Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Knowing vs being playful, and focusing on the when  (Read 310 times)

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 14
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Knowing vs being playful, and focusing on the when
« on: October 20, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »
I feel really comfortable knowing that everything I want is on its way and focusing on feeling good.

However, I get confused in the context of taking part in a prize draw or raffle. Wouldn't believing 100% I am going to win, be like attachment to the outcome (winning)? On the other hand, I hear some say they were in a "great if I win, but also ok if I don't" mindset. But isn't the "if I don't" part doubt? How can you "know" something will happen, and then also think about how you will be ok if it doesn't? If I think 100% that something will happen, from a place of "knowing", and then it doesn't, I'd feel really bad - not because I didn't get the 'stuff', but because I'd feel like the Universe betrayed me.

Also how is wanting to win a contest on a specific date different from trying to manifest something right now, or today or on a specific date? Isn't all of that focusing on the 'when'?

Just writing down my questions is bringing some clarity, so looking forward to more in the responses  :)

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 239
  • -Receive: 593
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
Re: Knowing vs being playful, and focusing on the when
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 07:06:50 PM »
Well done Erana. You have successfully used your own brain to decipher that actually, belief never has been a required ingredient whatsoever.
Things happen every single day that genuinely contradict our beliefs and believing something to be a certain way just does not mean that what you believed is actually correct.
Well done for seeing everything holistically instead of just cherry picking.

No matter how hard we try, we cannot just fake belief. It is not something that is required at the beginning. People do not truly believe until the very end when usually by this point, they know for certain.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 07:09:13 PM by Alexbally »

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 12:31:31 AM »
Thank you Alexbally  :)

As a follower of Abe's teachings, I do believe we get whatever we believe in - that everything that happens is a reflection of what we are vibrating. Even when things happen that I think has nothing to do with my vibrational offering, looking back at my recent thoughts and emotions reveal something or the other that caused it to manifest.

Believing is not a problem for me. At first I didn't get the point of affirmations, for instance - sounded like telling a lot of lies to myself, or putting in a lot of 'work' to make those true. But then I realised it isn't about making anything true, because those positive affirmations are already true. We are all part of Source Energy that is already powerful and free and happy etc and so are we - it is just a matter of remembering and accepting it, thereby activating those vibrations and deactivating any illusions of powerlessness or emotions we don't like.

What tripped me up was the 'be ok if it doesn't happen' part because I interpreted it to mean I must somehow expect LOA to not work, which didn't make sense. But I suppose it is only referring to not needing the object, detachment etc and I overcomplicated it.

As for the 'when' part, I suppose it is ok to focus on the when if it doesn't create resistance.

Online siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1166
  • -Receive: 1254
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by the being playful part?

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by the being playful part?
Hi! I meant when manifesting is supposed to be like a game. So if you join a prize draw, you do it for the fun of it rather than necessarily wanting to win - in an either outcome is great manner. I thought this was in contradiction to the 'knowing' you will win mindset - how can you even think about losing, when you supposedly 'know' you will win, I thought.

But I think I get it now. You don't need the win to be happy, or to fulfil some other need - but you think winning will be fun and you fully trust the Universe to deliver.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »
Oh I see, oh dear. In this case, I withdraw my congratulations and well done and keep them for myself again lol.

But I think I get it now. You don't need the win to be happy, or to fulfil some other need - but you think winning will be fun and you fully trust the Universe to deliver.

This just sounds like the mindset of the general population that plays....99.9999% of them. If his was in any way, shape or form effective then 99.99999% of applicants would win, which obviously does not actually happen.
This does not sound like anything remotely close to deliberate....more like pot luck.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:55:38 PM by Alexbally »

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 03:54:59 PM »
I really doubt 99.9999% of people go for it with 100% belief.

Oh I see, oh dear. In this case, I withdraw my congratulations and well done and keep them for myself again lol.
Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted  :D :D

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 04:08:45 PM »
You should know by now that good things never last for ever Erana. Glad you enjoyed it while you could though.

No, 99.99% of people have the nonchalant, "I don't give a fuck if I win or not" attitude. This attitude happens to also be shared by people that think belief is a prerequisite to deliberate results, along with "my manifestation did not go to plan so I must have contradictory beliefs or something wrong with my subconscious that nobody can detect or fix or blah blah...."
It's all nonsense and used as get out clauses for those that cannot deliberately do shit. These are not good examples to follow.

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 05:23:06 PM »
Oh I don't mean you don't care about winning anymore. I don't see why I would bother participating if I don't care to win  ??? But I would participate because it'd be fun to win and get the prize, rather than because I 'need' whatever the prize is.

Most people I know who participate, do so with a "Oooh please please! let me win!" attitude either because they really need a certain amount of money, or because they want to show off etc. Others participate with a "I am not going to win, but whatever" attitude sometimes because they are scared to believe.

I used to think the whole beliefs thing was overly complicated, because I thought I must do a lot of 'work' and go into therapy and become a saint or something. But it's not like that at all. In another post of mine (http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php?topic=26678.msg224222;topicseen#new), I briefly talk about how I turned around a very difficult situation with my parents (more difficult than I make it sound there) by just relaxing and trusting the Universe to teach me what to do. The truth is, we get exactly what is in our vibration - that is the Law of attraction, and I believe in it like Gravity. It's working out great for me - I got over my debilitating anxiety I had all my life (which is hugely life changing!), improved all my relationships, I see everything working out in my day to day life, I feel like a whole new person, and over all just having fun with everything.

Anyway, this is my experience, not trying to force you to change your views.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 05:35:56 PM »
The truth is, we get exactly what is in our vibration - that is the Law of attraction, and I believe in it like Gravity.

Then this would be your first mistake and all the rest snowball from here.

A change of perspective is exactly that....a change in how we view things, NOT a change in what there is to view, there's a huge difference between the 2. The glass is always half full or half empty, the only difference is how we choose to see it. Changing of perspectives has very little to do with beliefs though, moreso it's a simple choice between 2 perspectives.

The day continues to go on whether you believe in everything or nothing at all, shit still happens regardless.

It's ok, I appreciate you're not trying to change my opinion or anything, it's a good little chat  :)
The whole "beliefs" paradigm is riddled with holes, inaccuracies and ambiguities which is why it's so obvious that it does not work how people wish it to work.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:38:27 PM by Alexbally »

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 05:58:32 PM »
Then this would be your first mistake and all the rest snowball from here....

The whole "beliefs" paradigm is riddled with holes, inaccuracies and ambiguities which is why it's so obvious that it does not work how people wish it to work....
:D I like the way you put things.

But I really do believe in everything I said, and you clearly believe in your views. So I have nothing more to add, good friend. Guess I am doomed now, by a giant snowball :D

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »
Hahaha avalanche more like  ;D

Thank you for your kind words Erana. I like the way you put things too. It's perfectly fine to not agree on everything and different perspectives is very healthy in my opinion.

I too used to believe in things until I learned that things that I believed in were actually false....just like learning what gravity really is. Sometimes, we have to look at ourselves and determine if what we believe in is actually accurate and then comes the decision on whether what we believe actually makes any difference whatsoecer either way to anything at all. Sometimes, we are just plain wrong....we are human afterall.
Belief does not make something fiction or non-fiction.
Many people have told me many lies over my lifetime. I used to believe them. Did me believing their lies make the lie into the truth? No, it did not unfortunately. I won't make that mistake again.

Tags: