Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: I have no long term vision, what do I do?  (Read 319 times)

Offline alobabes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
I have no long term vision, what do I do?
« on: February 20, 2020, 06:14:08 AM »
I always see people saying I should focus on my long term vision and manifest it so I can be happy, but I really don't know what that is supposed to be. I have almost no idea. I know I want to go to college eventually, but I'm worried that will change and I'm not sure what to study. I've wanted to study psychology and it still interests me, but thinking of majoring in it still leaves me with doubt and weird feelings. I don't have any dreams or anything I want to really work towards as of yet, except having enough money to live comfortably. I'm only 19, but I feel like I'm always running out of time. What am I supposed to do about this?

Offline Magnetic Apprentice

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 60
  • My Power is in THIS Moment
    • View Profile
Re: I have no long term vision, what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 10:24:36 PM »
It's easy to give the following advice to teenagers when you're a lot older than 19 :D, but here goes:

>> Stop worrying about what others think of you, telling you what you're supposed to do, or how to run your life. Start developing your own agenda.

You were born an individual in the care of your parents. Now you are on the verge of adulthood, you're still that same individual, but you are now in the care of yourself.

It seems, from what you have written, that you believe you must start making hard choices about what to do with your life. That is a false belief, instilled in you - perhaps - by parents who love and worry about you and are trying to point you in a particular direction. But you are not ready.

I do not know your financial circumstances, but I would look at doing some travelling, or do some volunteer work away from home. You will experience things, places and people who will reinforce the type of person you want to be.

You need some more 'life experience' in order to understand what role you would like to create for yourself in society. Seek that for yourself.

- MA

Offline alobabes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: I have no long term vision, what do I do?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 07:20:10 AM »
I know I do need to stop worrying about what others think. I've lived for other people for a long time and I'd like to figure out who I am, but I just don't know how and have so much going on in my life, it's overwhelming and I feel like I don't have the time. I guess then I'm worried I'll run out of time to make those choices. I would love to do volunteering and traveling, but unfortunately, I don't have the money. That is a good idea though if I am able to ever get away and experience new things to help me. Thank you for helping me though!

Tags: