Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: How our beliefs affect things  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Magneta007

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 24
  • Now I am Power Ranger! WOW. It's morphin' time!
    • View Profile
Re: How our beliefs affect things
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2018, 12:43:55 AM »
Edward Leedskalnin said he knew the truth and built coral castle.Tesla also knew and created free electricity...if the truth ever does come out everyone would just shrug it off as a conspiracy

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 66
  • Life is one great adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2018, 01:33:10 AM »
Humans are capable of far greater feats - both intellectual and physical - than should logically be possible (according to current dogmas of science)

Like when a bunch of people could not even budge the car on top of a boy after an accident.. and the dad turned up and lifted it off his boy, alone.

Think it is about harnessing the energy to which we all have access but are not aware.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1176
  • -Receive: 1265
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2018, 08:55:00 PM »
Iíve no idea how Grand Theft Auto and previous posts relate to this at all, but to get back on topic, and give away a lot of personal information here, Iím in the position of not having a permanent job and have got myself into a fair amount of debt (student loan, overdraft, credit card and borrowing on it for household repairs, car problems and so on). I am working on resolving these.

I am also not in a relationship of the kind I would like to be in, but I do have an ex that I see quite a lot, who considers himself to be my partner. In my heart of hearts, I donít return any romantic feelings for him. But I rely on him a lot.

In answer to (I think it was) Alexís question to me and how do I think beliefs affect me, I had to think about it, and think if there were any subconscious or unacknowledged beliefs. This is what I came up with:-

I donít have a permanent job Ė I am doing contract work and have been for over three years. Not by choice; Iíve taken one up as the previous one ended. I also owe quite a lot of money. This makes me a poor catch and I ask myself if I deserve to be in a good relationship Ė eg, what decent, sorted guy would want to be with someone with those issues? I am working on resolving these, however. This has meant that I have clung to this ex. I donít have any family at all, so he has (sort of) taken the place of that to a degree. I donít look upon him as a father figure or a big brother but he is the only constant in my life and has been for a while and I rely on him a lot more than, perhaps, I should do. Therefore, is the presence of this guy in my life and my thoughts about my worthiness because of my financial situation preventing me from finding someone whom I truly love for the right reasons and who returns that? Is this an unconscious/subconscious belief that I need to eradicate? And if so, how?

I read Supermanís post about love yourself and the right person (or job) will find you. I do care for and respect myself to a high extent, and I donít put up with nonsense from people. But I have unearthed these feelings today about money and being a ďpoor catchĒ because of the problems I have. I feel quite shocked about it, too.

How would you resolve these problems, people?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:59:47 PM by siamesegirl »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Receive: 599
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2018, 09:26:24 PM »
All fair enough answers and totally understandable SG.

So do you see now how things are not really unconscious or subconscious because voila, here you are looking at your own moralistic values which are not so hidden afterall.

Flip it around SG.
How does it feel when you walk into your permanent position and greet your colleagues every morning?
That's the emotional feeling you're looking for!
To reach that emotional response at its peak maximum, incorporate your senses when you think about this permanent job.
Do not wait for that job to come to you for you to feel this way, feeling the way I suggested is a choice and an act all by itself.

We can sit here and argue the toss over whether the belief comes before the experience or whether its the other way around but neither answer sorts out your predicament anyway, so who really gives a shit?

I personally do not see much value in you attempting to change your morals that make up a large part of you so to fit with others, just become more aware of your morals and have others fit them for you.

Hope that helps.

Offline alexburke

• SpiritualTec.com + SpiritualTec@gmail.com
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 406
  • Innovating & Evolving
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2018, 08:30:36 PM »
How would you resolve these problems, people?

If only we all had that limitless pill that would make us just wake up and see how to solve every problem perfectly.
Imagine how effortless that would be. You got to get into your creative FLOW. "I creatively access more positive solutions and insight". Write on paper and hold it in your hand and just sit in silence for 5 minutes. It might take a few times for it to settle in and work but when it does you will be grateful.

Tags: