Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Remove all negativity from life?  (Read 4297 times)

Offline glooper23

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
Remove all negativity from life?
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »
This is a question regarding application and of how the law of attraction affects my life. It says that what we think about manifests in our life. Here are a few applications that I'm thinking about:

1. As a song writer, is it unwise of me to ever write a lyric that has a negative connotation? For example, writing about someone who misses his girlfriend.

2. Same with any other sort of story from TV, movies, books, etc. Should I avoid watching anything that has negativity in it? Are horror films going to start manifesting blood and fear in my life?

3. What about spreading the good word of the law of attraction to others? Is it bad for me to ever refer to negativity and how to fix it? For example, if I talk to someone who has anxiety, and I try to help them by discussing the anxiety in some way... is this a bad idea?

Should I never be thinking about negativity?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:36:13 PM by glooper23 »

Offline EasySuccess

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
    • View Profile
Re: Remove all negativity from life?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 02:13:49 AM »
I'm thinking a lot about this lately. I work a lot and there is a  lot negativity in my workplace. I can't avoid it, and even when  i don't work I can't think and talk about anything else. I'm really trying, and there are some results, but not enough yet.
I love Rock and Heavy Metal music, it has a lot negativity in it. Do I have to stop listening it.  That's one of the things I  enjoy the most.
I have  read that Ankur Sancheti likes heavy metal among other music.
So do we have to move everything negative from my life, even if  it helps me feel good for a moment.
 I don't take music to seriously, just to tell..

Offline Mister A.

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 11:05:57 PM »
From my understanding of the Law of Attraction it should be fine for you to like any genre of music. I don't think that the law is susceptible to morals or what is social or sub-conscious stigma for negativity.
I don't think the answer is to be completely ignorant of what is perceived as socially shameful or negative things but to instead be aware of them and be able to block them out only if they're affecting you in a negative way. It's fine to be cautious of things that people might consider negative such as lyrics about sex, alcohol, etc. But only you can know for sure how it affects you. It either gives you a good emotion or a bad emotion.

Does listening to rock or writing lyrics about somebody missing their girlfriend make you feel bad? If not then you're doing fine I'd say.

I like to think of myself as a faulty compass. I should be pointing towards the good emotions(North), but sometimes my dial may be a little broken or mislead and could be leading me towards the bad emotions(South). This is natural because no human is perfect and so the compass never could be. But that's when it's time to do some fixing. I'd find what really makes me feel good and get rid of what was causing my dial to point south so that my dial might point North again.

Hope I could have shed some light on that, I'm still particularly new to the law of attraction but this was my take on it.

-Mr. A
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 11:12:25 PM by Mister A. »

Offline glooper23

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 11:50:39 PM »
Thank you for your insight.

Offline RMcIntyre

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
Your emotions are your guide.  It's acceptable (though not recommended) to be around negativity so long as it's not bringing out negative emotions in you.  When it does, don't try to deny your emotion, simply acknowledge it, then let it go and change your focus to something that brings out the positive emotions within you.  You are always in control of what you think and feel, never forget this.

If heavy metal, or anything else makes you feel good....then run with it and enjoy it as often as you can.  Because something brings out negative emotions in one person, doesn't mean it will do the same for another.

If something makes you feel bad, change your focus to something that makes you feel good.  This will create more and more "good" in your life.

Cheers,

Offline glooper23

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I have begun to notice how the law of attraction affects my life and the role of negativity. The law of attraction is not simply the idea of replacing negative thoughts with positive ones. Then again, that is entirely it. Thoughts are not just the things we say to ourselves. Saying, "I love myself" over and over is only part of the puzzle. For, if we say "I love myself", and we still go around judging others, we are allowing negative rain to seep into our unsealed home. And then we may become negative thinkers again by saying, "I did affirmations, but I'm still attracting negativity! What's wrong with me?" Patching one part of the roof is good, but patching its entirety will fix this problem.

Ways in which we speak to ourselves about ourselves and others, our behavior, and our feelings encompass the law of attraction. For, each of the above ignites a thought process in our mind.

I no longer am attracted to songs that have negative context or lyrics because they are simply unattractive. I am more attracted to positive songs. The most interesting part is that while it took a conscious effort to consider the law of attraction and alter my thinking, my desire to listen to positive music is more a result than a cause. As I've learned about the effects of positivity and negativity, I've shifted my behavior without effort or force.

Offline Chaz

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »
As long it makes you feel good... it's the energy that you give out. While listening to rock music, you have to choice. You can either drawn yourself into the negative lyrics or enjoy yourself with the beauty of the music instead. I would suggest listen to music that inspires you and avoid negative music... but I personally loves rock music.

Tags: