Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: People think I have said things...  (Read 418 times)

Offline Burnt Toast

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
People think I have said things...
« on: August 18, 2019, 08:56:30 PM »
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help or explain this. 
Quite often,  people,  such as family,  friends or work colleagues have been convinced I have said something which I am 100% sure I didn't say.  An example would be a work colleague thanking me for informing them about something and being insistent it came from me,  when I didn't know about the situation myself.  Friends have have said stuff like,  "oh remember the time you said...... " and I am sitting there bewildered. Once,  my brother in law forgot my birthday and came round with a belated gift.  He said there was no need to have given him such a telling off,  it was just a mistake.  I had not even seen him,  let alone told him off!!!  I had no idea what he was talking about.  This has worried me about my memory,  then something happened at work.
I work in an educational establishment,  and just before the Summer break,  a schedule for the start off the academic year had been emailed to all the department.  I had been scheduled in for a day I has specifically asked not to be.  I did not say anything or respond though,  I decided to just roll with it,  we all have to make sacrifices to help the team out at times. 
A new schedule has been sent out and my days have been amended to what I previously wanted.  When we went back in to work to begin preparing for the new intake,  my managers said to me "Sorry about the oversight,  you weren't shy about letting us know though!!! That was quite an email!! "
I looked blankly at them.  "What email? "
They looked at each other,. "The email you sent,  telling us off. "
I blinked at them.  "I never sent an email. "
They looked at each other,  then one opened her inbox to find it.  Couldn't find it.  So the other manager tried to find the email I supposedly sent.  Nothing.  I opened up my mailbox and looked through the sent items and deleted items.  Nothing.
Two managers swear they read an email from me which they can't find.  I have no memory of sending g any such email,  although I certainly thought about it.
Any thoughts on this???

Offline Moodman

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: People think I have said things...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 08:55:19 PM »
 :D

Offline sanika 1

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
  • mind can do any thing
    • View Profile
Re: People think I have said things...
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 02:42:11 PM »
Hi, I am almost in the same situation though here I do say things, it is considered in a twisted way and I find people often misunderstand me. I think especially in an educational work setting we are constantly being judged and for lesser little gain  people compete with each other 

I would suggest you try to visualize that everyone is your friend and your family and colleagues are more cooperative, lets see if it helps

Tags: