Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: How to feel good when all of the sudden you feel bad?  (Read 903 times)

Offline john5779

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 12
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
How to feel good when all of the sudden you feel bad?
« on: February 22, 2019, 06:28:04 AM »
Im practicing gratitude,and today I went from feeling bad to feeling good pretty fast. But then I started feeling bad again,but im consistently choosing to feel good no matter what. How can I continue to feel good when all the sudden I feel bad?

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1189
  • -Receive: 1293
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
Re: How to feel good when all of the sudden you feel bad?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
There are grey areas between "good" and "bad". You are probably being too hard on yourself and making too much of what is normal - which is some days you feel better than others. You can't "feel good" all the time and you shouldn't expect to. Some days you just get on with life without thinking how good or bad you feel. I think you are putting to too much pressure on yourself.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
  • -Given: 885
  • -Receive: 1655
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »
I agree with Siamese girl: you can't expect to feel good all the time and I think that you can't just switch from one feeling to the other in the blink of an eye.

You might want to try reading Ask and It is Given by Esther Hicks (especially chapter 18), which explains how you can step up from feeling bad to a slightly better feeling, and once you are feeling a bit better, you can reach for an even better feeling. That does help me a lot when I'm down and it feels more realistic than making a big jump from "feeling bad" to being "happy".

http://files.meetup.com/1550136/Abraham-Hicks%20-%20Ask_and_It_is_Given-.pdf
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:45:53 PM by Anna1408 »

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 806
  • -Receive: 6725
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/ALLISMIND/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 06:42:06 PM »
Im practicing gratitude,and today I went from feeling bad to feeling good pretty fast. But then I started feeling bad again,but im consistently choosing to feel good no matter what. How can I continue to feel good when all the sudden I feel bad?

You need to observe your thoughts to see what beliefs make you feel bad. Those indicates what beliefs you have to replace.

Offline Tulio

• Conquistador
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Onward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 07:00:20 PM »
Put on some good music too, that'll help lift your spirits. YouTube's got tons to choose from, and these days I prefer synthwave. Whatever works for you, go for it!

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
  • -Given: 885
  • -Receive: 1655
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 09:28:03 PM »
Put on some good music too, that'll help lift your spirits. YouTube's got tons to choose from, and these days I prefer synthwave. Whatever works for you, go for it!

So very true.  Uplifting music can improve my mood very quickly.

Offline Mikehouse7

• Thank You
  • -Given: 123
  • -Receive: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 10:08:12 PM »
Except what you’re feeling is your own doing. Thank it for coming into your life for making it aware and then let it go. And go for a more neutral state then happy.

https://youtu.be/OL972JihAmg

Check out dr hew Len and his techniques

Offline Stone

• Dark-Huntress
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 300
  • -Receive: 189
  • I have no time to battle egos & small minds 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 10:15:09 PM »

Observe your thoughts instead of trying to feel good when you're feeling bad. Why you started feeling bad out of the blue...watch out your thoughts & feelings as well. If you're having negative mental conversation in your head, then outer efforts to feel good is pointless.

Offline Normal man

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 08:29:17 PM »

John5779!,

You are asking how to feel good. The answer is in your question itself.
When you start to feel, you will feel good.
Yes. You have to move from thinking to feeling.
Just stop the chattering of your mind.
Start to feel. Immediately you will feel the silence, and you will enter into 'feeling good'!

Offline ThomasHunt

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 09:09:18 AM »

John5779!,

You are asking how to feel good. The answer is in your question itself.
When you start to feel, you will feel good.

That is an insane answer.

Yes. You have to move from thinking to feeling.
Just stop the chattering of your mind.
Start to feel. Immediately you will feel the silence, and you will enter into 'feeling good'!

John is writing because he feels bad, not because he thinks bad. While thinking can prompt feeling, it does not create feeling. I think thousands of things which don't make me feel anything. I feel something about something that matters to me emotionally.

And stopping your thoughts doesn't change anything. Stopping your thoughts doesn't stop your feelings. You will just feel bad wordlessly.

I dig the advice given by others that make more sense and work quickly like listening to cool music. Compare that to doing something that can only be consistently done by seasoned meditators - stopping the mind. But writing about it makes you sound so cool and sophisticated even when you give wrong and impractical advice.

Offline Normal man

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 09:24:45 PM »
Thomashunt!

You are asking how stopping the thoughts will make any change.
The first thing need to be understood is about our brain and heart.
All your thoughts belong to your brain. If you use more your brain you will be more intellectual. For living, sure we need to use the brain. Because the brain does the logical thinking.
All your feelings are oriented with your heart.
But we completely forget using our feelings.
Our thoughts are running in our brain continuously. We are more calculative. It has become a habit.
A child uses more of it's heart rather than it's brain. That's why if you look at the eyes of a child, it's more fresh..having more vitality..beauty.. But while the child is growing, the society feed lot of things into it's brain. The child slowly loosing it's freshness.
I am telling you to try one thing for few days.
Whenever there is time, try to FEEL rather than thinking.
Just for few days. When you see a nature or a bird, don't interpret it with your mind. Don't judge it. Just FEEL it.
It will be difficult in the beginning, because we have conditioned our brain for a long time by thinking always.
But it is possible. Just try for few days.
When you sit alone, try to feel instead of thinking.
And you will feel a deep relaxation that you have never experienced before. You will be so much happy. That is the magic of feeling.

Offline ThomasHunt

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 09:03:33 AM »
Normal Man !

This is a far better answer. It enables us to analyse what you a recommending properly. When you do that, it is easy to dismantle if it is false or flawed. Which is why you don't do it (lets see the response in the other thread).

Responding to this here in particular, yes in general you may feel better, but when you're in a bad situation that doesn't look like its changing, it doesn't work because you'll basically have to ignore it for this to work which of course does not work.

And meditation takes a long time and a lot of practice to work consistently anyway. Not a practical idea.

Tags: