Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Is the law of attraction kind of selfish?  (Read 302 times)

Offline EmilyFoxSeaton

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Is the law of attraction kind of selfish?
« on: August 27, 2019, 03:55:56 PM »
One thing that stops me from using this is my belief that the LOA works best with people who are happy and willing to put themselves first. I am not such a person. When I consider myself manifesting anything I can't help but think about how it could effect another person and feel bad about it.

If I want to be in charge of my workplace what about all those other people who worked hard to do such a thing and won't get it.

When I listen to books on the subject I am kind of struck by the "you you you" of it all.

Anyone else?

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Receive: 650
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
Re: Is the law of attraction kind of selfish?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 05:48:21 PM »
Nobody does anything in this world without there being a selfish side to doing it.
Even if you're helping 30 people, you're doing it for the satisfaction that you get from helping others....thisin itself is selfish in nature.

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 93
  • The meek shall inherit the Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 11:44:48 PM »
Sheís right though, thereís something very wrong with the mentality behind it, and behind how we do most things, thatís making us all unhappy.

Read this book for a detailed analysis:
https://www.amazon.com/No-Contest-Case-Against-Competition/dp/0395631254/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+case+against+competition&qid=1566929611&s=gateway&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 12:24:41 AM by possum-power »

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 11:51:01 PM »
Itís true we love making others feel GOOD and helping one another, itís our favourite thing goddammit. But you donít do that by controlling people, deciding whatís Ďbestí for them, or by winning against them.

Itís nothing short of miraculous that any sort of friendship, beauty and kindness still exist at all in such a (tragically mistaken) culture, where we compete*. I think this is real testimony to human nature itself.

Itís fear that drives our competitive system where we are willing to hurt and use one another in order to Ďgainí ourselves... overlooking the fact we are all connected so you may as well take a knife to your own self.

Sheís right, kindness is everything. And sheís strong too, for standing up for that, in a world full of unhappy selfish people who arenít brave enough to face themselves ...or the truth.

Justifications? Címon, weíre adults. We should at least face up to what weíre doing when we use or hurt someone for our own gain or gratification. Itís frankly despicable and we should be intelligent enough to call it such.

*definition of which, your gain is my loss and vice versa.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 01:20:07 AM by possum-power »

Offline EmilyFoxSeaton

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 04:16:12 AM »
Sheís right, kindness is everything. And sheís strong too, for standing up for that, in a world full of unhappy selfish people who arenít brave enough to face themselves ...or the truth.

Thank you but I have heard it said that LOA isn't selfish because it comes from a place where there is enough for everyone. If say those people in the workplace wanted the head manager position all they need to do is ask and they might not get that position but they would get would get what they wanted even if it had a different title. In other words the universe will provide. Something like that bible story about Jesus and the fishes.  But I just can't get into this rabid passionate asking the universe for what I want mindset because it does strike me as everything I dis like in this world.. people who are me me me me me. The LOA has no humility. You have to passionately want things in such a rabid fashion to get them. You can't just say something like Oliver Twist like "please universe" could have some more... if no one else is using it .. please?

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 05:11:53 AM »
Your confusion is due to the fact that LOA is not intrinsically wrong but rather the culture in which we are operating.

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 05:15:58 AM »
Oh and yes you can, like Oliver Twist, humbly ask from the heart that which youíre in need of. Itís beautiful.

The problem (as I said) is the imposition of so-called Western values on the principle of LOA.

Itís a paradox, as LOA (aka, connection with universe and one another and how we can influence it all) works exactly because we are connected, because we are one, and my good is your good too.

Is it so very difficult to comprehend?

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 10:53:57 AM »
That was unexpected......
Perception is the quirky old thing that makes people see what they see, even when it's not there.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 11:11:41 AM »
Sheís right though, thereís something very wrong with the mentality behind it, and behind how we do most things, thatís making us all unhappy.

It's called "Self Help" for a reason.

Tags: