Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Keeping attention on myself  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 162
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping attention on myself
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 08:18:49 AM »
Looking a bit through your posts

That is a very good place to start.

The Power of the Subconscious Mind, or POSM for short, is the next step.

I've seen you suggest Insight Meditation but I'm not familiar with it. Is there a suggested reading you have for that? A google search has a lot of results but I'm not sure which are good.

Just do any one of them. Or ask the girl in the other thread what she's doing.

Is it like standing as awareness and just watching thoughts/feelings arise for a specific amount of time?

Yes. But you get there by watching the breath. Just google and start practicing with anything that shows up.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline loveda

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 08:43:59 AM »
Thank you @ siamesegirl, possum power and dimittas.
I guess everything related to loa is about keeping attention on oneself whether that's about practising detachment or focusing attention on something.
Thanks for some excellent points Brighton thought I feel you come across as slightly harsh lol.

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 10:35:43 AM »

Thanks for some excellent points Brighton thought I feel you come across as slightly harsh lol.

Ignore everything that I said then.lol

Offline loveda

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »
lol ahan

Offline MissUniverse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 290
  • live by faith and not by sight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 07:22:39 PM »

i didnt get this part. what do you mean?

Read the post again. It is not complicated. Think harder !

i did. and still dont get it.

Offline Dimittas

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 10:57:46 PM »
Trump was friends with Vincent Peale and followed/follows LOA. He has arguably been successful without changing his personality...he is who he is.

The law works wether you are a jerk or a good person. You can used it to obtain what you desire, including a good personality. So if you don't necessarily want to alter your personality to get what you want then you don't have to.

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 03:56:50 AM »

Look at any loa technique, or explanation of a technique or loa explanation. Ask yourself if Donald Trump could use this to get a nicer jet and a hotter wife, and still stay Donald Trump as he is now.

If the answer is no, then move on.

Trump was friends with Vincent Peale and followed/follows LOA. He has arguably been successful without changing his personality...he is who he is.

The law works wether you are a jerk or a good person. You can used it to obtain what you desire, including a good personality. So if you don't necessarily want to alter your personality to get what you want then you don't have to.

Mkay already ???

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 08:40:48 AM »
Pussum, Siamese Cheese, and MissUniverse(nuff said). 

Did you guys go to the same school and meet up in detention or something ? You've been forum members for years (which means you're no longer in high school and should be an adult) and you ask the most simplistic questions despite english being your primary language, and can't seem to figure it out even when given time to think.

Is this what being an empath is like ? Does the overuse of your right brain (traditionally, the hemisphere involve in intuition, psychic perception, etc) drain 'resources' from the left brain, compromising it?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:24:27 AM by Brighton »

Offline MissUniverse

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2018, 03:39:55 AM »

hmm i see...

Offline MissUniverse

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2018, 03:46:01 AM »
Pussum, Siamese Cheese, and MissUniverse(nuff said). 

Did you guys go to the same school and meet up in detention or something ? You've been forum members for years (which means you're no longer in high school and should be an adult) and you ask the most simplistic questions despite english being your primary language, and can't seem to figure it out even when given time to think.

Is this what being an empath is like ? Does the overuse of your right brain (traditionally, the hemisphere involve in intuition, psychic perception, etc) drain 'resources' from the left brain, compromising it?

english is NOT my primary language so ill take that as a huge compliment (not even kidding) :))

and whats exactly an empath and why is it so important (serious question bc im too smart to know  ;D )

not being ironic here.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:47:59 AM by MissUniverse »

Offline Brighton

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2018, 09:21:24 AM »
not being ironic here.

Oh, but I was. And no, I'm not going to explain what that means. No point.

This is too painful for some to watch and I have been asked offline to help you guys if that's possible. It is , so I will. 

What you and your groupies should do, is buy a whole bunch of sudoku or other brain teaser and IQ test books from easiest to hardest (this is usually ranked in bookstores, at least in terms of age), and do at least 10 each month until you master that level, and then move to the next level in Feb, and then march, april, and so forth.

There are answers at the back of each of these books. Understand the answer to each problem you miss before you move to the next one.

The harder levels might need more than 4 weeks to master - maybe 6, maybe 8, no problem, take that time. Make sure these are pure numbers or diagram based problems.

Then keep going until you are doing a fair job at adult levels. Might take you 6-8 months. Worth it.

Then switch to iq problems which are constructed in language alone i.e. not numbers or diagrams. Start again from beginner to difficult levels, doing ten a month at least.  Will take you 3 months this time because your brain has been sharpened by the previous 9 months of hard work.

Then you should be alright.

It will be tough and you will feel like crying many times. Endure. You must. Encourage each other privately (exchange email addresses, even phone numbers if you can). Form a team. Be there for each other. United you stand.

Don't use loa for this during the first 12 months. This is your mountain to climb. Do this the hard way. Feel every single step that you take. It will compensate for all the steps you failed to take in your past. You need to drive this deep into you, so that it will never rear its ugly head ever again.

Look at your watch/clock now.

(Look now)

Take note. This is the moment everything changed for you. This is the moment you were struck by a ton of brightness. You were finally shown a reliable, private, way to improve your basic iq without any help from anyone and without having to attend expensive,  inconvenient classes anywhere.

Happy New Year.

* Only buy physical books, don't do these exercises online, unless you were taught only on a computer with no pen writing in grade school. If they are pricey at the bookstore, choose the titles at bookstores then order them through ebay or amazon used on the spot.

Offline MissUniverse

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »
hmm ok thanks for taking your time.  :-*

Offline afuturepeter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2018, 11:04:59 PM »
I am looking to attract a specific person and I am really looking for some advice on how to keep your energy and focus on yourself. Actions wise my energy is on me as in I go to gym, I read books, do a whole lot of organizing, I work full time and I am busy with chores and hanging out with fam and friends. However, in the back of my mind I feel like I am always thinking about him, like his smiling face would pop up out of nowhere in my head, I think about our interactions that have happened etc etc and I really have lost the art of keeping my attention and focus on me.
Any suggestions on how to do it?

What helped me was accepting those thoughts and feelings etc.. when they would come and i would see her smiling or laughing or generally happy and i knew i should be focused on me, i would allow myself to be happy with those thoughts since i knew they would come and i knew they would either make me sad or happy and i was determined that they would enhance my LOA, move me closer to her and most importantly bring the focus back to me. I knew that i wanted her to be happy so when those thoughts came up i would smile and say to myself 'she's so beautiful, i cant wait to see her, i know she is keeping well and waiting for me so i have to focus on me to make sure that everything is as good as it can be when we get back together' then i would focus on whatever i was doing.

Hope this helps

Offline loveda

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
thank you @afuturepeter.....this helps and ill do this.

Tags: