

Offline truelove

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3336
  • -Receive: 3586
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
Hmmm, I have to think about this...

I know we are designed to evolve and continually grow into a greater version of ourselves. Maybe boredom comes when we have been at the same place too long without much change...? Just thinking out-loud here.

If this is the case maybe when you find yourself feeling this way, as most of us do sometimes I'm sure, ask yourself-what is something really new/different/exciting/creative I could do right now that is a reflection of the person I am becoming?

Maybe think of that thing and take steps to do it. And I think with that action the flow will start again in the direction of where you want to go. Worth a try! :)

Tags: