Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Confused about manifesting opposites  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Erana

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 30
  • I am a Master Manifestor, a Miracle Worker!
    • View Profile
Confused about manifesting opposites
« on: August 21, 2018, 08:49:46 PM »
Hi all,
           Long before I learned about LOA and since I was a kid, I used to notice that whenever I was sure something would happen, it just won't. That is, if I visualise and feel the feelings, it's guaranteed to not happen. If I imagine how my friend would react if I tell her something the next day at school, and get all excited about it, it would turn out she was off sick and couldn't come that day. If I think I did poorly in a test and cry my eyes out until the result day, turns out I got a 100%. If I am confident, turns out I did poorly. If I believe a conversation is going to end terribly, it turns out great. If I think it would be short and sweet, it turns into the worst tragedy imaginable. I always thought these were coincidences, but sometimes when I am desperate, I use this to my advantage.

At school, if I forgot to prepare for a test, I'd visualise the teacher coming into class, distributing the question papers, getting closer to me, feel my heart thudding, feel the panic, the humiliation when I get the results etc. Sure enough, something or the other will happen to make sure the test doesn't happen. The teacher was off sick, mysteriously forgot to print the question papers, all staff get called to some emergency meeting etc. If I want to win a contest, I'd visualise all the worst case scenarios - losing, getting disqualified, an earthquake cancelling the event or whatever, anything but winning - and sure enough, I not only win, but get a bunch of extra honours.

So I trained myself to always think negative, imagine all the worst-case scenarios always and if I ever caught myself visualising anything good, I'd immediately replace that with an opposite image. Needless to say, it was a miserable way to live and caused me to develop an anxiety disorder. I mean, I was actually afraid to accidentally visualise the sun rising, lest I prevent that and cause the apocalypse or something.

LOA really helped with the anxiety because I thought the reason things worked this way for me was because I was using LOA in reverse and I can stop this. That I visualised the bad things and didn't let go, thereby pushing them away. However, things still work this way for me despite practising mindfulness and letting go and whatnot. Anything I have manifested so far are random things I believed wouldn't happen and therefore didn't even have the intention of manifesting.

I would be eternally grateful if someone can explain my experience. I checked online and see several others who report experiencing the same, but none of the explanations they are given make sense. Usually it's just people telling them it can't possibly be, or that they don't know what they are feeling or they are psychic etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!  :)

I am the Universe. I am Worthiness. I am Abundance. I am Power. I create my reality. I am God.

Offline NikoSquared

• Professional Dreamer
  • Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Dreams of Greatness, the sequel.
    • View Profile
Re: Confused about manifesting opposites
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 04:09:34 AM »
wow

Iím not the only one that had this problem.

Strangely enough, those rules can be shattered.

I canít explain how to do it, itís very complicated, but you can get rid of this entirely. Forever.

I can say how I started to fight back though.

Donít let yourself be defined by those rules. Believe with all you have that you can fight back, and with enough time and patience, this rule will shatter.

It took me half a year, but thatís because I had no idea what I was doing.

I understand what you are going through. You can beat it. Strangely enough, this only happens to some people...

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline alexburke

• SpiritualTec.com + SpiritualTec@gmail.com
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 406
  • Innovating & Evolving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 12:59:09 AM »
I would be eternally grateful if someone can explain my experience.

What would you rate your level of fear at towards it 1-10?

Offline MrMaverick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 478
  • -Receive: 1061
  • Veni, vidi, vici
    • View Profile

Offline Phoenix07

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »
This is amazing! I have the same issue!

Whenever I feel anxious, and visualise the worst case scenario, the best case scenario happens!

I suppose it helps in terms of letting go of what you really want deep down inside, but it does make for an awful conscious existence at times.

Offline Erana

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »
Thanks for the responses folks  :)

What would you rate your level of fear at towards it 1-10?

That would be a 10 or beyond.

I suppose it helps in terms of letting go of what you really want deep down inside, but it does make for an awful conscious existence at times.

Yes, even if you can get what you want at times this way, it's not worth living like that.

Getting something opposite of what you want is only natural if you make it important

That was an interesting read. RT is something I am planning to read. However is it really all that different from the LOA ways? Instead of Letting go meditations, you get Decreasing Importance meditations, and instead of 'Love your desire, but don't be attached', I find pieces of advice like 'Don't exaggerate but also don't be careless'. I guess we can complicate anything if we wish to  :D
Also the opposite happens for things I donít place any importance on too. Itís like the universe simply likes to prove me wrong. If I have a passing thought that goes, ďHmm, X hasnít happened/is unlikely to happen in a long timeĒ, then suddenly X happens all around me. But if I think, ďI bet X happens all the timeĒ, suddenly itís like X never existed. And X can be anything random, like seeing butterflies in my neighbourhood, people I know getting married, or meeting someone from a different country etc.

wow

Iím not the only one that had this problem.

Strangely enough, those rules can be shattered.

I canít explain how to do it, itís very complicated, but you can get rid of this entirely. Forever.

I can say how I started to fight back though.

Donít let yourself be defined by those rules. Believe with all you have that you can fight back, and with enough time and patience, this rule will shatter.

It took me half a year, but thatís because I had no idea what I was doing.

I understand what you are going through. You can beat it. Strangely enough, this only happens to some people...

I am also starting to work on this, so itís very encouraging to hear you got through this. I will explain what I am attempting and from what perspective in a separate reply.

Offline Erana

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 07:02:49 PM »
So after posting my question, I was thinking about this a lot and realised I was in a loop of fretting about it not making sense while not putting any thought into 'solving' the problem itself. My problem was, I had pieces of information that didn't seem to fit together.

1."You get what you believe" ; 2."You attract what you focus on" ; 3."I get the opposite of whatever I use LOA on"

My confusion was caused by taking 2 as an absolute isolated fact. Some have opined that 3 was caused because I believed I would get the opposite. However, I couldn't accept that you can reverse how LOA (2) works for you (focus on negative to get positive) by belief or by anything (besides I don't remember believing I would get the opposite). This was why I was stuck in a 'this doesn't make sense' loop. So I just accepted it, for argument's sake. What if you can indeed get whatever you believe in? I know my manifesting-opposite trick doesn't always work, for instance. There are times when I think a situation is too far gone for even my trick to repair, and then it doesn't work. Back at school, if I avoid 1-2 tests, and start feeling bad about it, or believe it can't happen again or it's too good to be true, what happened were just coincidences anyway, it can't work if I use it as a 'trick' etc, it doesn't work a third time. Then as an experiment, I visualised googling images of green cars, and found myself doing just that. Why didn't the opposite happen now? Maybe because googling is something I do so regularly and believed even I can get away with it? Maybe this one good belief trumped all the negatives.

So now I am working on all the beliefs that could be causing opposites to manifest, by identifying them starting with what caused them to form.

"Being too happy will cause something equally miserable to happen and vice-versa" : I think a lot us grow up with this belief instilled in us by people saying so and thus attracting what they believe, or watching it happen in movies repeatedly. Isn't it always when the hero is at his happiest that the villain turns up and murders everyone he loves, or someone gets a heart-attack or something? And isn't it always when he/she hits rock-bottom that they suddenly get an epiphany or a deux-ex-machina shows up?

"Being certain something will happen is always a bad idea" : In my case, being from a chronically Christian family, I was raised to believe it is wrong to be certain of anything. It is prideful and putting your faith in yourselves rather than in God. We also grow up with stories like the Hare and the Tortoise, which for me at least made me scared to be confident (because, how do you know if you are confident or over-confident?). In such stories, it is always the humble and scared one who wins, while the confident ones are always portrayed as bullies. I also remember my older brother talking about how he expected good results but was disappointed, but his friend who was convinced he would fail ended up topping the class etc. This and similar experiences could have led to a fear/belief that I then started attracting more of and reinforcing in this and other contexts.

"Acknowledging something good will jinx it" : Developed in similar ways, I imagine.

So although I never directly believed I would attract the opposite of what I focused upon, these background fears resulted in it anyway. I will work on these fears and see if things change. Is this similar to what you did, NikoSquared?

I find the idea that you can have whatever you believe in, quite freeing: that you can even turn negativity to your advantage if you believe it works.

Hope my post makes sense, wasn't quite sure how to express the idea in my head  :D

Offline Erana

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 03:18:15 AM »
As an update, I no longer have this issue, and it didn't take very long to get to a healthier set of beliefs - maybe a month max. I practised some affirmations and learned more about LOA, all of which helped me get over the fear of manifesting opposites. For a while I still felt myself tensing up out of habbit, before going to talk something important to someone for example. But noticing that and gently reminding me each time was all it took, along with expecting things to work out.

I also recently learned that things sometimes do manifest when you are in an angry or resentful mood because anger does release resistance and bring relief and you are, at that point, in a state of allowing. I can see how this alone could explain a lot. Hope this helps anyone else currently facing this  :)

Offline MichaelKnight

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 04:03:05 PM »
I have the same problem,I'm glad you solved your problem.

When I first learned and started practicing LOA, for example one day me and my family were travelling with a car and I was at the backseat, I started affirming "We are totaly protected by Unlimited Power".Then after a short while another car hit our car lightly(thankfully there was no damage or worse).A few days later I started affirming the same thing and in a few minutes while my father was getting the car out of parking area he hit the car(lightly) which was at the back of our car.I decided to never affirm that sentence again.

I thought what I wanted to manifest and repeated these sentences "An earthquake can never happen in my city"."A thief can never get into our home"."My dog can never die".While repeating these I had some fear because of the word "can never", I was not sure if this was a good statement because I had read on books and internet some contrasting comments.Anyway, in less than 2 months all of them happened, two earthquaked happened in my city(at least they didn't destroy anything), a thief got into our home and my dog died.

One day I decided to use LOA for attracting money.I visualized that we have a lot of money and I have the loudspeakers of my dreams in my room and listening to music with them.In half an hour someone phoned my father and wanted to borrow some money. Then in a few weeks one of my father's best friend wanted to borrow a realitvely big amount of money from my father.(Just note that I and my father,mother,elder sister share the same money,I mean we don't have seperate money.).My 2 friends wanted to borrow money.We didn't earn any money but people wanted to borrow money from us.

Another day, again I wanted to attract some money, this time specifying the amount 1.000.000$.I visualized the money, how happy I and my family are, we are able to buy whatever we want etc...Then in a few weeks we found a  paper at the door in which it was written that we had 1.000.000$ debt to a bank, related to my father's previous company.When I had written these on another forum years ago, an "experienced LOA user" had said that it could be recommended for me to stop using LOA ;D

I tried Eft,Eye Movement Desentization and Reprocessing techniques and they didn't cause opposite results, I attracted the things I focused upon.I mean, while using these techniques I focused upon the negative things to resolve them but instead of resolving I attracted those negative things into my life.

There are more examples of course but I don't want to go into more detail.The last example I want to write here is, in the last  months I have been contemplating about parallel realities and that how everything I can imagine is actually "real". I tried to convince myself about that concept and while visualizing I imagined that we were very rich and I imagined I had the things which I wanted to have and felt the relative positive emotions.I have done this for about 4 days(about 15-20 minutes each day) Then today I noticed that my mother was looking worried and when I asked about the reason, she told me her concerns about our family's current economical situation.

I have been using LOA for many years.I had so many synchronicities but most of them were not consciously intented by me, they are mostly something like "I had thought about X and the next day I saw that X happened".If you ask me if I have fear while doing visualizations, my answer is yes, generally a lot.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:15:06 PM by MichaelKnight »