Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Is letting go supposed to feel bad?  (Read 991 times)

Offline krsa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Is letting go supposed to feel bad?
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:11:23 PM »
I think today I'm finally getting close to letting go. However, I feel really anxious and it hurts. Almost like a breakup in a way. I've been doing some self-work as well, so perhaps that could be why the anxiety is present, but as far as the letting go part, I'm unsure. It feels like the attachment is waning away, but the pain is amplifying. I don't feel at ease and like "it is coming so I don't feel stress over it" as I should. What do you guys reccommend I do? I'm not sure if I'm on the right path with this.

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 806
  • -Receive: 6726
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/ALLISMIND/
    • View Profile
Re: Is letting go supposed to feel bad?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 10:22:24 PM »
I think today I'm finally getting close to letting go. However, I feel really anxious and it hurts. Almost like a breakup in a way. I've been doing some self-work as well, so perhaps that could be why the anxiety is present, but as far as the letting go part, I'm unsure. It feels like the attachment is waning away, but the pain is amplifying. I don't feel at ease and like "it is coming so I don't feel stress over it" as I should. What do you guys reccommend I do? I'm not sure if I'm on the right path with this.

If you feel bad you haven't let go. When you let go. But yeah the decision of "letting go" may feel bad because in your mind you think "I give up". The fact is that letting go of the negative situation is all you can do. Only then you can begin to focus on you and everything you have that is positive.

Offline maggiep

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:01:27 PM »
i agree with superman, maybe most of the bad feeling comes from giving up.

in my experience, letting go sometimes feels hurtful at the beginning but when i actually reach the point of neutrality towards my desire, it feels like i am free and i have one less thing to worry about. that feeling comes hand in hand with being content with where you are NOW, and you dont care much about the future. then everything falls into place.

Offline krsa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 11:07:27 PM »
This is some really good advice. I appreciate the input, and I think my thought process is more clear on the subject now that I have some clarity. :)

Offline BlackCat

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 08:50:08 AM »
Letting go means getting rid of the desire, expectations, etc and living as you have your desire in this reality not giving up. For this you felt negative, you associated let go with that.

Offline Lolozapata

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 136
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 10:35:51 AM »
Hmmm..

you know negative thoughts with the a added emotions are an addiction. You become addicted to what makes you feel bad, you even protect the patterns that justify you being a victim.

That said, letting go of a desires that already feel negative is much Like overcoming an addiction.

So, as you let go, do chose to become someone better and follow that desition with a mental disciplina

Whenever you feel bettwr, you can come back to what you originally desired. Sometimes is best to just rest.

Offline samson2896

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 11:11:13 AM »
Letting go means getting rid of the desire, expectations, etc and living as you have your desire in this reality not giving up. For this you felt negative, you associated let go with that.

More misinformation put our by the rat, who has been proven to be uneducated in English.

Letting go means giving up and quitting period on the whole thing period, or saying something like " whatever if it happens it happens, whatever that is best" which is the same as quitting because you are willing to accept failure i.e not getting what you desire. That's the normal english definition of the words 'letting go' and since the phrase was borrowed from normal usage the definition must be maintained.

Having faith is having faith that what you desire will be delivered to you physically.  That makes sense, requires no contortion of the English language to understand.

Letting go of worry, is letting go of your worry, fear and doubt over no getting what you desire. That makes sense, requires no serious contortion of the English language to understand.

Letting god, is having trust that god will deliver the desire to you. Because god can and will because god promised in the bible and other places. And basically, through our knowledge of the loa, we know that the universe can deliver anything because of infinite parallel universes so long as we don't worry so when you let god it will work. That makes sense, requires no serious contortion of the English language to understand.

So letting go and letting god, which is where the phrase " let go" presumably was truncated from in LOA circles, actually logically means " Let god of your worries and doubts and trust god to deliver your desire to you" . That makes sense, requires no serious contortion of the English language to understand.

Because the phrase "let go" is so commonly used in normal non-loa society, we subconsciously are using the social definition of the phrase = give up/quit/ move away permanently. Even if we use "let go" in loa circles, subconsciously our subconscious mind is tapping the normal social meaning.

This is not what we want.

What we want is this :

This, is letting go and letting god.

Sequential Logical Thinking, as MC Brighton often said. It actually works pretty well even for a 21 year old. I guess that's because this thing is not that complicated. Also helps that I'm an english language major in my final honours year.

Best,
Samson

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Desideratum

• Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 886
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 11:41:53 AM »

It feels bad because you are divorcing yourself of something you are attached to. That's bound to create conflicts and the ill effects of separation. What you want to do is let go of what you DO NOT want, not what you want. I don't know about your situation, but whatever circumstances are present that you wish were different, stop wishing they were different and just stop thinking about them ... as IF they are already different. Like, you've nothing to worry about.

Of course, observed reality is there staring you in the face, reminding you that its .. real. Your thoughts are gonna hound you, like someone mentioned below, they are like an addiction. You have to shake them, let them go as well. Let them come, then go.

You're not supposed to let go of your actual desire as though you don't desire it. Nobody can do that!

Offline BlackCat

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 09:53:52 AM »

More misinformation put our by the rat, who has been proven to be uneducated in English.

Letting go means giving up and quitting period on the whole thing period, or saying something like " whatever if it happens it happens, whatever that is best" which is the same as quitting because you are willing to accept failure i.e not getting what you desire. That's the normal english definition of the words 'letting go' and since the phrase was borrowed from normal usage the definition must be maintained.

Having faith is having faith that what you desire will be delivered to you physically.  That makes sense, requires no contortion of the English language to understand.

Letting go of worry, is letting go of your worry, fear and doubt over no getting what you desire. That makes sense, requires no serious contortion of the English language to understand.

Letting god, is having trust that god will deliver the desire to you. Because god can and will because god promised in the bible and other places. And basically, through our knowledge of the loa, we know that the universe can deliver anything because of infinite parallel universes so long as we don't worry so when you let god it will work. That makes sense, requires no serious contortion of the English language to understand.

So letting go and letting god, which is where the phrase " let go" presumably was truncated from in LOA circles, actually logically means " Let god of your worries and doubts and trust god to deliver your desire to you" . That makes sense, requires no serious contortion of the English language to understand.

Because the phrase "let go" is so commonly used in normal non-loa society, we subconsciously are using the social definition of the phrase = give up/quit/ move away permanently. Even if we use "let go" in loa circles, subconsciously our subconscious mind is tapping the normal social meaning.

This is not what we want.

What we want is this :

This, is letting go and letting god.

Sequential Logical Thinking, as MC Brighton often said. It actually works pretty well even for a 21 year old. I guess that's because this thing is not that complicated. Also helps that I'm an english language major in my final honours year.

Best,
Samson

[/quote]
I'm not a native english speaker and i can make mistakes! What you said by the way is what i meant in my previous post. I'm not sure why most use let go instead of having faith. Why i should accept all of this if i desire something? I don't add the affirmation "something/someone better" or something related about i don't care if the desire manifest or not, i don't care about my previous reality when the desire is not present instead. I won't settle for less or give up.

Offline halouniverse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 12:39:25 PM »
No No NO don't you ever give up!!! You come to the right place....it is your desire ...if it is worth anything to you, than you stand up and get it...I don't believe in letting go ...feels like you're quitting on your desire...don't you quit ....you want it!!! you fight for it!!! how bad do you want it?,,,Tell me what you want...how do you want to achieve this...if your using LOA....sure... just make it more power full ... I know LOA tells you to Let go  there is a way to go around the LOA.. ....Tell us what you are doing to achieve your desire ...from there we can give you suggestions ...but don't you ever give up...it is your desire ... fight for it!! if you really want it...and you will get it..But tell us what you want to happen and where you stand...lots of people here are very very good..

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Tags: