Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Visualizing- short term or long term goals?  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Karmalife

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Visualizing- short term or long term goals?
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »
For those of you who visualized for weight loss, did you focus on your ultimate weight or did you focus on smaller weight loss goals, one at a time? I am going to follow instructions using the "God Method" and am curious how I should go about this. I only have 10 lbs or so to lose but I haven't been able to lose them for almost 6 years now.

Offline tina_attract

• Thank You
  • -Given: 167
  • -Receive: 168
  • I am love, health and prosperity.
    • View Profile
Re: Visualizing- short term or long term goals?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
I visualize my end result. I did that before and it worked, and now I've decided that I want a more lean, toned figure, so I visualize that. I think that if a visualization of a short-term goal feels stronger and is easier to picture, you might want to do that. But I think visualizing and then achieving your end result produces much more positive emotions. Good luck!  :D

Offline karaheissman

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 39
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »
Goal setting is absolutely key to getting what you want. We can't start the process of creation until we know specifically what we want and we can't attract what we aren't already. The best and most effective way to attract your desired weight loss is through setting both short and long term goals.

Setting clearly defined short term and long term goals will enable you to assess your growth and gain self satisfaction once you have successfully achieved your goals.

With the Law of attraction, the more specific your visualizations and manifestations, the faster you will attain your desires. That is why you need to have specific short term goals. But you do not just want to be stuck in these little goals, that is why you also need to have a clear visualization of your long term objectives.

Think of what you really want and visualize your desires.  Make them real and treat them as if they are in the now.  It's careful to spend an adequate amount of time clearly establishing your goals.  Once you have clarity on what you want visualize it and allow them to happen!

Offline nigelinspain

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:10:09 PM »
I agree with what Karaheissman is saying about long term and short term goals. You certainly have to know what you overall goal is, but sometimes that can seem such a long way from where you are at the moment that breaking it down into short term goals might serve you better.

In other words if you wanted to lose 30 lbs in total, that might seem very daunting and actually make you give up. But if you broke that down into little goals like losing 5 lbs and then another 5 lbs and so on until you reach your desired goal then that feels much more achievable.

Visualise both your short term and long term goals, but then and most importantly, let it go otherwise you are just reminding yourself that you have not achieve your goal.

Offline andygolay

• Inch by inch, life's a cinch.
  • Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 24
  • Andy Golay just wants to have fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
Yes i agree with what people are saying here, definitely having the end result in mind, with as much sensory vividness as possible, is #1, and also breaking it down into specific components.

For example, you want an ideal weight in terms of a number of pounds, and along with that you also want the feeling of aliveness and for people to notice how healthy and radiant you are, and to inspire others toward good heath, maybe even specific people who you want to see more joyful as a result of your transformation, right? And i am guessing you also have a good idea of the actions and habits you want to integrate into your life as a part of that.

You can make it as specific as needed as long as you feel the "joyful expansion" vibe associated with goals that are a good match for you.

When I've lost weight, i've usually been going for better health overall, including healthy habits, and i considered each aspect individually. Sometimes i tackled them altogether, by just living in a way that follows my deepest longings, and other times i focused on more urgent goals. For example, i had quit drinking alcohol (which did affect my weight, as you can imagine), and that was a big focus, being sober. During that time, i gave myself more freedom with what foods i eat, and other behaviors in life. But now that i took care of that big hurdle, i'm "fine-tuning" my habits more, since i'm no longer in that fog, and free to raise my vibration.

So if you know you want to eat more organic vegetables, or whatever habits you want to incorporate into your lifestyle, you can affirm, "I love eating vegetables that are full of the rich life energy of the Earth," and visualize yourself enjoying more veggies, which is sort of a short term AND long term goal, because the end result is you want that to be a habit that is simply part of you. (It can be for whatever you want, not just veggies of course.) 

So considering how the "big picture" will look, including each part (diet, exercise, social, whatever resonates with you) could be a good way to go. Making a Mind Movie for it is a way i really enjoy, with a picture and an affirmation, and inspiring background music.

Tags: