Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: What kind of effect does RS have on Narcs and Sociopaths?  (Read 1264 times)

Offline sashashae

• Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 37
    • View Profile
What kind of effect does RS have on Narcs and Sociopaths?
« on: August 10, 2018, 07:11:05 AM »

I’ve been wondering how those who suffer from personality disorders are affected by RS.  I had an ex who was a narcissist who seemed almost incapable of Love.  Rather he was in love with feeding his ego, not really with me.  Can a person who legitimately has this cognitive disorder be affected by RS in the same way a neurotypical person would?  Would they even understand , let alone be able to process these feelings of love?  My instinct says yes but it would take longer since they may be unfamiliar with those feelings?
Does anyone have any experience doing RS on someon with a personality disorder like Narcissism or sociopathy or BPD?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 07:12:50 AM by sashashae »
Stillness is the move

Offline MrMaverick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 477
  • -Receive: 1051
  • Veni, vidi, vici
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of effect does RS have on Narcs and Sociopaths?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 08:20:03 AM »
LOL!

It has got nothing to do with fucking nothing..
You think your ex was a narcisist?
Guess what? Takes one to know one.

Please! For fucks sake! Don’t buy into that bullshit.
There is no other explanation for someone falling for a so called narcissist unless they’re narsicist themselves.
Empath and narcissist are two sides of the same coin.

Someone who isn’t really a narcissist, wouldn’t give two shits about narcissists. They will take all their money and run away as far as they can trying to avoid that narcissist like a plague.

How does RS work in this context? The same way as in any other context.
Only difference is there are now two narcissists pretending to be empaths trying to prove how other one is a  narcissist.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 66
  • Life is one great adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 08:41:57 AM »

I’ve been wondering how those who suffer from personality disorders are affected by RS.  I had an ex who was a narcissist who seemed almost incapable of Love.  Rather he was in love with feeding his ego, not really with me.  Can a person who legitimately has this cognitive disorder be affected by RS in the same way a neurotypical person would?  Would they even understand , let alone be able to process these feelings of love?  My instinct says yes but it would take longer since they may be unfamiliar with those feelings?
Does anyone have any experience doing RS on someon with a personality disorder like Narcissism or sociopathy or BPD?

It is an interesting question.

My father, who is a raging narcissist, is insanely attractive to women and apparently (ew!) an incredibly good lover. My sister once read an article in Cosmopolitan about ‘the best fuck you ever had’ with a few women talking about their, experiences... and one was HIM!!! With details. Horrific, but unfortunately beyond doubt. Eeeeeewwwwwwwww.

I am now certain he’s a master at RS but I believe it is entirely unconscious... i.e. oh yes he USES it to full advantage but he does not know it is a science or an art haha.

But whether they are AFFECTED by RS. Mmm. I wonder. I’m thinking about this..

Often sex remains the only way of connecting with another human being, for people who have been this traumatized and alienated.
After all narcissism comes from incredibly deep insecurity- lack of safety to be yourself and be vulnerable.
Realise that does still not address the question...

Offline sashashae

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »
I’m a narcissist because I dated someone for a few months who may have been? Lol ok. Thanks for your clinical diagnosis dr. Maverick. For the record I’m not doing any RS on the alleged narcissist because I did run in fear for the hills. Why on earth would I want someone like that? I posed my question because I was legitimately curious about the limitations of RS and RI I was curious as to how RS might impact someone who was “textbook “ incapable of feeling empathy. I  am also curious about people with aspbergers and how RS affects them. I had a boyfriend with aspbergers and he had alot difficulty expressing his feelings and understanding love .  So I’m just really curious.

Offline Alchemy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 187
  • Transmutation Of Matter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:55:47 AM »
Psychopath and sociopaths are mutually exclusive on the pathological and psychopathological spectrum; contrarily, psychopathics are charismatic, and sociopaths are antisocial. Ted Bundy brutally slaughtered over 30 women- highly educated, witty and strikingly handsome. Psychopaths are innately sympathetic magicians, because they’re the symbolic representation or resemblance of others moods and feelings, while being removed from those emotions and driven by an even deeper appetite- the dark aspect of the human psyche..Aspergers conversely, is incapable of mimicking social cues- they find the participatory nature of social rituals to be disingenuous and mentally draining; while investing extraordinary will, focus and intent on narrow interest. The acquisition of magick is abstract, complex and scattered- hence it’s a magnetic antidote for atypicals; neurotypicals would consensus this forum delusional.

Offline possum-power

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 66
  • Life is one great adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 09:17:37 AM »
Yes, Alchemy... very good points about opposite ends of the scale in terms of empathy.

Kind of... narcissists and psychopaths, vs empaths (incl. autistics) and sociopaths? Fascinating.

Narcissism is ‘fight’ survival machanism gone nuts. You are locked in your hall-of-mirrors where any direction you look, any other person you look towards... all you see is yourself, yourself, yourself.
In this context, locked on that prison... you are incapable of empathy.

Autism is ‘freeze’ sirvival mechanism gone nuts. Dissociation ... which is what happens when you ‘freeze’, (it’s almost like your soul departs your body temporarily)... it strongly linked with altered states of consciousness. Which of course is strongly linked to telepathy and potential connection with others... also animals, nature etc.

So I think my answer would be that NO you could not get through to someone with extreme narcissism using RS. Their defenses against emotional infiltration and involvement on a psychic level with others would be just waaaaay too strong. They would figure out many creative ways of not getting emotionally attached or involved.

Imagine how awful that would be, if you felt others’ feelings, while you were hurting and exploiting them! That would be the risk. No way. Total lockdown is far better than that.

Interested to see others’ opinions!!

Note: narcissists are strongly attracted to empaths, yes because they are are open and can be used and exploited reeeeeally well.
But I think more than that... I think also their psyche yearns for connection so much, so deeply. Maybe they kind of also use them/need them to experience a little feeling  ‘by proxy’. Who knows.
Look at Trump and his wife. That’s an extreme example.

Offline MrMaverick

• Thank You
  • Veni, vidi, vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
I’m a narcissist because I dated someone for a few months who may have been? Lol ok. Thanks for your clinical diagnosis dr. Maverick. For the record I’m not doing any RS on the alleged narcissist because I did run in fear for the hills. Why on earth would I want someone like that? I posed my question because I was legitimately curious about the limitations of RS and RI I was curious as to how RS might impact someone who was “textbook “ incapable of feeling empathy. I  am also curious about people with aspbergers and how RS affects them. I had a boyfriend with aspbergers and he had alot difficulty expressing his feelings and understanding love .  So I’m just really curious.

So.. do you deny being an Empath?

Offline sashashae

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 09:51:29 AM »

So.. do you deny being an Empath?

I deny being a narcissist, I think a lot of people posess traits of empath. I certainly don’t possess all of them though.  I don’t go bananas in crowds because I can’t handle the emotional energy.  I don’t get overwhelmed by emotion or try to fix people. I don’t feel other people’s emotikns or absorb their feelings   But I’m generally a good decent nice fucking Person who is kind and will go out of my way to trust people until they give me a reason not to.  If that makes me an empath sure. I’ll own it.

Offline MrMaverick

• Thank You
  • Veni, vidi, vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 10:45:11 AM »
I don’t feel other people’s emotikns or absorb their feelings

That’s exactly what narcissist is!!! LOL

Offline sashashae

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:27 AM »
I like how I asked a simple question that literally stemmed from my curiosity about how RS affected people with personality disorders literally so I could understand the limitations of RS, that’s it.  Purely a scientific question lol.  , and here comes dr fucking maverick turning this into a CBT session and diagnosis me as a narcissist.  Thanks for your professional opinion.  I’ll be sure to take it into consideration.
Remind me to never ask a question on this absurd forum again ever. 

Offline Night-Eyes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 776
  • -Receive: 843
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 11:28:58 AM »
Mav stop winding the poor girl up....

Narcissistic is a label getting banded about so freely these days, it's like the cool disorder to give people that piss you off because you can't understand their behaivour or something...

We could all sit here and call ourselves Narcs, simply because we're sat here creating our own destiny's and trying to bend the will of people for our own gain... doesn't mean we are does it? ... no because there's more to us than we reveal.

Being narcissistic doesn't mean being incapable of love or any other emotion... it's tied into trauma and coping... it's skewed schemas and very fragile self esteem... so would rs work? well yes I guess so... because you would be feeding their very fragile ego with love... not sure they'd be acting on it or returning that love anytime soon...

Offline MrMaverick

• Thank You
  • Veni, vidi, vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
Aye look! Nighty is here!

@shashashe you wittingly attracted an actual CBT professional here - Night-Eyes

Aside from what you said - I’d rather remind you not to ask absurd question.
Everything that we discuss here is done in everyone’s own mind. There is nothing more philosophy to learn.

Although I do agree that there are some whacky shit that gets discussed here. For example - correlation between RS and personality disorders.

It affects just the same as normal, like I said in my first post.

You actually have better chance of learning this shit if you jusbplaybwith it and not come up with stupid questions like this.

Offline Cam~

• Ice Princess
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 156
  • Tell it like it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »

Everything that we discuss here is done in everyone’s own mind. There is nothing more philosophy to learn.

Although I do agree that there are some whacky shit that gets discussed here. For example - correlation between RS and personality disorders.

You actually have better chance of learning this shit if you jusbplaybwith it and not come up with stupid questions like this.
Get off your fucking high horse and take that giant stick out of your ass while you’re at it.

ANYWAY - it’s an interesting question, but wouldn’t be answered considering no one owns up to having such a disorder. People can only go by observation with this I guess.

Offline sashashae

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 09:31:27 PM »

Get off your fucking high horse and take that giant stick out of your ass while you’re at it.

ANYWAY - it’s an interesting question, but wouldn’t be answered considering no one owns up to having such a disorder. People can only go by observation with this I guess.

Thank You CAM,
I appreciate your diplomatic response. I am intrigued by the subject and I thought it might be interesting to put up for debate, and debate is what I got apparently lol.

As an aside, its truly sad when people troll strangers on the internet blasting them with their own judgments, because who the fuck are you to be my jury, judge and executioner. So that being said, Ill ask any questions I damn well please. I dont care if you think it is stupid or not. Move on if you dont approve.

@Maverick And next time you come for me, make sure you use correct grammar. As a University professor I tend to pass judgment on those who try to pass themselves off as superior while passing down judgement and putting down others when they cant even form a proper fucking sentence and use correct grammar.....
If that makes me a narcissist then Im glad to stand up for myself against mysgonist men like you and proudly be one.
Have a lovely day.

Offline Cam~

• Ice Princess
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 156
  • Tell it like it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 10:17:28 PM »
Like I’ve said before on this forum, some people here post around like their shit don’t stink. Everyone wants to act like an expert when NO ONE is. We go by our own experiences. Period.

Tags: