Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: How our beliefs affect things  (Read 2699 times)

Online ChaliceSnowFlower

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2379
  • -Receive: 221
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: How our beliefs affect things
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2018, 08:58:22 PM »
Ok, if that is true, then please tell me which law says that you are a victim of someone's elses choices or decisions? Which one says that one day someone can wake up and decide to rape you or kill you while nothing in your mind "fits" that experience?

I remember a Law Of Attraction teacher was talking about how he had a female friend with a teenage daughter living in the same state as him. Around this time a string of rapes were talking place and this woman was fearful something bad was going to happen to ether her or her daughter. So she moved them to another state. Sadly both of them were raped and murdered in new home.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Receive: 593
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2018, 11:28:03 PM »
You can have fun with Alex here as long as you want.

Is that meant to be some sort of a dig at me, or Possum?

If me, I'm not here to have fun. I'm here to share personal experiences to support a question that was asked with a serious answer.

Anybody can go ahead and start attributing experiences to make believe stuff but not me and not many other critical thinkers either. Anybody can reflect upon an experience and then attribute it to anything they want to once they have a certain paradigm in mind....but it does not make the paradigm correct.

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 784
  • -Receive: 6570
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2018, 12:25:41 AM »
You can have fun with Alex here as long as you want.

Is that meant to be some sort of a dig at me, or Possum?

If me, I'm not here to have fun. I'm here to share personal experiences to support a question that was asked with a serious answer.

Anybody can go ahead and start attributing experiences to make believe stuff but not me and not many other critical thinkers either. Anybody can reflect upon an experience and then attribute it to anything they want to once they have a certain paradigm in mind....but it does not make the paradigm correct.

Relax bro it was just a little "poke" :p

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2018, 12:27:43 AM »
I'm not your bro

Offline Superman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2018, 12:29:58 AM »

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2018, 12:30:50 AM »
Prick  :-X

Offline Magneta007

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 24
  • Now I am Power Ranger! WOW. It's morphin' time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2018, 12:42:08 AM »
Aww I want you to to shake hands now

Offline Desideratum

• Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 848
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2018, 01:33:20 PM »
I say ... what a dust-up I missed. You guys never fail to ... entertain.

Online siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1166
  • -Receive: 1254
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »
What I originally asked was:

Do you think it is possible to have a belief about something and not be consciously aware of it? For example someone asks your opinion on something or how you feel about an issue and let's say you've never even thought about it before but you now start to think about an answer. If you've never consciously held that belief, would you have subconsciously held the same belief and would it have had a bearing on what you attract or manifest?

Thinking about this - someone asked me what my thoughts were on this, before all the silly replies began - some years ago I was in love with someone. It never really came to anything, and that guy was the reason I came onto this board. I had a mix of beliefs/thoughts/feelings about him and the thought of a relationship with him over a period of about 2 years. I couldn't really say what was a belief, a thought or a feeling. I started off thinking that he would be glad to be with me. Then I thought that perhaps nothing permanent or long-term could come from it as he is younger than me, and I also thought fleetingly he would be embarrassed by being with me. I spent a lot of time feeling hurt and upset when things didn't go the way I wanted. I've tried to get in touch with him about two or three years ago (not with the intention of a romance) but he didn't respond. I didn't dwell on these beliefs/thoughts/feelings (whichever they were) but they were there to some extent or other without me thinking of them. Maybe there were other beliefs I had that I wasn't aware of. This was my original question.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:51:56 PM by siamesegirl »

Offline Superman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
What I originally asked was:

Do you think it is possible to have a belief about something and not be consciously aware of it? For example someone asks your opinion on something or how you feel about an issue and let's say you've never even thought about it before but you now start to think about an answer. If you've never consciously held that belief, would you have subconsciously held the same belief and would it have had a bearing on what you attract or manifest?

Thinking about this - someone asked me what my thoughts were on this, before all the silly replies began - some years ago I was in love with someone. It never really came to anything, and that guy was the reason I came onto this board. I had a mix of beliefs/thoughts/feelings about him and the thought of a relationship with him over a period of about 2 years. I couldn't really say what was a belief, a thought or a feeling. I started off thinking that he would be glad to be with me. Then I thought that perhaps nothing permanent or long-term could come from it as he is younger than me, and I also thought fleetingly he would be embarrassed by being with me. I spent a lot of time feeling hurt and upset when things didn't go the way I wanted. I've tried to get in touch with him about two or three years ago (not with the intention of a romance) but he did't respond. I didn't dwell on these beliefs/thoughts/feelings (whichever they were) but they were there to some extent or other without me thinking of them. Maybe there were other beliefs I had that I wasn't aware of. This was my original question.

Seems like that he was attracted in your life to represent your belief that you are unworthy (of him or of love).
Otherwise why wwould you worry about your age, or that he will be embarrassed being with you or that it will just be short-term...
Thats why it is very important to be aware of you and your mind. Its important to be honest with your thoughts and not try to mask them with "fake" positive ones. Keep in mind that only the thought you consider as reality are effective, only those you have an emotional reaction... they are the power because they are the real beliefs. So its important to work on it.

Its useless to chase someone who was in your life just to be a reflection of your "low self esteem" self. But you can build a better image of you, and better feelings of worth. Then people will come to reflect that and you would never need to chase them. Those who reflected the "bad" in you are rarely those who will reflect the good too. (but it can happen) So don't focus on people but on you and what you believe about you and your worth and love.

Another important thing is that you don't have to seek the negative unconscious beliefs. It is enough to build a big strong positive one that will make the negative irrevelant. In the same way that where is light the darkness is destroyed. No need to fight it piece by piece, just bring the light.

Offline Desideratum

• Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 848
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2018, 11:39:20 PM »
Do you think it is possible to have a belief about something and not be consciously aware of it?

Of course it is possible. ON a conscious level, like you said, you may not have ever thought of or considered a subject or idea. You could be asked for an opinion on soemthing you didn't even know existed, so how could you have an opiinion about that?

But, the LOA-relevant answer, also being 'yes,' is because of what you do not know SUBconsciously. Your subconsicous beliefs might not align with your conscious desires. Hidden doubts, etc. can be a problem. Eventually they will go away, if you work at it for a while. Do some visualization in alpha (aka self-hypnosis), that directly rewrites the subconcious mind. Exercise faith in whatever manner works for you, like letting go of (releasing) the unwanted reality, blah blah blah. Easy in theory but takes discipline in practice.

Anyway, the answer is a resounding "yes."

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2018, 11:33:06 PM »
With zero existential evidence to support both of you 2's opinions, it just as easily and might as well be a complete load of rubbish.

Online siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2018, 11:45:44 PM »
For clarification, I didn't chase him. I tried to contact him and dropped it when I realised he wasn't going to respond. I've not contacted him since.

Online siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2018, 11:47:57 PM »
With zero existential evidence to support both of you 2's opinions, it just as easily and might as well be a complete load of rubbish.
Well we're all stuffed then if it's not a load of rubbish!

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2018, 05:16:06 PM »
Why "stuffed" SG?

Tags: