Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Please, provide us your Feedback And Suggestions!  (Read 26264 times)

Offline I Love Rainbows

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1445
  • -Receive: 3287
    • View Profile
Re: Please, provide us your Feedback And Suggestions!
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 07:36:39 AM »
i suggest that there shouldnt be the possibility to take a forum- name which is already used... it causes alot of trouble lately....  ::)

^^ I agree ^^ I have some further suggestions for preventing trolls.

1. Make it so that people can't post in threads until they've been registered on the board for a certain number of days (e.g. a week).
2. Log people's IP addresses so that someone can't create a troll account, and then create another once it gets deleted.
3. Make it so that while people still have a low number of posts (e.g. under 10), each post or new thread has to be moderator-approved before it is posted. I have volunteered to moderate before and I would be happy to do this.

Below are some other suggestions for the forum:

1. Have bigger avatar sizes available

2. Have BBcode formatting options in the signature panel - when I got to create a signature it says 'you can use BBcode', but it would be better if the signature had the option to edit in an advanced editor like the posts do, where I could actually highlight my signature and click 'red' or 'comic sans ms' etc and get that there instead of having to type in the code.

3. In an advanced signature editior, add the option of having small images - let people personalise their signatures more with animated gifs, sparkle text etc.

4. Fix up the signature options which means that in a lot of threads, signatures don't show (perhaps in none at all at the moment). I posted another thread about this here

http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-13/signature-questions/

In many sections of the forum, signatures don't show up at all.

5. On each post, have the option to click 'add signature' - or not.

6. Make it so that when a user changes their signature, it changes across the board - on previous posts they have made as well.

7. Get rid of the name 'weight-loss' - a LOT of people have been saying they don't like this and it totally goes against the LOA principle which is 'what you focus on, you get'. Change it to 'being my perfect size' or 'I am happy with my body size' or something like that. WEIGHT LOSS FOCUSES ON WEIGHT! Also, the name excludes those people who want to be at their perfect weight but are maybe trying to GAIN weight.

8. Make a better, prettier banner and heading for the forum - get people to submit suggestions. Even have it set so that when you log in, a random banner comes up.

9. Do the same with the quote at the top - does anyone else find

"Attract Carefully, In case, It becomes a Reality" - Ankur Sancheti
A bit ominous? And it's under 'news' but it's not really news because it's always there. Get a bunch of POSITIVE quotes, remove the word 'news' and have a random one come up each time someone logs in or refreshes the page.

10. Get rid of the 'poll' option on the bottom left. They are old polls from old threads and many of them don't even make sense.

11. Fix up the formatting in threads. Often, the 'color' and 'size' and 'bold' etc options on a new post get scrambled so that code appears where it shouldn't and the post becomes impossible to format and add all the emphises you want. The same goes for images - I find when I centre an image in a thread, ALL text in the thread becomes centered as well. Someone needs to go through the formatting options with a fine-tooth comb and fix them up so the code is all neat and clean and sparkly :)

12. I suggest adding further sections under 'how to use law of attraction' - because vision board is only one technique. Get suggestions from members on what they would like added. Move recent threads (e.g. last two months) to the new, relevant sections.

13. Change 'quotes and one liners' to something like 'mood enhancers' or 'materials from the vortex' - open it up to inspiring videos, songs, quotes, images and everything! A place where people can go and add anything and everything which feels GREAT!

14. Fix up the grammar on 'what are your attracting today'. It should be 'What are you attracting today?' and instead of 'Will be real fun!' it should be 'This is really fun!' or 'This will be really fun!' (this section could be the new ALIGN WITH REALITY section). Also fix up the grammar on 'Just Speak your Good Real Self and Thank!' in 'Today I want to thank' - it should read...actually, I'm not sure what it should read because I'm not sure what it's trying to say. The grammar on the forum headings also needs to be fixed up across the board - I'm happy to help with this.

15. Add images to each forum section which display on the main page.

16. Move the more positive, aligned sections up the top - so REALITY I AM ALIGNED WITH and GRATITUDE sections are the first thing people see when they log in.

17. Let us know when transformz is going to happen - that 'it's happening soon!' message has been there for AGES!

Thanks for reading - please get back to us soon Ankur.

Offline I Love Rainbows

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 03:22:12 AM »
Hi Anks,

Thanks for your comment in the chat that some of the stuff with the trolls has already been implemented - which of my suggestions has? What do you think about the others? I noticed we already log IP addresses so blocking new accounts from being made should be quite easy. Also, moderating new posts for users under 10 posts would cut back on the trolling. Notice that these accounts aren't just 'spam' as in automated spam. They are someone who is obviously watching the forum quite closely, getting to know the member's stories and then trying to cause friction behind the scenes. Please could you reply to the suggestions I've made above when you have time?

Also, to add to them: the profiles on the forum say they have HTML and CSS code available in the formatting box to format the whole profile. However as far as I can tell the code doesn't work. So that needs to be fixed up too.

Thanks, look forward to talking on Skype soon - send me an IM so we can make sure we don't miss each other this time. I'll be around on the weekend, but not all weekend, so it's best to plan it.

Offline Awesomeness

• Thank You
  • -Given: 463
  • -Receive: 639
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2012, 04:40:12 AM »
I'm way too tired to read every page, but is there a simple way to find my old posts, if there aren't new replies waiting to be read? Say I want to add an update to an old thread. How do I find it without doing a search?? Like a "view all subscribed threads" link on other forums.

TIA

Offline FindDivineTogether

• My Faith is strong enough to part Seas, and my Belief is all i need to truly succeed!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4317
  • -Receive: 4826
  • God will ALWAYS make a way...never doubt this!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2012, 04:51:17 AM »
Awesomeness did you try the search button on top of the page  :)

God Bless!

Offline Awesomeness

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2012, 05:22:52 AM »
I'd like an easy way to find just my own posts/threads without doing a search. :)

Offline tereza

• In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate - Isaac Asimov
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 783
  • -Receive: 1482
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 06:08:48 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to the email alerts for the subscribed threads? Mine hasn't worked in a long time.

Also, in the relationship section of the forum, there's 12 stickies...
Can we condense that all into one link? It's a bit repetitive as some of those posts are already linked to within those stickies.

I'd like an easy way to find just my own posts/threads without doing a search. :)

I second that.

1. Make it so that people can't post in threads until they've been registered on the board for a certain number of days (e.g. a week).
2. Log people's IP addresses so that someone can't create a troll account, and then create another once it gets deleted.
3. Make it so that while people still have a low number of posts (e.g. under 10), each post or new thread has to be moderator-approved before it is posted. I have volunteered to moderate before and I would be happy to do this.

I think it's a bit unfair to have people wait a week before they can post. So I'm against that. Suggestion 2 has been tried. I don't think people realize how many times the troll has joined this forum with a different IP.  Suggestion 3 is brilliant and I think it'll also help to cut down on the spammers. So I second that. :)

The reason they don't show up is because signatures only appear on the first post of a new thread by the person who creates the thread. I think this was done  in order to cut down on spammers. Don't really know how I feel about signatures being on every single post, but if this gets implemented, I think it'd be great if we could have the option to turn off signatures.

Also, for all the coding suggestions...maybe someone could volunteer to help Ankur out with that? He's the only one who handles the coding for this site and Transformz and he has a full-time job.

Offline I Love Rainbows

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 11:04:28 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to the email alerts for the subscribed threads? Mine hasn't worked in a long time.

I don't know. I would PM Ankur and ask him and also ask him to come and have a look at this thread.

Also, in the relationship section of the forum, there's 12 stickies...
Can we condense that all into one link? It's a bit repetitive as some of those posts are already linked to within those stickies.

Yep, I will have a look at it later tonight and see how I can condense them.

I second that.

If you go to your profile on the forum, there should be a link on the left hand side which says 'shows posts'. Do you guys get that? It should also work if you go to another member's profile.

I think it's a bit unfair to have people wait a week before they can post. So I'm against that. Suggestion 2 has been tried. I don't think people realize how many times the troll has joined this forum with a different IP.  Suggestion 3 is brilliant and I think it'll also help to cut down on the spammers. So I second that. :)

Awesome! I reply to this down below.

The reason they don't show up is because signatures only appear on the first post of a new thread by the person who creates the thread. I think this was done  in order to cut down on spammers. Don't really know how I feel about signatures being on every single post, but if this gets implemented, I think it'd be great if we could have the option to turn off signatures.

Also, for all the coding suggestions...maybe someone could volunteer to help Ankur out with that? He's the only one who handles the coding for this site and Transformz and he has a full-time job.

Regarding the other suggestions and helping Ankur: I have offered to help Ankur and I've also PM'ed him about quite a few of these suggestions. We've talked on Skype a couple of times but each time we haven't had enough time for him to show me how to use the forum controls, let alone go through all of the suggestions. I haven't quite been sure what to do actually, because on first reply he said that 'quite a few of these suggestions we have done already', but it seems to me that hardly any (if any at all) have been done. Yet, in our Skype talks, he started to show me how to moderate the forum (delete posts, ban users and so on) and we didn't get to this list.

I have messaged him a few times asking to talk and also go through this list again - no response. I have also, several times this year, asked him if running this forum is too much work for him with Transformz and his full time job. I asked that if it was, whether he'd consider selling it to someone like me who would be on here more full time - but he said no, he has enough time to run it - but then, as I said, he hasn't gotten back to my PMs about these issues (and a few others) and each time I've asked him to catch up he either hasn't replied or has just sent a quick reply saying he is too busy.

So, I've been at a bit of a loss. Sorry guys...if I knew how to I would jump in and resolve all of these for you now :)

Offline tereza

• In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate - Isaac Asimov
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 783
  • -Receive: 1482
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »
If you go to your profile on the forum, there should be a link on the left hand side which says 'shows posts'. Do you guys get that? It should also work if you go to another member's profile.

Yup, that works for me. But I think it might be easier if there was just one link at the top that lead people directly to their posts and subscribed threads. On other forums it's sometimes labeled "user cp". So I guess what I was really asking for is that there would be one link to find what you're looking for instead of having to go through a couple of links.

Regarding the other suggestions and helping Ankur: I have offered to help Ankur and I've also PM'ed him about quite a few of these suggestions. We've talked on Skype a couple of times but each time we haven't had enough time for him to show me how to use the forum controls, let alone go through all of the suggestions. I haven't quite been sure what to do actually, because on first reply he said that 'quite a few of these suggestions we have done already', but it seems to me that hardly any (if any at all) have been done. Yet, in our Skype talks, he started to show me how to moderate the forum (delete posts, ban users and so on) and we didn't get to this list.

I think in order to implement some of the larger changes he'd have to open up some more of the functions for you. So yeah, it's up to Ankur. If there are simple things you want to do... http://www.simplemachines.org/
They have a FAQ somewhere that's been pretty helpful to me.

Anyway, yeah will PM Ankur about the email thing. Thanks. :)

Offline Awesomeness

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
Just now figured out that you have to hold your cursor over the orange "profile info" button to see "show posts." I looked at my profile, other people's profile, and never could find a "show posts" button!

Offline marioska

• Thank You
  • -Given: 593
  • -Receive: 503
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 10:16:07 PM »
Hi! I think I've suggested this before, but I didn't give any other choice: it would be nice if the name of "weight loss" section was something like "LOA&Changing your phisical appearance". The reasons I think it's important to change it are 1. not everyone wants to loose weight, some of us are looking for ways of gaining some pounds; 2. weight loss is a negative sentence: if you're focusing on loosing weight, you'll always attract more weight to lose; and 3. (this has a lot to do with 1.) sometimes you want to change some specific parts of the body, so it's not useful to have a section in the forum for each one of them. This would be a more general name for a general issue section.

What do you think? Maybe there's still something missing, but that's what I've been wondering till now. 

Offline Aquarius98

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 12:24:42 AM »
I think to get this site more traffic you guys could do some advertisement and a video on youtube. Now the site is a little dead.

Offline Mr Brightside

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 144
  • -Receive: 6844
  • Now I am Power Stefzilla! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 12:45:50 AM »
I think to get this site more traffic you guys could do some advertisement and a video on youtube. Now the site is a little dead.

I might have a good idea for this. I have lots of Hicks audio I can put on Youtube, I already started doing that anyways. But at the start of each video, or in the description box I can place the site URL for people to come see.
Might work…

That’s of course if laziness doesn’t take over,

Offline BrandyGrandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 398
  • -Receive: 200
  • You will see it when you believe it
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2013, 12:35:17 AM »
Hi. Can the "shout" box be put at the top of the chat box (would be perfect where the "Just For Saying Hi" is now)? This way there is no need to scroll down to comment.

~Brandy

Offline Ripplehd

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2015, 03:21:43 AM »
              ;) Need Any moderators?

Offline Tenko

• Keep calm follow the call of source and move toward the light
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1081
  • -Receive: 1197
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2016, 12:38:11 AM »
I made a double post in the chatbox, can you please remove it?

Tags: