Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Confusion with LOA  (Read 533 times)

Offline EmilyFoxSeaton

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Confusion with LOA
« on: August 28, 2019, 04:52:42 AM »
One of many things that confuses me about the LOA is that it seems to be directly opposed to what I learned with regard to mindfulness. What I thought I learned there is that you had to disassociate your mind from your brain. Feelings were not you. Feelings were something that you could see, acknowledge, and let them go. You didn't have to act in conformance therewith. You didn't have to let your emotions travel with you.  The end result of all of this was to make me, as a human, much more sedate and disconnected with my emotions. I know they are there but I strive for a Spock type existence where I sort of gather them, push them outside me, and examine them logically and parse them as needed. This helped me so much with bad feelings such as anxiety or depression because I didn't have to let them control me or wallow in them. But to the extent that I still have anxiety or depression it is because my feelings grab control before I am able to wrestle them back.

Now I come to LOA and I get messages that I have to "feel" things. I have to examine my feelings and really feel things. Feel genuine gratitude. Feel love for everything. I think at one point Rhonda Byrne says I ned to associate with my feelings (the exact opposite of what I thought I just learned). I need to find what makes me happy and revel in those feelings ... extend those feelings as long as possible. Without feelings I basically will not really be able to manifest... she even says you can't know your thoughts unless you know how you feel.

Buutttttt... that seems directly opposite from all that I learned with regard to mindfulness. It also seems dangerous. Prior to my "enlightenment" with mindfulness I was controlled by my feelings in a dangerous way... and it was destructive. If I associate with my feelings to promote the positive feelings don't I run the risk of the negative ones taking over and running with me?

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Receive: 646
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
Re: Confusion with LOA
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 10:57:42 AM »
 There are 2 definitions to the word "feeling." Perhaps you have the wrong one in mind (You do btw).

Offline Normal man

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »
EmilyFoxSeaton!

You have asked a significant question. Alexbally perfectly explained it. There are 2 definitions of feeling.
One is positive and another one is negative. LOA works with both. What kind of feeling you are generating frequently? What is your core vibration? The same you will receive back into your life as experiences.
And you are talking about mindfulness as well. It is different subject. It is higher than LOA. LOA is a student where Mindfulness is working as Principal. Mindfulness works through your consciousness. Mindfulness means, you have to be conscious about your thoughts, feelings & moods. Because as you said these are not part of YOU. YOU means your consciousness - Your TRUE SELF.
LOA is applied to fulfill our desire. Whereas the basic of mindfulness is extremely opposite in 180 degree. You can be mindfulness once you detach from your desires. Then you can watch your thoughts and feelings as a witness. You will not be controlled by them. Rather you will control them. You can choose what kind of feeling or thought you want to entertain. Your mind will be your servant. But for that you have to tune yourself with your consciousness - he is the real boss of your mind.   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:39:55 PM by Normal man »

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 02:38:35 AM »
Cheers Norm but I did actually mean "feeling" as in the sense of touch, but I do still agree very much with your message too.

Offline EmilyFoxSeaton

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 04:13:33 AM »
You have asked a significant question. Alexbally perfectly explained it. There are 2 definitions of feeling.
One is positive and another one is negative. LOA works with both. What kind of feeling you are generating frequently? What is your core vibration? The same you will receive back into your life as experiences.   

I truly didn't understand what you're getting at.  Feelings that I generate are anxiety, fear, bitterness, frustration, but, I have learned with time to blunt these feelings via mindfulness. When an anxiety thought comes in and I catch it, I take out mindfulness techniques and calm the restless mind. This of course could be a reason why my life if you were to describe it is "fair to middling" not to bad, not to good.  You could say I never give into strong feelings anymore.

But everything I read about LOA seems to say that I need to *feel* in order to use it. Feel love, feel gratitude, and to me that seems incompatible with who I am and have become via years of work. A logical thinker and someone who has blunted and not ever strong feelings about anything. A creature like Spock.

To become a "feeling" creature concerns me because it is, essentially, too dangerous. As I fear my mindfulness will go out the window and be replaced with a creature controlled by emotion and "feelings" rather than logic and mindfulness.

Sure the feelings might be positive but how long will that last?

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 93
  • The meek shall inherit the Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
I agree with you, Emily. The reasons you, clearly a thinking, sensitive and intelligent person, have blunted your feelings are probably very similar to my reasons for daydreaming and dissociating. Maybe itís just necessity.

Not doing so (for me at least) is too painful, and way too dangerous.
Itís self-protection. Also the cynicism e.g. re men, thatís self protection too.
You canít have your empathy button permanently Ďoní ... it would kill you! Or drive you insane... pretty quickly.

The fact is, people very often canít be trusted. And energetically, they/we are extremely unbalanced, grasping at or lashing out at others, and disconnected from ourselves.

Where would be a safe place, a safe environment, to reconnect? Not sure. But maybe finding safe places, people, etc. in which to open up and get meditative about stuff could be the way forward.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline EmilyFoxSeaton

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 04:34:10 PM »
You canít have your empathy button permanently Ďoní ... it would kill you! Or drive you insane... pretty quickly.

Yes indeed. For me... I feel like being a feeling person is sort of up the sky on a cloud. I get lost in the feelings and soon, frankly, become ungrounded and unable to connect to reality.  While being mindful is a way of returning to the earth... connected and clear. At one point in my life I was deeply associated with my feelings and I lashed out when I wanted and was all over the place.  I start to wonder if the LOA is just being taught wrong by people who are naturally feelers.  Thus for them they like to use the LOA in a feeling way. But it does't have to be that way.

Instead of using the word "feeling" it might be better to use the word "convictions".

An example. When I was a kid I had a terrible time learning to drive. My dad didn't trust me and was completely hysterical that we were going to get into an accident. I got it into my mind that I was NEVER going to get into an accident because I wouldn't want him to get to be like "told ya". My statement to the universe that day, and every day since, is that "I am not getting into an accident" and with great conviction and certainty I speak that with every fiber of my being that day ... and every day since. It isn't even an option for me.  And, I have never been in an accident. Now true, I do actions that tend to assist this but also, the nature of reality is that accidents are typically outside your control.

Quietly, mindfully, I tell the universe not to even attempt to send an accident my way because it isn't happening.

Offline Normal man

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 08:57:52 PM »
EmilyFoxSeaton!

Thats what i am telling. If you are a true mindfulness person, you will not at all require to apply LOA. And I wish you from a long distance in this earth for your effort of being mindful. I know it is not that much easy. Being mindful always is difficult than doing meditation in the beginning.

If we become a true mindfulness person we will come to know that it is not connected to our mind or logical thinking. Because you can not watch your mind by your mind. A watcher must be out side. So who is watching your mind? Yes. Your consciousness. Your true self.

If you once get in touch with your true self, you will not require LOA. Because you will generate more positive energy & your whole life will be a miracle. You need not ask anything. Everything will be granted o you.

"seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Offline EmilyFoxSeaton

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 04:27:01 AM »
If you once get in touch with your true self, you will not require LOA. Because you will generate more positive energy & your whole life will be a miracle. You need not ask anything. Everything will be granted o you.

Well this goes against everything in the secret but now that I am expanding my knowledge of the LOA and am seeing that it is compatible with mindfulness.  Basically I think the wording was wrong. I like to think of it not that you have to "feel" but that your belief needs to be genuine. You have to be "earnest" with the universe.

I read a very good book on neuroplacticity and the power of mental force a few years ago. This was really a science book but it kind of hinted that your "mind" was different than your brain. And that your mind could effect the physical world (mental force), in this case, your brain.  They talked about a study on obsessive compulsive disorder. They divided the participants into three groups. One did nothing, one got an SSRI, and one only did cognitive behavior of constantly trying to be mindful and readjust their thoughts. When later PET scans were done of their brains... the ONLY group that showed an actual physical change to their brain was the cognitive thinking group. Brains were actually physically different and the only thing they did was change their thinking.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1200
  • -Receive: 1308
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 02:37:29 PM »

Yes indeed. For me... I feel like being a feeling person is sort of up the sky on a cloud. I get lost in the feelings and soon, frankly, become ungrounded and unable to connect to reality.  While being mindful is a way of returning to the earth... connected and clear. At one point in my life I was deeply associated with my feelings and I lashed out when I wanted and was all over the place.  I start to wonder if the LOA is just being taught wrong by people who are naturally feelers.  Thus for them they like to use the LOA in a feeling way. But it does't have to be that way.

Instead of using the word "feeling" it might be better to use the word "convictions".

An example. When I was a kid I had a terrible time learning to drive. My dad didn't trust me and was completely hysterical that we were going to get into an accident. I got it into my mind that I was NEVER going to get into an accident because I wouldn't want him to get to be like "told ya". My statement to the universe that day, and every day since, is that "I am not getting into an accident" and with great conviction and certainty I speak that with every fiber of my being that day ... and every day since. It isn't even an option for me.  And, I have never been in an accident. Now true, I do actions that tend to assist this but also, the nature of reality is that accidents are typically outside your control.

Quietly, mindfully, I tell the universe not to even attempt to send an accident my way because it isn't happening.

Now if you were reading and believed what it says in  The Secret, you'd be attracting accidents etc by even considering the possibility! They'd call that giving attention to what you don't want.

Offline EmilyFoxSeaton

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 04:46:44 PM »
Now if you were reading and believed what it says in  The Secret, you'd be attracting accidents etc by even considering the possibility! They'd call that giving attention to what you don't want.

Agree I don't 100% believe the secret. But I think it is more with my entire body, mind and spirit I had a strong belief that I would not have one.  Not like "I don't want one" (which implies you could have one).

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Normal man

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 04:09:44 PM »
Its is very interesting. If we can live with total mindfulness we need not to do separate LOA sessions. Water needed for a person who is thirsty. But if you are mindful already you are dancing in the rain with Joy! Simply by opening your mouth you can get water. No effort is needed. In fact- first of all you won't having the feeling of thirsty. Nothing will need to be attracted because already you are living in total bliss!

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 07:45:51 PM »
Do me a favour please Emily and Chuck that "The Secret" book out the window please, it really is misleading you.

The Secret is the number 1 reason for these crossed wires on the use and definition of the word "feeling." 

Offline EmilyFoxSeaton

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 09:38:24 PM »
Do me a favour please Emily and Chuck that "The Secret" book out the window please, it really is misleading you.
The Secret is the number 1 reason for these crossed wires on the use and definition of the word "feeling." 

But it is so pretty!  :)

Actually I was thinking about it the other day and I never have and probably never will wear a seatbelt. Knowing darn well how important that could be if I was in an accident. I suppose that says I don't need one because I am not getting in an accident.

Tags: