Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Being blocked on Facebook! What makes people do it??  (Read 1432 times)

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1205
  • -Receive: 1325
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
Being blocked on Facebook! What makes people do it??
« on: August 18, 2018, 12:15:06 AM »
I've always thought this to be very silly, and I don't understand it. Particularly in this experience I have just had, when it has just happened to me, which is beyond stupid.

I know a couple of guys who used to be in a band together and saw their Wikipedia page recently, that had some incorrect info on which I corrected. I then saw a guy whose name I didn't recognise listed as a drummer with the band. I found the guy on FB and sent him a message, asking him if he used to be a drummer and that I was trying to clear up an incorrect Wikipedia entry. His profile pic had a very cute dog like one belonging to my friend and I complimented the dog. He replied and asked why I was asking, so I told him. He then said "I did session work for a lot of bands. I was given music and i played my piece. That was it really in those days. Sorry i cant help you more" then he mentioned the name of one of the guys I know. I asked about the dog's name and he told me.

Just chat really. But the guy has now blocked me! It is bizarre. I wonder where he is coming from.  Do you think he thinks I fancy him and am trying to come on to him or something? Nothing could be further from the truth! I have never met him and his picture doesn't do a thing for me. Now the dog is cute, but he's not! Maybe he thinks I am going to pester him? Which I really was not going to. He didn't really give me the info I wanted as he said he can't remember so that is the end of that.

What I don't get is I was giving out no vibes, nothing. I had no expectations, got the info I wanted, that was the end of it. I'm not interested in the bloke. So why act like this? I feel quite affronted at this and rather amused too, so I wonder how people who get blocked by people they care about feel?

Just a bit of insight into the silly blocking phenomenon!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:23:40 AM by siamesegirl »

Offline alexburke

• SpiritualTec.com + SpiritualTec@gmail.com
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 74
  • -Receive: 406
  • Innovating & Evolving
    • View Profile
Re: Being blocked on Facebook! What makes people do it??
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 04:50:48 AM »
Social media is strong on negative and positive peoples brain chemistry. Difficult people = negative in outlook also have an easier time conquering the social media scene then the positive people. The more use of the social media outlet the more addicting those reactions are which can be the blocking of people.

They are not controlled completely by the blocking action of course it just seems more appealing and might find an easier time finding supporting evidence to do so even while it might be to little real significance.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:52:35 AM by alexburke »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1205
  • -Receive: 1325
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 12:26:35 PM »
Social media is strong on negative and positive peoples brain chemistry. Difficult people = negative in outlook also have an easier time conquering the social media scene then the positive people. The more use of the social media outlet the more addicting those reactions are which can be the blocking of people.

They are not controlled completely by the blocking action of course it just seems more appealing and might find an easier time finding supporting evidence to do so even while it might be to little real significance.

But isn't it just me pushed out?

Offline MrMaverick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 478
  • -Receive: 1061
  • Veni, vidi, vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 12:29:36 AM »
But isn't it just me pushed out?

This is the kinda shit that keeps people from progressing.

I'll save you decades of mind fuck.

Simple answer is YES. It is you pushed out.

How?
Does that really matter now? Like really, does that really matter now?
You're already blocked aren't you? Accept that somehow it's you pushed. You may not know the part of you that caused this. And that is totally fine.

I suggest you read all 5 core lectures of Neville over and over until you perfectly understand the context in which he asserts The whole world is you pushed out.

The premise for this claim is that your entire reality is sum total of your experiences so far. Consciousness is the only reality.
You can't just isolate one event, situation or person from your overall experience and assess it autonomously.

Now, this is very difficult to do as you won't be able to recall most of memories that were responsible for shaping your belief system in a subtle, unnoticeable way.

So the best way is to revise the incident and thus replace the memory with something that you prefer you would rather have experienced.

Tags: