Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Using the law of attraction to reverse aging  (Read 1496 times)

Offline ndacloud

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 45
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Using the law of attraction to reverse aging
« on: April 25, 2019, 08:56:11 AM »
As they say, everything is made up of 99.9% empty space.  So everything is an illusion or projection, including our bodies.  Which is how people are able to heal their bodies, grow taller, or change them some other way with the law of attraction.  But why do we focus upon manifesting all these other things and nobody tries to reverse aging?  What would be better than going back to like age 20 and staying there?  We should all be trying to do this.  Nobody wants to get old.  I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to reverse aging if you believed it were possible.  And if all it takes is a change in belief, why couldn't we change this belief with affirmations or whatever?  As Abraham says, "a belief is just a thought you keep thinking".  If you think something enough times it will eventually become a belief. 

It should be easier for someone like us to do this since we believe it's possible to change the body.  Could say this to yourself everyday:  "My body is a projection of my mind and it can be changed.  I now command my body to grow younger every day and to stop when I look 20 years old.  It is so and so it is.  Thank you".  Or just say a simple affirmation all the time like "I'm getting younger every day" and "I look like I'm 20 years old". 

What do you guys think?

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Receive: 644
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
Re: Using the law of attraction to reverse aging
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »
Because the things that need to happen to us still need to happen.

Growing old and death are just the other side of the coin to being born.
It is in death where you, and I, shall awake from the dream.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 11:50:23 AM by Alexbally »

Offline ndacloud

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 03:10:49 AM »
If there are things that need to happen to us, why couldn't they still happen to us in a younger body?

I'll bet there are beings in other worlds and realities that have a lot longer life span than us.  Our life span is a joke.  And they would therefore age much slower than us.  Why shouldn't we be able to do the same? 

In truth we are One with Source.  Part of the dream is the belief in separation.  The dream of separation doesn't end when we die, it continues in another form.  There are different planes and we go to another plane but we will continue to perceive ourselves in bodies separate from each other.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Receive: 644
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 03:37:31 AM »
If there are things that need to happen to us, why couldn't they still happen to us in a younger body?

The time involved for you to learn and experience what you have to is inconsequential. Your awareness changes as you get older. Imagination is the foundation to awareness and it develops your perceptions and assumptions for you. It's just how it works mate.

I'll bet there are beings in other worlds and realities that have a lot longer life span than us.  Our life span is a joke.  And they would therefore age much slower than us.  Why shouldn't we be able to do the same? 

You have no idea if this is actually true or nowhere near being true. Do not be so ignorant to assume something that you know nothing about whilst ignoring any other potentials.

In truth we are One with Source.  Part of the dream is the belief in separation. 

True!

The dream of separation doesn't end when we die, it continues in another form.  There are different planes and we go to another plane but we will continue to perceive ourselves in bodies separate from each other.

Not so true! The realisation of oneness does happen after death for all and even before death for those of us wise enough to see but most come back to do it all over again.

Offline ndacloud

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 06:02:23 AM »
I disagree with some of what you said, but that's okay. 

I came across this video today about staying young forever if anybody is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yllX6xY1484

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 92
  • The meek shall inherit the Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 12:34:17 PM »
A common mistake, VERY common in this forum, is to imagine that it is only one’s own thoughts as an individual that create our personal reality.

We’re overlooking this detail: we are all part of the same larger energy field.

Reality is created through focus or attention - intent. The power of the COLLECTIVE belief, or ‘knowing’ just can’t be ignored ...as you are ignoring it in your aging argument.

So to put it simply, everyone knows/believes that oganisms age then die. Not just us but all living things have this in their ‘intent’. That is a pretty damn powerful collective belief that you’re trying to overcome all on your own :-)

However I don’t deny that a small amount of success could be had on a personal level against aging, if you believed hard enough and did enough exercises etc in that direction.
(Personally I’d rather be content with things as they are and spend my time on other stuff, but that’s a choice)

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
  • -Given: 901
  • -Receive: 1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 06:02:42 PM »
I dont' know about eternal youth or what the limits are, but it has already been proved in an experiment that the mind can bring about some age reversal. In her book "Counterclockwise", Ellen Langer talks about how, in the 1970s, a group of people were taken to live in a place isolated from the rest of the world for several days.During that time, everyone had to pretend they were living in 1959. They were given id cards with photos of how they looked at that time. The place they stayed was redecorated to be as it was in the 1959. The newspapers and magazines they read, the radio and the early tv shows and news they watched were recordings from that era. Any conversations they had (say, politics) were about that era and what was going on during that time, the music they listened to, the clothes they wore, and so on. They lived, talked and thought as if they were back in 1959.

The result? After just a few days,people given before and after photos of the participants said they looked a few years younger. Not only that, but tests showed that they had actual changes in the body. Their bone mass had increased, etc.
https://www.businessinsider.com/ellen-langers-reversing-aging-experiment-2015-4?IR=T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAZRHWl6UdE
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:51:04 PM by Anna1408 »

Offline Normal man

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 09:04:30 PM »
Anna!

I like your name. It is a very common word in Tamil language.

And the link you have provided about the age reversing experiment is very interesting.

While reading your post I thought the persons who involved in this experiment should not have been given mirror also. After reading the link I understood - yes it was.

Yes. Our body always follows our mind.

Our body works as per the program it was given.

This program or karma has been transferred from our parents through our gene.

Also the body works as per the mass psychology.

You may have heard at some places people live longer than other places.
Because there the people believe that they can live more than hundred years.

It is reported that in few places of Kashmir people live up to 150 Years.
Also in Caucasus Mountains of Russia people are living up to 150 and 180 years. A man named as Shirali Muslimov lived upto 168 years has been officially recorded.

Also you may have heard that Bernard shaw at the age of 70, he moved from london and lived in a small village - where the people use to live more than 100 years - and lived up to 94 years.

So our body follows mind! 

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1199
  • -Receive: 1308
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 02:10:33 AM »
I dont' know about eternal youth or what the limits are, but it has already been proved in an experiment that the mind can bring about some age reversal. In her book "Counterclockwise", Ellen Langer talks about how, in the 1970s, a group of people were taken to live in a place isolated from the rest of the world for several days.During that time, everyone had to pretend they were living in 1959. They were given id cards with photos of how they looked at that time. The place they stayed was redecorated to be as it was in the 1959. The newspapers and magazines they read, the radio and the early tv shows and news they watched were recordings from that era. Any conversations they had (say, politics) were about that era and what was going on during that time, the music they listened to, the clothes they wore, and so on. They lived, talked and thought as if they were back in 1959.

The result? After just a few days,people given before and after photos of the participants said they looked a few years younger. Not only that, but tests showed that they had actual changes in the body. Their bone mass had increased, etc.
https://www.businessinsider.com/ellen-langers-reversing-aging-experiment-2015-4?IR=T

This was the subject of a UK TV show featuring elderly celebrities a few years ago too.

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 05:36:28 PM »

This was the subject of a UK TV show featuring elderly celebrities a few years ago too.

Oh yes! I read about that show and I tried to find info about it on the internet, but with no luck! Wasn't Lional Blair one of the participants? It sounds fascinating.

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 05:40:12 PM »
Anna!

I like your name. It is a very common word in Tamil language.

And the link you have provided about the age reversing experiment is very interesting.

While reading your post I thought the persons who involved in this experiment should not have been given mirror also. After reading the link I understood - yes it was.

Yes. Our body always follows our mind.

Our body works as per the program it was given.

This program or karma has been transferred from our parents through our gene.

Also the body works as per the mass psychology.

You may have heard at some places people live longer than other places.
Because there the people believe that they can live more than hundred years.

It is reported that in few places of Kashmir people live up to 150 Years.
Also in Caucasus Mountains of Russia people are living up to 150 and 180 years. A man named as Shirali Muslimov lived upto 168 years has been officially recorded.

Also you may have heard that Bernard shaw at the age of 70, he moved from london and lived in a small village - where the people use to live more than 100 years - and lived up to 94 years.

So our body follows mind! 
Thank you! Lol. :-)
That is amazing! Yes I really do think that the body does follow the mind. And we're all living longer than before anyway, so it would be interesting to know how far we can push past the old limits that we used to accept.

Offline Mustard Seed

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 09:55:22 PM »
Very interesting topic and I believe all things are possible. We bring into our life what we think on. I am turning 60 November 3 and couldn’t be happier it’s all about loving yourself and everything around you.

Offline Nidya

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 05:59:47 AM »
A common mistake, VERY common in this forum, is to imagine that it is only one’s own thoughts as an individual that create our personal reality.

We’re overlooking this detail: we are all part of the same larger energy field.

Reality is created through focus or attention - intent. The power of the COLLECTIVE belief, or ‘knowing’ just can’t be ignored ...as you are ignoring it in your aging argument.

So to put it simply, everyone knows/believes that oganisms age then die. Not just us but all living things have this in their ‘intent’. That is a pretty damn powerful collective belief that you’re trying to overcome all on your own :-)

However I don’t deny that a small amount of success could be had on a personal level against aging, if you believed hard enough and did enough exercises etc in that direction.
(Personally I’d rather be content with things as they are and spend my time on other stuff, but that’s a choice)

http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php?topic=26722.0

Tags: