Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: My doubts about the effectiveness of RS  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 660
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
Re: My doubts about the effectiveness of RS
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2019, 09:16:57 PM »
I was not after your reassurance Anna.
Of course, you would say that your opinion and interpretation was correct, otherwise you would have to admit to yourself that you have wasted years following nonsense. Just like srakter had to do in order to free himself from a warped perception.

You see when you see. I cannot make you see.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
  • -Given: 908
  • -Receive: 1695
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2019, 10:44:41 PM »
Of course, you would say that your opinion and interpretation was correct, otherwise you would have to admit to yourself that you have wasted years following nonsense. Just like srakter had to do in order to free himself from a warped perception.

That's a bit strong, isn't it? Who said I wasted any time? Not me, that's for sure.

I wasn't saying that my opinion was correct. It was my view, but I have never said that it was the right way to do things. I think that few people on this forum would be able to claim that they know all of the answers, all of the time; that's why most of us are here, I guess.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2019, 11:24:17 PM »
My apologies Anna, reading that back again I admit, it sounded nothing like how I actually meant it to sound in my head. Totally my fault for not reading back over it again after pressing the post button...sorry for how that came across.

Bearing in mind what I wrote previously last night, it's my view that nothing is actually a waste of time. As an example, its plausible that today is the day where you might begin to look at things in a slightly different way. You might remember this thread in 5 years time when something happens and brings you back to this moment again...maybe even a kind of eureka moment possibly. Who knows?

Again, apologies for how my previous message sounded.

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 48
  • -Receive: 93
  • The meek shall inherit the Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2019, 11:40:34 PM »

However, loa has not been proven to exist, either

I'd disagree with this, Anna. I think it's been proven to exist, but the whole LOA name is incorrect. Part of the reason why they called it the Law of Attraction is because, due to the time sequence from thought to reality, and the "bridge of incidents/series of events" which often leads you from your thought to your chosen physical reality, it seemed to be "an attraction" like you were going from point A to point B to Point C, etc. It's just physics, really. You get the idea.

The problem with the name LOA is it causes people think in terms of "attraction". That spawns crap like "vibration","getting in the vortex", and all the other silly LOA terms we know and love. Then the people who have success will often rationalize it to being "Oh, I must've let go and he came back. My RS worked!". But when things fall apart for them, they're back to square one and left oblivious to what went wrong. Unfortunately, these people don't use critical thinking and that's why there's so few LOA success stories out there.

What we all know as LOA, is working all the time. Yes, you can have everything or anyone you want. Remember, the universe does not think like a person. Therefore, it doesn't know what's best for you or "has something better" in store for you, as some LOA guru's actually promote it as. It doesn't require you to change your character. It's an impartial law. It gives no matter what. It's just that people go about it the wrong way and treat this law as if it were some spiritual philosophy.

Sorry, MA138, I probably didn't make myself clear enough. I wasn't disputing whether loa exists or not: I know without a doubt that it exists, and I've proven it to myself time and again. But what I was referring to more was that the science world and the mainstream don't acknowledge it's existence (not that I know of, at least). It is not "scientifically proven" was what I meant.

Very interesting discussion and observations.

In fact all of this has been amply proven to exist, scientifically, in the form of empirical evidence (mountains of it) and formulae etc.

However whenever it raises its disturbing head, whether in experimental evidence or mathematics or quantum physics, it has been instantly slammed as ‘pseudoscience’ for one simple reason. It challenges our existing model. To accommodate it in the mainstream would require a paradigm shift. It would fuel an about-turn in our current belief system and our existing power structure. It’s pretty obvious why the powers-that-be find this pretty damn undesirable.

If you are interested in the science, I would highly recommend the following books:

- Rupert Sheldrake ‘The Science Delusion’
- Dean Radin ‘Real Magic’
- Marjorie Woollacott ‘Infinite Awareness: the Awakening of a Scientific Mind’
- Lynne McTaggart ‘The Field’

Things will change pretty soon, imo, in the field of science. This knowledge/perspective is creeping into universities, respected journals, and the public mind.
Give it 20 yrs.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2019, 11:53:37 PM »
No Possum, it's called "pseudoscience" because reality cannot be defined by mathematical equations, and that's exactly what theoretical physics is....mathematical pseudoscience.
To claim that many worlds exist because an equation says so and nothing else is seriously nuttier than squirrel turd.

Addition:
Are you even aware that nobody has ever visibly seen an electron before, even under microscope?
Are you aware that nobody has ever seen "dark matter" before, yet apparently it makes up 98% of everything around us?
Are you aware that nobody has seen a black hole before?

The lies prevent people seeing the truth. Fanciful lies occupy the mind more than boring truth does. They just make lies up and cover over the old lies with new lies in attempts to keep the old lie alive, like papering over a crack. And people like you believe them....without ever scrutinizing them and their claims...bizarre in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:04:37 AM by Alexbally »

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 48
  • -Receive: 93
  • The meek shall inherit the Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2019, 12:23:56 AM »
Oh yes.
And I suppose the earth is flat?  ;D

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2019, 12:40:16 AM »
I would not know. I've not seen with my own eyes.
Have you?

Poor argument by the way lol

Offline srakter

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2019, 02:58:57 AM »
My feeling is that rs works. It works just as any kind of telepathy works. But just as some people have difficulty sending telepathic messages, there are people who get poor results from rs, or no results from rs, or the rs backfires because of the rs-er's desperation or impatience, etc. People come with various degrees of psychic ability: some are gifted and some aren't. And there are some people who have trained their ability like a muscle, and others who aren't prepared to do the work. There can be all kinds of reasons why it doesn't work, just as there are all kinds of reasons why loa doesn't work.

I agree with Alex (I can't remember his exact words) that we shouldn't put everything down to the rs we've done. We can't put every tingle we feel down to rs, for example. But what I have experienced is, it does work for some people, at least some of the time.

Thank you for your messages Anna.
I mostly wanted to listen to some positive feedbacks.
Can I just ask you which signs made you convinced that your RS worked?

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
  • -Given: 908
  • -Receive: 1695
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2019, 08:04:15 PM »
My feeling is that rs works. It works just as any kind of telepathy works. But just as some people have difficulty sending telepathic messages, there are people who get poor results from rs, or no results from rs, or the rs backfires because of the rs-er's desperation or impatience, etc. People come with various degrees of psychic ability: some are gifted and some aren't. And there are some people who have trained their ability like a muscle, and others who aren't prepared to do the work. There can be all kinds of reasons why it doesn't work, just as there are all kinds of reasons why loa doesn't work.

I agree with Alex (I can't remember his exact words) that we shouldn't put everything down to the rs we've done. We can't put every tingle we feel down to rs, for example. But what I have experienced is, it does work for some people, at least some of the time.

Thank you for your messages Anna.
I mostly wanted to listen to some positive feedbacks.
Can I just ask you which signs made you convinced that your RS worked?

There are things that they say and do which make it obvious. Their behaviour is often quite similar to when people are naturally infatuated with you.

Offline srakter

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »

There are things that they say and do which make it obvious. Their behaviour is often quite similar to when people are naturally infatuated with you.

This is extremely vague. But ok.
What makes you think they don't behave like this for other reasons?

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2019, 12:33:50 AM »

Yeah that sounds an awful lot like confirmation bias to me. Nothing substantial there, sorry.

Offline srakter

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2019, 03:53:34 PM »
In my opinion (and my experience), this doesn't work.
It can just create some pleasure to practice and feed the imagination. No more.

At the end, even if we insist about the "letting go" (cause we precisely know it hasn't real impact), let's admit that everybody practices it to get results.
It creates many expectations. When they aren't fulfilled, it just creates more frustration.
I'm definitely out of it.

Thanks for all your messages. Even if I maybe hoped to have a little more arguments from the people believing into it.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2019, 04:25:09 PM »
Srakter, I'm sorry to say the majority of them left the forum a little while ago mate. There was a big rush of them, roughly around the time when you started up but they all disappeared to discord servers I think, and I expect the majority of these servers have likely fizzled out too by now.
People get bored of talking about being ignored by their "SP" and getting the odd facebook like eventually.

Anyway, you are beginning to see the truth. All is not lost, in fact, you have so much to gain from here, now that your head is turned in a more productive direction for your endeavours.
If you require further assistance, just let us know.

Online Hayate

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 299
  • Mind Power Seduction
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2019, 05:07:06 PM »

Offline srakter

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2019, 05:09:50 PM »
Srakter, I'm sorry to say the majority of them left the forum a little while ago mate. There was a big rush of them, roughly around the time when you started up but they all disappeared to discord servers I think, and I expect the majority of these servers have likely fizzled out too by now.
People get bored of talking about being ignored by their "SP" and getting the odd facebook like eventually.

Anyway, you are beginning to see the truth. All is not lost, in fact, you have so much to gain from here, now that your head is turned in a more productive direction for your endeavours.
If you require further assistance, just let us know.

Thanks Alex.
I m a little bit disappointed, but it will help me to stop and go to something else.

Tags: