Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: I've been in contact with Neville Goddard's student, Lindell!  (Read 5790 times)

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
  • -Given: 924
  • -Receive: 1718
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: I've been in contact with Neville Goddard's student, Lindell!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
Here's a video on what he said about Neville's take on affirmations. It's been creating a bit of a stir in the comments of the video and also on a fb group so far... go figure!

https://youtu.be/zRDhQunN0wU

That's interesting. I must admit I rarely use affirmations and the main reason is, when I say them, something doesn't ring true somehow.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 664
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2019, 10:07:24 PM »
May I suggest that perhaps affirmations are not about generating emotional responses to attract something? Instead, it's about using mental suggestions to break habits and fears by changing the subconscious mind auto response mechanisms. Self hypnosis basically.

Everybody has an inner monologue in their own voice which is the language of the conscious mind when interpreting experiences and emotions. It tells us what to do, when to do it, where to be all day long and it tells us who we are, very convincingly.

Some people are more audible than visual but the strength of affirmations is more so found in its technique.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:27:49 PM by Alexbally »

Offline ManifestWithArmine

• Thank You
  • -Given: 642
  • -Receive: 874
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 01:54:19 AM »
I'd say NOTHING should be done to try to attract something. It's the feeling of freedom from all that fear/doubt you mentioned that is the real goal. The rest is a side effect. It's never effective to manifest anything when you're trying to, right? 👍

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 664
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 02:51:20 AM »
Should you want to change those habits and fears, conscious effort is required for interpretation and guidance for what you allow the subconscious to accept but too much will normally lead to stress. Let's call it, a learning process, and the mind learns best when relaxed.
That would be my take on it for you Armine 🤫😉