Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: We are having our first meet up after 5 months!!!  (Read 619 times)

Offline maggiep

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 9
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
We are having our first meet up after 5 months!!!
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:13:17 PM »
i texted my ex last week like i told him i would. last time i saw him face-to-face was july 2018 i think, before i changed jobs. no contact at all, not a peep.

i thought "oh what the hell", like ripping off a band-aid cause lets be honest we both have better things to do than play pride games based on fear. i put the phone away and went back to work like no biggie. when he replied, he seemed so sweet? and considerate? he even tried to move around his schedule to meet up sooner! it felt like last time we talked was the day before. i just got a warm sweet feeling from the message, like when we first started dating. he even thanked me for messaging him, as if he didnt expect to hear from me.
anyway we are meeting this weekend, im thinking of something light as to not have the pressure of "a date".

i have also been getting tiny signs the past week. i will be listening to the radio and catch lyrics like "i am back with my man", or something along those lines. i logged on Netflix last night and the first movie that popped up was Back With The Ex or something like that. i had a dream we were sitting on my couch just laughing and cuddling. stuff like that i am not trying to pay too much attention to it.

i have been meditating and journaling and i reached the point where i just want to leave that meeting happy and relieved, regardless of what happens. even if the meeting goes sour, i know i will be okay. i also have the tendency to fall out of love in a matter of seconds especially when i see fuckboi traits, so i fully trust myself. i have not felt so sure about myself in a while :) i was surprised the weekend rolled by without me fretting about it.

so my dudes, especially you guys that got your boo thang back, how did you "deal" with the first meeting? i feel 'guided' (lol) to just be chill and fun and avoid heavy discussions. i have been pretty relaxed and peaceful this past month, i honestly dont need drama. we can have the What Are We? convo later on down the line if we decide to date again lmao.

Offline Lolozapata

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 136
    • View Profile
Re: We are having our first meet up after 5 months!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 01:29:10 AM »
This is awesome!
Yes, your mindset is perfect.
Focus on having fin and keeping a light, playful vibe.

Dont overthink much.
Sounds to me you are both having  great time

Offline samson2896

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »
My emotional guidance system is telling me that you should focus on having fin too. :)

Offline maggiep

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »
aaaww thanks you guys!!!

God/Universe is conspiring for my highest good, so whatever happens I win haha!

Offline samson2896

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »
The thing is, if you knew that you would only have fun and not ever get him, at this meeting, would you still go ? If you wouldn't then that is still expectation and attachment you are carrying.

Offline maggiep

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 08:12:22 PM »
good question!

tbh i am not expecting him to ask me to date again. i am not even expecting an apology or anything like that. he is a pretty unpredictable guy (in a fun way lol) so i have mentally prepared for all outcomes. expect the best, prepare for the worst. i also have ran out of tears for him, so if it's a fluke i truly think i will be SO turned off i wont care.

i am just happy we will get to laugh like idiots and have the other people around us stare at us like we're crazy. he said in his texts that he missed that too, so im guessing we are both going in with the mentality of having fun for now  ;D

Offline samson2896

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 08:41:32 PM »
Then have a good time.

Offline Sarenia

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 09:08:56 PM »
i texted my ex last week like i told him i would. last time i saw him face-to-face was july 2018 i think, before i changed jobs. no contact at all, not a peep.

i thought "oh what the hell", like ripping off a band-aid cause lets be honest we both have better things to do than play pride games based on fear. i put the phone away and went back to work like no biggie. when he replied, he seemed so sweet? and considerate? he even tried to move around his schedule to meet up sooner! it felt like last time we talked was the day before. i just got a warm sweet feeling from the message, like when we first started dating. he even thanked me for messaging him, as if he didnt expect to hear from me.
anyway we are meeting this weekend, im thinking of something light as to not have the pressure of "a date".

i have also been getting tiny signs the past week. i will be listening to the radio and catch lyrics like "i am back with my man", or something along those lines. i logged on Netflix last night and the first movie that popped up was Back With The Ex or something like that. i had a dream we were sitting on my couch just laughing and cuddling. stuff like that i am not trying to pay too much attention to it.

i have been meditating and journaling and i reached the point where i just want to leave that meeting happy and relieved, regardless of what happens. even if the meeting goes sour, i know i will be okay. i also have the tendency to fall out of love in a matter of seconds especially when i see fuckboi traits, so i fully trust myself. i have not felt so sure about myself in a while :) i was surprised the weekend rolled by without me fretting about it.

so my dudes, especially you guys that got your boo thang back, how did you "deal" with the first meeting? i feel 'guided' (lol) to just be chill and fun and avoid heavy discussions. i have been pretty relaxed and peaceful this past month, i honestly dont need drama. we can have the What Are We? convo later on down the line if we decide to date again lmao.

OMG I'm so happy for you! Just expect the best and don't worry abotut anything!

Offline DianneM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 01:09:19 PM »
so happy for you! that's great!! :D

try reading this, it can inspire you even more!

https://tinyurl.com/ybekrkhe

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Tags: