Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: You Don't Know, What You Don't Know  (Read 471 times)

Offline RobD0123

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
You Don't Know, What You Don't Know
« on: January 12, 2019, 12:01:31 AM »
As I write this, I would like the reader to understand that I mean no disrespect to any current, former, or aspiring gurus and spiritual leaders. I would also ask that you respect my words as you would expect me to respect yours.

That being said...Let's get on with it.

The idea that "You don't know, what you don't know" is very interesting to me. Upon first glance, I thought to myself, "Wow! How insightful. There are things that I don't know." I hope you get that as sarcasm there. "Who ever wrote this is a genius", I sarcastically thought. "I don't know calculus, physics, or biology. I don't know the mind of a serial killer, or why a black widow eats her mate after copulation." "Got anymore brain busters?"

But.... 

One day it hit me, I can't say like a ton of bricks because that is one more thing that I don't know,as I have never been hit with a ton of bricks. But, it hit me none the less.

Not only are there things out there that I don't know, there are things out there that I don't know, I don't know.

The Law of Attraction for example. Before I came to understand it as I do now, I never knew it existed. I thought that some  people just got it, what ever "It" is, and some people don't. It was a fact of life for me, there were winners and losers and some people were destined to be losers, no matter what.

And then there it was, that bright light in the darkness, guiding me, a wise man, to my savior. I finally knew that, "I didn't know what I didn't know."

I did not know that this law, what ever it was, even existed. So it would be safe for me to say that I did not know it because I did not know of it. Not only that, but I did not know that I did know of it.

If I tell you that there are three doors and I have placed a bag with a million dollars behind one of them. You know that there are three doors and there is a million dollars behind one of them. But, if there is a fourth door with ten million dollars behind it but I don't tell you about it, then you won't know it exists. Not only that, you won't know that you don't know that it exists.

It is amazing to me that we stumble through life so blind to the fact that there are things that we don't know. For example one of you could be my next door neighbor, I could be yours. But we don't know, the things out there, that we don't know.

Though I have the wonderful way of creating mass amounts of complication with things that really aren't that complicated, I would like to think that maybe you get what I am saying.

Knowing that I don't know, what I don't know, inspires me to search and learn more and more. It provides me with the hope that there is more out there than just the possibility of kindness, love, and peace. There are things out there that just may be a solid guarantee that you and I will find, for sure, the objects of our desires and wildest dreams.

(Some would have you believe that the Law of attraction is a guarantee, and I am inclined to put stock in that belief. But, The Law of Attraction, makes all of your dreams and goals "Possible". The only guarantee that The Law of Attraction provides, is a guaranteed "outcome", But that outcome depends entirely on your thoughts and emotions. Anyone who has ever been plagued with a bout of negativity knows that all the good thoughts and forced emotions won't provide you with what you want. The guarantee that I am talking about is an infallible guarantee. For example: If I am submerged under water for two months without oxygen, it is a guarantee that I will be dead when you pull me out of your tank of water.  ;D.)

You can't tell me that it is not possible to find that guarantee, because nothing is guaranteed in life. But who knows you could be wrong. After all.... You don't know,what you don't know.

I hope you all have a wonderful day

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 162
    • View Profile
Re: You Don't Know, What You Don't Know
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 07:20:22 AM »
Though I have the wonderful way of creating mass amounts of complication with things that really aren't that complicated, I would like to think that maybe you get what I am saying.

You certainly have that talent, and precisely because of it, people are not going to understand what you say.

No author wants that. Is that what you want ?

You need to learn to speak cogently. That doesn't mean you make short posts. It means you make precise statements...and if 35 precise statements are needed to properly describe a particular concept, that's what it takes, so being succinct is not possible. But no one gets confused by precise statements, and everyone understands what you're saying once they read every one of them.

Be like an engineer, especially if you're talking about something important. It will seem awkward at first. But as you practice it, you will blend your own unique style with it and it will become relateable and interesting.

This can even be done with your children's book, but you will need to think much harder to be precise and yet captivating to kids. They are much cooler than adults. If you think hard you will notice the ways to express thoughts in such a way.

If you have a small child in your life you can regularly play with, spend at least 30 minutes a day with the kid and this blend will occur to your more naturally.

You can't tell me that it is not possible to find that guarantee, because nothing is guaranteed in life.

That nothing is guaranteed in life....i.e. that nothing is set in stone....is the VERY REASON you learn and master the conscious deliberate use of the loa.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:46:47 AM by Brighton »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline RobD0123

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 07:11:33 PM »
I am grateful for your advice.

Apparently you are complementing my talent on writing not only garbage, but wordy garbage.

I hope your day is wonderful.

You're right, short is better. Who would have known?

Wait! You knew.

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 08:16:20 PM »
I am grateful for your advice.

Apparently you are complementing my talent on writing not only garbage, but wordy garbage.

I merely agreed with your assessment of yourself. Read my post again.

You're right, short is better. Who would have known?

That is not what I said. Cogent does not mean short. It takes genuine understanding, and not just a good vocabulary, to express things cogently and succinctly.

And in fact, I justified writing long posts. Again, read my reply again. Actually read it don't just imagine what I might be saying.

Tags:

* Disclaimer

All information on the forum are members personal tips, suggestions, advise and experiences, forum administrator or Moderators can not be held liable for any damage/misuse arising from the information/education shared the forum. You take your own necessary responsibility for your own actions.

Note: The Profile Deletion with posts more than 10 can not be done. It will not only Derank the forum on Search Engine (As those indexed posts will show 404 Error as - Page not Found) Moreover it will delete the associated posts of other users as well who replied on that Profile posts. It effects the whole Structure of the Forum.

* Only for Sensible Talk!

Refresh History
  • Just For Saying HI...
  • Erana: I think the person was just finding random reasons to be angry and rant, since nothing they said made any sense. First they make a post seemingly offended at what others think of Jesus, but upon trying to have a conversation about it they claimed they didn’t care about Jesus. That’s when I gave up. Anyway, I am going to pretend this ‘episode’ never happened, lest we attract them back  ;)
    July 15, 2019, 03:24:57 PM
  • Mr Brightside: Blame is pointless, since you have the control.. getting angry at other people is completely illogical since it has nothing to do with them
    July 15, 2019, 06:45:23 AM
  • siamesegirl: There's no wonder threads get deleted if people go around ranting and calling others retards. I wonder if they go around doing this in real life? For what it's worth I'm not a fan of Abraham Hicks as channelling is difficult for me to believe in. I do agree some of their stuff has value for example the emotional guidance scale. But blamed some law of attraction teacher for what someone chose to do themselves is passing the buck. Over the last few months I've seen several posters disappear because they can't follow basic forum guidelines.
    July 13, 2019, 02:49:47 PM
  • Erana: :D Thank you Colonel
    July 12, 2019, 01:27:07 AM
  • Colonel Roosevelt: I'm sorry that thread got deleted too 'cause I really liked Erana's post, she's cool
    July 11, 2019, 10:37:09 PM
  • asdihwey2893y: is my fault for not ignoring retards and let them trigger me
    July 11, 2019, 08:43:36 PM
  • asdihwey2893y: because of erana's bs in my thread about exposing how retarded esther and abraham are, erana trigered me, and because i got trigered i got banned and my threads got delete, should had never answered a retard
    July 11, 2019, 08:41:50 PM
  • SharrySteve1: Hi Erana, thanks for welcoming me :)
    July 06, 2019, 04:30:05 PM
  • Erana: Sharing an empowering quote I saw from an Abe video with the forum. "If you want it to be, it's meant to be!". Everyone have a great day!  :)
    July 06, 2019, 02:08:43 PM
  • Erana: Hi Sharry  :)
    July 06, 2019, 02:00:49 PM
  • SharrySteve1: Great forum
    July 06, 2019, 05:02:46 AM
  • siamesegirl: You're welcome!
    June 30, 2019, 06:09:33 PM
  • Erana: Thanks, siamesegirl :) Atleast our forum's never boring, huh?
    June 30, 2019, 03:14:39 AM
  • Colonel Roosevelt: I ate a cookies'n'cream donut from dunkin donuts, it was delicious
    June 29, 2019, 01:36:40 AM
  • Colonel Roosevelt: i love tomatoes! I eat them almost everyday
    June 29, 2019, 01:34:55 AM
  • scarlt7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5cUOzwkyQ4 3:50, abraham and esther calling Jesus 'just a regular guy'
    June 23, 2019, 12:20:36 PM
  • scarlt7: more like abraham teachings
    June 13, 2019, 01:36:18 AM
  • scarlt7: esther hicks teachings made me meet a very sociopathic person for years and to think on their best and that person ruined me
    June 13, 2019, 01:36:07 AM
  • scarlt7: ok sorry
    June 13, 2019, 01:26:25 AM
  • ImaginationisKing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CaiWxKYBo
    June 03, 2019, 12:39:12 PM
  • Stone: Go to the link in my profile if you'd like to learn. Only for active & positive people.
    May 28, 2019, 07:46:40 AM
  • ImaginationisKing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOvaM4dfl48
    May 27, 2019, 12:57:33 PM
  • Ankur Sancheti: @Scarlt7 - Make post & not Chat here. Forum is for organized discussion not chat. Pleas login to your fb for chat.
    May 27, 2019, 09:18:27 AM
  • siamesegirl: Scarlt7 I read your messages. As they're not there anymore I can't refer to them but I recall they came across as a rant rather than a question or a discussion. Perhaps if you'd made a post in the relevant section of the forum as a proper discussion you may have received some comments and feedback. I don't think you expressed your opinion clearly at all
    May 26, 2019, 05:46:56 PM
  • siamesegirl: I've no idea what giving money to crack heads means.
    May 25, 2019, 03:02:35 PM
  • RollingRock33: @Magneta. I completely disagree. Being compassionate toward those who are undeserving shows kindness on our part, and therefore not only brings our energy higher, and attracts better things toward us, but also makes a difference in their lives, and brings them happiness and things to be grateful for. No offense, but what you said is really childish and unkind, and also causes greater blocks in our own energy; selfishness.
    May 25, 2019, 08:13:12 AM
  • posay: To poop on your head :P
    May 24, 2019, 11:53:28 PM
  • MA138: posay, you're like that bird you seeling flying in the mall. Why are you here???? :P
    May 24, 2019, 11:09:34 PM
  • posay: Uhhh no it isn't :P
    May 21, 2019, 04:28:10 AM
  • siamesegirl: You're OK mate, I don't do that anyway.
    May 13, 2019, 01:58:04 AM

Registration

Facebook Comments

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal