Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: The New Law of Attraction! Or Is It?  (Read 342 times)

Offline RobD0123

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
The New Law of Attraction! Or Is It?
« on: January 12, 2019, 03:03:38 AM »
Prior to reading this, I would like to inform you that my aim is not to offend or disrespect anyone. You may feel that the way I write is a little "Matter if fact", but I assure you that I am not trying to offend, disrespect, discredit, or dishonor any one person or group of persons, who are deceased, living, or who are in the larval or pre-life stages.

That being said.... Let's get to it.

Did you know that The Law of Attraction has always been and always will be? Whether you or anybody knows it or not, it has always been and always will be working in your life. It has no conscious, no soul, no physical form, and no understanding of right and wrong, or good and evil. The Law of Attraction does not judge or discriminate. Hitler used it and so did Gandhi. Charles Manson used it and so did Mother Theresa.

All these horrible people are using it, and all these great people are using it, and mediocre people such as myself are always using it, whether we know it or not. To me this would imply that The Law of Attraction just "IS". If it just "IS" that would mean that it is a "Constant". As it works in every life and situation, I feel like we can all agree that it is a "Constant".

Being a "Constant" would mean that it will always stay the same. Never changing through the end of time. I don't know about you, but I think it is pretty amazing to have knowledge of and the ability to use such a perfect and unchanging power.

But....

If it is the all powerful and ever constant law that I believe it to be then why do so many people claim to have new ways to use it, or "The only" way to use it. My way is different than his and her way is said to be different than my way.

Lets take visualization as an example. There is morning visualization, nightly visualization, vision boards, vision meditation, there are so many visualization techniques, all with bigger and bigger claims, its hard to keep track.

Take attraction as another example. Attract him/her, attract the perfect weight, attract money, attract power, attract your dream job, and the list goes on and on.

I guess what I am saying is that if The Law of Attraction is a never changing constant.  How can there be a new way of using it every month or so? If in fact it is a constant.

Shouldn't we just provide those 3 unfailing steps, ask, believe, receive and explain that visualization can be done when ever and however you want? We would provide a chapter for each area and some tips and tricks, and stress the importance of feelings and emotions and Presto! We have a time tested and proven product that can be traced back to the beginning of time. It's a no brainier.

I know what you're are thinking, "It's not that simple."  But, I'll come back with something like, "Anything that can be successfully used without you knowing it even exists, is simple." 

You will say something like, "Not everyone is the same, one method that works for you may not work for someone else."
I would say, "I agree" But, then I would say, "All I am asking is that you do not treat people like they are stupid by putting the same old thing in a box, giving it a new name and talking as if it has never been seen before."

Though I am not a sales man,I have been sold many times. My favorite one is, "A strange man walked in the room. It was as if he commanded the attention of everyone, without saying anything. People were drawn to him. He had this look that seemed to say, 'I know something that you don't know.' The women were in awe of him and the men envied him. Out of all the people in the room, he sat next to me. What he said to me changed my life. And it can change yours for three easy payments of $47.00"..... What! you got it let me break out my credit card right now so I can have this secret that has never been shared until now.

Have I been duped, scammed, and hornswoggled? Yes I have. But, I have also met and learned from genuinely kind and supportive people. Did I pay for their kindness and support? Yes I did, but I came out of those situations felling like my life was truly better for it. I know the difference between feeling duped and being truly helped. I have been in both situations.

As sales people it is your job to dress it up all pretty and convince me it is something that I have never seen. But, trust me, I've seen it all, and so have most people who are in search of true dream fulfillment.

If an angel pulled up in a Ford Pinto offering true kindness and support, and the devil pulled up in a shiny new Bentley offering flash, pizazz, and flare, and my wildest dreams, you can't bet I'd be in the Pinto.

Have a wonderfully blessed day.   

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 159
    • View Profile
Re: The New Law of Attraction! Or Is It?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 03:15:28 AM »
Ask,  believe,  receive.

How do you believe something you don't believe ?

Offline RobD0123

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 03:30:07 AM »
Well, you don't or can't believe something that you don't believe. I never said that I do not believe in The Law of Attraction. I just don't believe that people should claim that theirs is the only way or the newest way, when The Law of Attraction is a constant. The same things need to be done, believed or felt, no matter how you rewrite it, rephrase it and repackage it.

Don't get me wrong, I am impressed at the genius behind some of these marketing strategies, but it is still the same Law of Attraction it was 3000+ years ago.

That being said, the basic act of helping others believe, and leading them to the point where they can successfully use The Law of Attraction to change their lives for the better is what I think should be packaged up and sold. The coaching and supportive side is more important to me that the new names and twists.

I am not bad mouthing anyone with the talent to repackage and rename an already perfect law. In fact if I am honest I would say that I envy them a bit for their genius.

Have a wonderful day

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 03:47:58 AM »
Ask,  believe,  receive.

Let's say I want a new car,  fully paid for,  by next Thursday.

How do I believe that this will happen? When I dont believe it now?  How do I develop that belief?

If you say that you believe this because you already believe in the LOA,  then, how do I deeply believe in the loa in the first place? How do I develop deep belief in the loa?

Offline RobD0123

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 07:05:39 PM »
As I said, we would provide an explanation on visualization. Visualization is probably the strongest technique for strengthening your emotions and feelings, which in turn strengthens your belief in your getting what you want. I also said we would put a chapter on tips and tricks, which would include the steps needed to strengthen your beliefs and align yourself and your  frequencies with what you want. For example, it has been said that, along with visualization you can go test drive cars to help you feel what it is like driving your dream care, which will strengthen your emotions, which in turn will strengthen your beliefs.

As I said, The Law of Attraction is a never changing constant. So, teaching the basics with techniques and tips and tricks would be all that would be needed. Then the implementation process and coaching take place.

I will give you a "basic" example of what I am trying to say. On my bookshelf and in my hard drive I have many, many, books on The Law of Attraction. Written by many different people.  Each with a different title and some are long and some are just a few pages. If I were to tear them down to their core elements, They would all be the same book.

For example: Among my many books is the full set of Rhonda Byrne's books. The first being The Secret. If I were to take The Secret and The Power, and tear them down to their core elements, they would be the same book. Different words and different title and different quotes placed strategically throughout the book, but the same core elements exist.

Once again, I am not condemning or trying to disrespect the authors talent in re-wording a book and giving it a new title, It is a bit genius. I am also not saying we should not buy or get free as many books as we can. What I am saying is can't we call a spade a spade and a diamond a diamond, and acknowledge the fact that no matter how you word it or what you call it, it is the same core elements. It is those core element that I belief should be focused on and coached if a person wants to make any real progress.

I won't lie. I feel like you scan through my writing and cherry pick things to criticize. You seem to find stuff that you think goes against your basic beliefs and talking points and you take it out of context or just do not read everything. I am happy to provide proof of this belief if you'd like.

I hope your day is wonderful.

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 08:28:00 PM »

As I said, we would provide an explanation on visualization. Visualization is probably the strongest technique for strengthening your emotions and feelings, which in turn strengthens your belief in your getting what you want. I also said we would put a chapter on tips and tricks, which would include the steps needed to strengthen your beliefs and align yourself and your  frequencies with what you want

I'm sorry, whats all this about chapters? When I asked, you said you are not writing an loa book. You said you're writing a children's book.

I won't lie. I feel like you scan through my writing and cherry pick things to criticize. You seem to find stuff that you think goes against your basic beliefs and talking points and you take it out of context or just do not read everything. I am happy to provide proof of this belief if you'd like.

FTR, all of the above is denied. I do not need to put you to strict proof. People can see and judge for themselves and if they come to the wrong judgment it doesn't matter.

If you have not yet noticed, I've changed my attitude to you after you mentioned that you are a soldier and come from a family of soldiers. We trained our units to be observant and mentally disciplined. We trained them to stop being īn their heads" all the time - it compromised direct observations and correct real time analysis, and caused discipline to atrophy. A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood, as Patton used to say.

I trust things were no different in your regiment as well.

Anyway, we have more important things to do here. Please respond to my other post in the good things thread.