Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: How our beliefs affect things  (Read 12944 times)

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1205
  • -Receive: 1325
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
How our beliefs affect things
« on: November 02, 2018, 12:02:05 AM »
Do you think it is possible to have a belief about something and not be consciously aware of it? For example someone asks your opinion on something or how you feel about an issue and let's say you've never even thought about it before but you now start to think about an answer. If you've never consciously held that belief, would you have subconsciously held the same belief and would it have had a bearing on what you attract or manifest?

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 664
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
Re: How our beliefs affect things
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 12:18:02 AM »
No. A belief is effectively nothing more than a choice...a judgement.

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 50
  • -Receive: 95
  • The meek shall inherit the Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:45:49 PM »
Yes that’s true BUT our judgements depend hugely upon our conditioning and our environment. And very often we are not even aware of having made those judgements, or of the fact that we possess the power to NOT make them, or do things differently (as individuals.. often they are assumptions shared by a wider group or society as a whole).

That is, they look like ‘givens’ when in reality they are choices.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 09:01:50 PM »
No Possum, our judgements depends on our perception and our mood at that precise moment.
It is perception that is conditioned by experience when we have experience or assumptions when we do not..
This is how we choose to see things as wee see them on auto pilot.

It is this "knowing" vs "guessing / assuming" that people need to be more aware of when formulating their own judgements as in, how much is known as fact and how much is just guessed. Everybody believes things which in truth they know absolutely nothing about. In my opinion, it's just silly to believe something that you know nothing about.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:19:23 PM by Alexbally »

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 806
  • -Receive: 6737
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/ALLISMIND/
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 08:51:45 PM »
No. A belief is effectively nothing more than a choice...a judgement.

This is the most ignorant thing I’ve ever read.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 09:21:50 PM »
And that has to be the strongest, most compelling evidence against it that I have ever read, I'm now convinced otherwise....

Care to elaborate Supes?

Offline Superman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 09:56:51 PM »

Care to elaborate Supes?

Do you think it is possible to have a belief about something and not be consciously aware of it? For example someone asks your opinion on something or how you feel about an issue and let's say you've never even thought about it before but you now start to think about an answer. If you've never consciously held that belief, would you have subconsciously held the same belief and would it have had a bearing on what you attract or manifest?

Let's say you are 17 and never had a love relationship. Even before you have any contact with a man or woman you have "ideas" and "beliefs" about people and about love and relationships. Those are very often unconscious because you never thought about it, never focused on it. Those beliefs/ideas were incactive or irrevelant because there was no relationship. But once you meet someone they become relevant and active... in fact those attracted the kind of person you interact with and the kind of relationship you have.

Beliefs and ideas can be unconscious or inactive BUT they are never hidden, or "somewhere deep down in the subconscious", inaccessible ... all beliefs are known when you are honest with yourself and when focus on the subject of any area of your life. And above all, all beliefs can be changed and they often change with time or maturity.

Beliefs are very important!!! They make what is possible in your experience and what is not. They are "attractors" and "blockers". They attract what is compatible with them and their nature and block everything that is not compatble or anything that can deny their integrity or reality.

Everything in your life is made by your beliefs... there is no "truths" or "real reality" ... all experience is false or real... its just beliefs. So make sure you hold ony the best ideas and beliefs about yourself and your life. No matter what is your experience and reality you should not "keep it" or trust it if you don't want it. Again: there is no reality! Just beliefs.

Believe only what creates a paradise in your life!

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 10:24:27 PM »
Let's say you are 17 and never had a love relationship. Even before you have any contact with a man or woman you have "ideas" and "beliefs" about people and about love and relationships. Those are very often unconscious because you never thought about it, never focused on it. Those beliefs/ideas were incactive or irrevelant because there was no relationship. But once you meet someone they become relevant and active... in fact those attracted the kind of person you interact with and the kind of relationship you have.

Is this the best you've got? Because I'm sorry to say that there is absolutely zero evidence or even a means of examining this theory as being anything remotely close to factual.
How do you know that an unconscious even exists?
It's all far too easy to start attributing stuff to things that nobody has a means of even knowing exists so to be able to challenge it further. Not good enough Supes.
When you hit that brick wall between what you know and what you don't know, please don't start hypothesising upon further assumptions because your hypotheses becomes holistically illogical.
You may have a dogmatic opinion on unconscious beliefs but the logical person should look at that and see that there is no such thing. We condition beliefs about relationships (to use your example) based upon our previous experiences of them, whether experienced as first person or viewing other relationships from afar. We forever judge based upon what we believe as right or wrong....believe in this case is exactly the same as opinion, judgement, idea, view, perspective.

Everything in your life is made by your beliefs... there is no "truths" or "real reality" ... all experience is false or real... its just beliefs.

Again, there is only observable evidence that completely contradicts this.
You, Supes, believe an almost infinite number of things that you don't even know are wrong. You believe stuff that you have been taught from a young age that is strictly false and/or non-factual.
So knowing this fact that you cannot ignore, how can you say that reality is beliefs when beliefs are wrong all of the time?
Take religion for example, people believe in a particular religion because of what they have been taught by parents, places of worship and holy books. There is not a single ounce of observable evidence for any of them to turn what they believe into what they know.
Does their belief make god present in their daily lives?
Actually, indirectly yes it does but factually, no it does not. It does indirectly because to have a belief in religion is to hold onto a certain perspective....the perspective of god is all around and omnipresent. This perspective will condition the brain and the mind to start attributing their experiences to acts of god.
It's like when a girlfriend treats you like shit and dumps your arse but you still sulk about, miss her and want to take her back. Your perception of her is still of that she is the only girl you want. When the rose tinted glasses fall off, that perception changes to that of you would never take her back again.

Belief is forged from perception and perception from experience, which is not unconscious if you're actually aware enough to think about what you're thinking.
You're incorrect or correct beliefs have no affect on what is factual in this reality and they never have.

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »
Everything in your life is made by your beliefs...

And what about collective imagination, and those many cases when others’ beliefs might interfere or conflict with your own? We do not live in a personalised bubble (though youtube and google might make you think you do, lol)

Yes your beliefs affect your personal reality, big time, but they are by no means the only factor in creating it.

Offline Superman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
Alexbally what I say is just basic loa here. If you don't believe this then you don't believe in loa. You don't understand it clearly. Saying that perception forms beliefs is very far from "loa" knowledge.

Everything in your life is made by your beliefs...

And what about collective imagination, and those many cases when others’ beliefs might interfere or conflict with your own? We do not live in a personalised bubble (though youtube and google might make you think you do, lol)

Yes your beliefs affect your personal reality, big time, but they are by no means the only factor in creating it.

There is mass beliefs or mass/collective imagination for sure. Those who have similar beliefs experience similar reality. And even if we all live on the same planet we do live in our own world. We do live in our own unique "bubble". Everything in your life is unique and even if it is similar with millions of others it is because their beliefs are similar.

Ps: when I say "beliefs" I'm not talking about "religion" for example. Sur you can believe in Jesus and your friend may contradict you. But every person in your life reflects something about you and your beliefs. So do you in their experience otherwise you would not be in their experience at all nor they in yours. When I say beliefs I'm talking about core ideas you have about you, your life, relationships, money, health etc... NOTHING can go against those beliefs because it is the "substance" of what makes your reality. When it comes to what you believe about me or someone else: it does affect your perception of me or them but not their reality. If someone believes you're a bad human, you will be bad to him. While being an angelf for someone who believes in your goodness.

If you have examples of what you say I'm open to read them :D

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 10:46:47 PM »
Yes, they affect it by determining the choices we make, the way we think, the way we view things.
At some point though, there should be a moment where we question, "why do I believe this?"
And if the answer is somebody told me or I read it in a book or I saw it on tv then seriously, maybe that belief should be addressed accordingly.

Thank you Possum, people believe different things all of the time and within their own perception they are bot correct but which one is actually factual?
This is where you see the difference between known as fact and just assumed.

Offline Superman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 10:59:10 PM »
Yes, they affect it by determining the choices we make, the way we think, the way we view things.
At some point though, there should be a moment where we question, "why do I believe this?"
And if the answer is somebody told me or I read it in a book or I saw it on tv then seriously, maybe that belief should be addressed accordingly.

They affect not only the way you think, feel or make choices and view things. They affect your biology, your appearence, your abilities, your atmosphere, the kind of experience you attract, the way you judge or percieve things. They affect your bank account your health, the type of people you meet, your just everything. Nothing is random.

You ask "why do I believe this" only when you begin to have a high knowledge in loa. Otherwise you don't see beliefs as beliefs but as "facts of life" Who would question that? Lets say you had a very bad childhood, you are poor and sick. Those are facts for you. Not beliefs. Those are your experience and often the only reality you had. Yet with LOA you understand that even if you lived hell in the past, even if the effects are still very real... you can still change everything and you understand that those were just beliefs. But beliefs make experience.

Seeing beliefs you hold about you and life is not as easy as you would see political beliefs or what you read... because they are very close to you and your experience... because they make your life.

Just look around you now, no matter where you are. The objects, the type of car you have, the house, your bank account, your health, your realtionships, this concversation.... everything of this IS MADE BY THE BELIEFS YOU HAVE NOW. Even the place you live in has to do with your beliefs. Really everything.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 11:06:04 PM »
Alexbally what I say is just basic loa here. If you don't believe this then you don't believe in loa. You don't understand it clearly. Saying that perception forms beliefs is very far from "loa" knowledge.

Well observed Supes, I do not believe in "basic" LOA "knowledge," which actually is not knowledge at all as it has not been repeatedly observed as factual over and over again.
You are correct, I disagree that beliefs are reality because I have been wrong numerous times with stuff I believed.....some of them are major things that I bet you still believe in today.
How many times have you believed somebody when they lied to you and you later found out they had lied?
Which one was the real reality....the lie or the truth?

No, I believe in something very different but basically, it does not involve or require any form of belief to do the things I can do. Just total trust in my senses.

Supes, please allow me to point out the honest mistake that you and so many other non-critical thinkers make....
You are not paying close enough attention to the finer details....dig deeper.
What you just very correctly described there is exactly what belief  DOES create! It creates our morals, our principals, our standards, our decisions, choices, actions.
It does not create what is fact or fiction "out there," it does create our defined perception of what is fact or fiction out there.
As perception can change in the blink of an eye with a change of belief, the only power it holds is over yourself. All beliefs are restricting in this case.

Offline Superman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 11:14:06 PM »
How many times have you believed somebody when they lied to you and you later found out they had lied?

No, I believe in something very different but basically, it does not involve or require any form of belief to do the things I can do. Just total trust in my senses.

Supes, please allow me to point out the honest mistake that you and so many other non-critical thinkers make....
What you just very correctly described there is exactly what belief  DOES create! It creates our morals, our principals, our standards, our decisions, choices, actions.
It does not create what is fact or fiction "out there," it does create our defined perception of what is fact or fiction out there.
As perception can change in the blink of an eye with a change of belief, the only power it holds is over yourself. All beliefs are restricting in this case.

You don't get the message of this. You look it from a very superficial level. Go deeper.
Why you attracted the experience of someone lying to you at first place? It was attracted by beliefs like "people are bad" ... "you cannot trust people" or anything similar.

You refuse to go deeper and understand the undeniable fact!
When you say "I believe in something very different but basically, it does not involve or require any form of belief to do the things I can do. Just total trust in my senses." You don't understand that even to breathe requires a belief. You could not even fonction without beliefs. But I understand that you are not ready. Not even one of your posts reflects an understanding of loa. sadly...

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 11:22:21 PM »
Well observed Supes, I do not believe in "basic" LOA "knowledge," which actually is not knowledge at all as it has not been repeatedly observed as factual over and over again.
You are correct, I disagree that beliefs are reality because I have been wrong numerous times with stuff I believed.....some of them are major things that I bet you still believe in today.

Nicely put.

Real or not? Reality is nothing but imagination. NOT beliefs, but imagination..(of course not even just our ‘own’ because actually we’re one with everything). Beliefs and imagination are two very different things.. to my mind, one is really limiting and one-dimensional, and the other is both limitless and seamlessly connected with everything around us and that exists.. if we’ll just let it be.  :)

I think forcing ourselves to believe a bunch of stuff (supposedly ‘positive’ stuff that we are so certain will benefit us individually.. .bleeugh, hand me over the bucket pls!) ..or just believing because we want to, is utter nonsense.

It majorly interferes with both own flow and empathy for others and all.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:26:19 PM by possum-power »

Tags: