Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Hypnosis Induction Methods  (Read 745 times)

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 660
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
Hypnosis Induction Methods
« on: November 25, 2019, 01:37:52 AM »
I will detail below some methods for inducing hypnotic / trance states but first, it is prudent to understand a few things about what hypnosis actually is, so that you are better informed as to how to prepare, how to conduct yourself and what to expect.

Hypnosis is a powerful tool used whereby we use the conscious mind to navigate a way into the unconscious mind, enabling us to make changes to our overall perceptions to all memories and to upcoming experiences. All of our choices, actions and reactions are driven by our present perceptions. They will ultimately determine what direction we go in.
Furthermore, our imagination is a very complex and largely unknown animal. Phenomena like déjà vu raise many many questions as to whether or not our life is somewhat predetermined by our imaginal acts through life or before it or a combination of both...the jury is still very much out on this.

Hypnosis is only as good as you are. These methods are ineffective if you approach it incorrectly, have no goal at the end of it and fail to be willing to follow simple commands.
Use of the conscious mind to navigate you through to hypnosis which is done via focusing upon one form of sensory perception. Once you are in so deep, your conscious awareness begins to evaporate and you are left with unconscious awareness, as the cells within your sensory receivers within your brain begin to fire all by themselves. This will come from entering dissociation.

This thread is directed specifically at induction methods into hypnotic trance, what you decide once reaching here, is up to your own imagination. You must practice before perfecting. Some of these methods will not work specifically for you but the only way to tell this is to try them a few times and see what works best for you. Use these steps more as guidance notes, as opposed to formal instructions, as you are required to be your own guide in self-hypnosis...I cannot be there with you to guide you through.
I will state which of these I have tried and verified and which I have not but am still aware of and I will save my go-to's for the end.
Here goes.....

Visual Induction

Lie comfortably on your back, arms laying comfortably by your side or hands clasped on your waist.
Take a long, slow, comfortable deep breath in as far as you can go.
Exhale gently, much like the inhale but reversed, obviously.
Do this 4 or 5 times until you have naturally reached and maintained a natural, relaxed breathing rhythm.
Allow your imagination to take you back to the most relaxing place you have ever been before. Could be a beach, mountain, lake, massage...whatever. Your unconscious mind remembers this place and every facet of every detail about it, so consciously take yourself back here.
Start to remember and feel how relaxing it was and how relaxed you are now, as a result.
Dwell within the image and the relaxing feeling it brings.
Begin to let go of the conscious control and just allow yourself to follow the imagination. Images will come for you to follow once you let go of controlling them. Slip into the imagination. Let it guide you through.

In my experience, this one is difficult as firstly, I'm not great with images and my mental recall for them can be off. It requires a fine poise between control and letting go. Those of you with worse vision in real life, might actually be better at this than myself. I really need a hypnotist to be my guide at this so that I find it easier to just follow.

Breath Induction - Wim Hoff

I've tried this one several times and it works pretty well for me.
Get yourself in the same comfortable position as above.
Breathe all the way in, sharply as far and as quick as you can.
Exhale as quickly as you can, all the way out until everything is pushed out of you and you cannot push any further.
Repeat this over and over again for up to 5 minutes.
When you end it, lay still and observe that your need for breath is virtually obsolete. Observe that your body has virtually shut down, feels lifeless, maybe tingles a little bit but is the most relaxed it has ever been.

Simple, yet very effective.

Feeling Induction

I've written this one up here before, so rather than write it up again, I'll just attach the link for it....

http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php?topic=25876.msg217029#msg217029

One of my go-to's and allows me to get to dissociation the best out of all of these.

Audible Induction

This is what I play with mostly. I am very good at following audible commands.

Lie down in same position again as above and follow the same, comfortable breathing routine as the visual induction.
With your inner monologue acting as your hypnotist, say "relax," in your monotone inner monologue.
Hold your focus on the word whilst maintaining a comfortable breathing rhythm.
As you begin to lose focus, say it again and hold your focus.
As you begin to lose focus again, say "deeper" and focus on this word.
Begin to move your focus to your left foot and notice how lifeless it feels.
Repeat "deeper" again.
Continue to move your focus around the words relax and deeper and random body parts until your body is totally relaxed.

I've run out of time just now to detail other methods but I'll be sure to add them here for you in due course.

Be your own boss here. Play around with the guidelines and explore your minds imagination. Understand what you are looking for and go find them. Do not force, do not fight - just follow and be willing to go with it and accept the suggestions.

Any questions, just ask.

EDIT: Some spelling and grammar corrections
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 01:49:23 AM by Alexbally »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Mornandil

• Seeker
  • Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: Hypnosis Induction Methods
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 02:34:44 AM »
Thank you for this guide! I will try these, and try to find the best one for me. Hope I can manage to stop my engine for a while 🤣

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 03:05:52 AM »
De nada, @mornandil.

Just relax with it, as this is all about deep relaxation after all. Take your time, there's no rush, it is not a race.

Find that gap. Find that point of deep relaxation and peace of mind because once you have found it, your mind learns it and how to get back there quicker and quicker each time.

Offline Alchemy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 63
  • -Receive: 191
  • I’m Just Learning!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 12:01:13 PM »
🔺
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 12:28:03 PM by Alchemy »

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 06:19:44 PM »
🔺

Alchs, you are more than welcome to comment and to contribute here please mate....free from prejudice too.
I will be adding more methods here later on to try and to discuss further - you are free to say and suggest as you wish buddy.

Offline Alchemy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 63
  • -Receive: 191
  • I’m Just Learning!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
Kindly and respectfully edit and modify the subject— key central and focal point is primary— the metaphysical and ontological question —— what is hypnosis?

Hypnotic induction method is intermediate, preceding with an introduction is paramount; the information provided is significantly confusing for beginners and intermediate —— because holistic information has chronological axioms —  imperative educational incentive to pursuit deeper understanding

What Is Hypnotism?

The subject is “What Is Hypnotism?”  Share from a Cognitive Neuro-Scientific perspective
—- Philosophical
—- Metaphysical & Ontological..
Brainwave transitions—-
Lucidity & Susceptibility to external influence.

Hypnotism is the correlation between Linguistics Models, Neurological Processes, Behavioral Patterns and the Human Psyche.

What is Hypnotism?

Then elaborate on the the Methods Of Induction——-

Kindly take into consideration
Subliminal, Supraliminal, Hyperliminal, NLP, CBT, Programming, Influence, Suggestions.

~ This is linear hypnosis ~

Nonlinear is intermittent and inadvertent —— guided through Neurolinguistic Principles!
Mentioning linear and nonlinear hypnosis is irrelevant and insignificant to serve a point, it only applies to a deeper context——

Post an introduction to hypnosis!

“Your Thoughts Are Interesting!

—-  Respectfully! —

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »
Maybe I should explain my initial visions and intentions behind this thread a little...

The point of the thread primarily is to describe practical methods for individuals to go away and try for themselves. The methods are only outlined as opposed to detailed so to allow for fluidity on the behalf of the practitioner as it is difficult to guide people into a hypnotic state by the written word, although not impossible. I'm not a writer and as such, the aim is not to hypnotise them with my words but to briefly describe different methodology so individuals can later think about them deeper and begin to put into practice with themselves as their own guide and at their own pace.

The idea I had in mind was for people to read a method, digest it and give it a go. I'm well aware that they will bring questions specific to each individuals practice and I'm happy to field these specific questions, as I feel they pertain more to the individual rather than the subject itself. I am trying to encourage the notion of 'having a go' so that individuals can note differences it makes to them and explore these further on their own accord. I will be drawing up further methods that are not of my own creation (credit will be given) as time goes on so to allow for people to continue to try different methods and to also field any questions that may arise in between too.

I also had in mind that there will be various nationalities reading the thread potentially and as such, I have to consider that English is not always a native tongue.

I did not want to harp on too much about what hypnosis is as this is a subject in and of itself. I could do a brief outline from my own perspective or I could easily end up writing a book - something I do not have the free time available to do so, so I delivered it as was.

I knew when posting this that it would pique your interest to at least take a look and I'm glad that it did as I am always happy for you to analyse and contribute wherever you may see fit. I'm happy for you to do so here on this thread or to create a new and link it here, the world is your oyster. I personally do not think it is prudent to deviate too far from the initial intention of the thread but on the other hand, I'm also very aware that it can be very difficult to control somewhat too. I'm still indecisive on the matter presently.
Perhaps they could be run alongside each other 🤔

TLDR:
I wanted to attempt to keep it practical, not theoretical initially and to answer specific questions as we go along as they may arise from practicing individuals.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:35:02 PM by Alexbally »

Offline Mornandil

• Seeker
  • Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »
It's just have been 2 days since you posted this guide, and I started trying two methods I thought could fit me: feeling induction and breathing induction.

The first one I still trying, even at first was a big "no" to me. I'm not good at feeling if not through a "physical" feeling (not sure if I'm explaining myself, sorry) but still give it a go each day for while, cause I think I can expand my posibilities there and could be a good starting point to train my mind a bit. Try to feel more, and not rely that much on my senses.

Breathing induction on the other hand, has been quite easy for me to follow, since I am a heavy sports practitioner and surprised me to find a pattern in this technique with some breathing exercises my personal trainer makes me to do while training.
Curious thing, first time I did it, I don't remember what exactly happened after, I just know that I stood up of my bed and walked away. I have not the slightest idea what I did or where I went. Last night I did the same thing, but noticed this morning that I had moved some things on my apartment from one place to another 🤣🤣

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »
Hola amigo, como estas?

That's great that you're trying a couple! I see these as two-fold gains essentially;
1. To feel and understand the intricate connection and control that the mind has over the body. Specifically for you @mornandil, it will definitely give you a new perspective on how to relax, and,
2. For those that want to go further beyond the induction and into effective visualisation that is done properly.

You will all grow at your own pace and go in your own directions after getting the hang of the inductions.

The breathing induction is from a guy called Wim Hof. A Dutch man that is I think the world record holder for swimming underwater in arctic waters for the longest period of time. He, like myself, can transcend cold temperatures. He's just much better at it than I am. Lol
You can find him on the internet for further and better teaching at his methods than i could ever dream of emulating.

The feeling one (ladder) is one of my favourites. You can swap the ladder for falling backwards off of a building if you want. The idea is to catch the feeling of free falling and hold it and observe the corresponding feeling in the body as the mind begins to shut it down.

Moy bien.

Offline Mornandil

• Seeker
  • Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 10:31:09 PM »
Gracias!

I've read something about Wim Hof when I got to my personal trainer. He uses some variation of his breathing induction while training, something a bit lighter, of course. With that he pretend we just focus on our breathing when we run out of breath or when someone is hurting. Never realised the guy was almost hypnotising us just not to feel the pain. 🤣 My trainer is a genius lol.

I assume the feeling induction must be something close to when just when you are about to sleep and you feel falling from your bed.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 11:05:32 PM »
De nada.

Your trainer is using clever alternative techniques to divert your attention for you. He is pretty good.

With the feeling method, the ladder is not important at all. The feeling of free falling is what you are searching for.

Offline Mornandil

• Seeker
  • Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 09:01:27 AM »
Here is some update with these techniques. Still working on many of them, the breathing induction is the best one for me to follow. Improving at it, cause I need shorter times to get.myself into relaxation.

Beyond that, I gained a lot of stability on my mind since Im doing it. Im able to focus on just one task instead my mind trying to reach everything. My anxiety has lowered significantly, and I have been in a nice constant mood all along. I'm waking up each morning with my mind quiet instead of overthinking and my chronic headaches are mostly gone. Could be my percepction, but I believe even my body has improved noticeably, because I had a nice improvement peak on my trainig.

Only "issue" I've found is I'm doing weird stuff while I'm relaxed and see/dream with intensity, not sure even if are dreams or I'm hallucinating. The feeling it's amazing tho   ;D

Tags: