Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: I'm going to grow 7 inches taller.  (Read 13921 times)

Offline freeduck

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 11
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
I'm going to grow 7 inches taller.
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »
I have been trying many different methods to grow taller for years with no success.  I am a 20 year old male and 5'3.  Although I would be satisfied at 5'9, I would like to go a bit further to 5'11, which is the perfect height to me. 

Last night I found this forum and read angel_star's story, which inspired me SO MUCH.  Her story and also the success of a few other members showed me that it is possible to grow taller through LOA. 

However, I am completely new to this concept.  I watched The Secret and because of that I understand how the LOA is supposed to work, but what else should I know?  What is EFT?  What are some affirmations that will work well for this? 

I always obsessed about my height and had a complex about it, wishing every minute of every day that I could be taller and feeling as though it would change my life and was the one thing making my life miserable.  However, I know I need to focus on positivity toward growing.  So, any suggestions of where to start?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Offline Apple

• Thank You
  • -Given: 749
  • -Receive: 787
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to grow 7 inches taller.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:45:59 AM »
My suggestion would be to start smaller. Something that will be more believable to you, maybe an inch at a time. That's what I do is break down my goals into smaller ones. When it is believable to you it is so much easier to relax about it. You must not focus on the lack of it. Think about is as being done already and just be happy and living your life.

EFT is a tapping technique that helps you to work through limiting or negative thoughts. It is very helpful. There are many videos on youtube that show you how to do it.

Offline freeduck

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »
Good idea.  I only said my max goal because of Angel_Star's story how she initially decided her goal height and achieved it, and same with Kurdt's story.  Maybe  inches at a time would be a better focus?  I am new to this, so I'm trying to get as much information as possible.

Offline Autumn

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1126
  • -Receive: 1089
  • I Believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:44:09 PM »
I don't know about whether it would be easier to achieve it using small goals or the end-result. For my part, a couple of weeks ago I affirmed to myself that I'm going to grow 4 or 5 inches. I did a little visualising and standing up straight, trying to close my eyes and see everything from a higher viewpoint. Forgot about it after that but not completely, I mean I didn't consciously do anything, but it stayed in my head as one of my LoA goals, just the 'tall' idea - I'm growing tall and I know it. I didn't stress about it, because I'm really very happy with my height, it's not something I have to have to be happy.

This morning, as soon as I woke up I just felt tall inside. Somehow. Like my legs kept stretching on and on in my bed. I just felt longer and more more beautiful. It was a nice feeling. I hope I wake up feeling like that every morning. I know that when I measure myself next I will have grown, or people will tell me so. I don't want to keep checking it (because I'll have to go to a lot of trouble to make the measurement anyway :P ) and get disappointed if results are slow in coming. I just know it'll happen. I've also been feeling thinner and lighter, lol. The waistband of my jeans are getting super loose. ;)

Offline freeduck

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »
That's the same sort of visualizing I do. I picture myself walking with two of my tall friends (5'11 and 6'1) and being as tall as one and a bit taller than the other, feeling whole and complete. I guess the idea is to embrace the feeling and behavior as if your goal were already achieved. Do you think the affirmation "i am tall" is better than "I am growing taller"?

Offline Autumn

• Thank You
  • I Believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 01:32:36 AM »
That's the same sort of visualizing I do. I picture myself walking with two of my tall friends (5'11 and 6'1) and being as tall as one and a bit taller than the other, feeling whole and complete. I guess the idea is to embrace the feeling and behavior as if your goal were already achieved. Do you think the affirmation "i am tall" is better than "I am growing taller"?

I feel 'I'm growing taller' works better for me. It's easier for me to absorb that. But because I don't want to keep it in the future, I also have set a time framework, not very rigid, but 3-4 months or thereabouts. I know that when I measure myself in a few months time, I'll have grown taller. I don't know how much and frankly it doesn't matter. I just know it will have happened and it will strengthen my belief in the LoA even more than ever :)

Offline freeduck

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »
Cool, maybe it's just a personal thing then.  Only because angel_star said that she lived her life as though she were already as tall as she desired to be, and also somewhere else I think she said she wanted to attract the result itself, not trying.  I don't SET a timeframe for myself but when I visualize I picture it in a couple of months, like right now around October.  Thanks for your help  :)

Offline Autumn

• Thank You
  • I Believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
Could be easier that way. I'll do that as well. I think you can give out a frequency of trying no matter whether your affirmations are in the present or progressive tense. It has to do with mindset, whether you really think it's possible and believe it beyond a doubt, no matter whether you visualise the final height or small goals. I think it's important to focus on both at some level. My time frame is not rigid either, it's just a guideline because I want to get there at some point. I'm actually quite relaxed about it, I don't really mind how long it takes. I'll now imagine being at my final, perfect height ;) the world should look very different from up there, um... rather, up here. ;D

Offline freeduck

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 01:24:22 AM »
Sounds good! PM me if you see any results yeah? Or start a thread? I know I will.

Offline Autumn

• Thank You
  • I Believe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
Sounds good! PM me if you see any results yeah? Or start a thread? I know I will.

Will do, surely. Keep you updated (:
Cheers!

Offline darkhydrangea

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »
How is it going?

Offline D-Raid

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 08:05:58 PM »
I think u might be over thinking it. With loa anything is possible so i think its better to go for the main goal. Im currently 5'6/5'7 and i want to be 6'3 (actually im going to be 6'3 ;D. So im just keeping it chill and doing different methods till i get there. I just have to do them without acting desperate