Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Job hunting progress...  (Read 251 times)

Offline Imitation_deg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 486
  • -Receive: 282
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Job hunting progress...
« on: August 10, 2018, 01:54:24 AM »
Well...
Iím still kind of in my funk but I donít know whatís going on.  Iíve been unemployed for one month now, having left my career-job about four months ago.
I have a great resume and there is no excuse why I canít find a job.  Just the challenge is is someone seeing my resume...and getting a job that I WANT and PAY that I want.  Goal is to make more than my last and be in a leadership position.

Iíve looked and looked and try to spend at least four days a week looking and applying...maybe in the beginning I was only applying to higher level positions and I had a few leads but nothing happened.  Finally decided to lower my bar a little...
Maybe I do have confidence issues in being a leader in my field so I figured maybe apply to jobs that would enhance my skills and make me more valuable and instill more confidence in myself.

This, however, I realize may have nothing to do with my work performance, but rather something within me that makes me lose my confidence.  (I am addressing so much in therapy, I am all over the place.)  Perhaps I havenít gotten my ďdream jobĒ yet because I have a lot of blockage in me that I need to clear?  Not just in my career but in my life because as I delve more into my issues...I see a lot of negative changes in my relationships with people.

Well, then I got desperate and just started applying to anything...anything that I could possibly get interested in, even started looking outside of the state.
But recently....
I told myself....
I am open to whatever opportunity the Universe will give me.  I trust in the Universe to give me what I need right now...because honestly I donít know what I need right now.  I am confused with my life at the moment and am lacking a lot of direction but I know there is a long term goal somewhere.  Just trust in the Universe to take me there.
Whatever hardship I have right now...it is to learn something and release something within me that needs to be released...
Iíll grow from it.  But Universe knows best...

So in a weekís time, I got 8 interviews.  Two of them, people found me.  A couple of them, I had networked.  And all the others, I applied to a while back and just heard back.  Some are lower-quality opportunities that I had considered at one point, but rejected because it was not right for me.
But kinda nuts, no?  Hardly had any and now theyíre flowing in.
I even negotiated a rate and that was the first time I did that and it was way easier than expected.

Hopefully the right one will come along.  Iím scattered at the moment and I need to figure out a direction....
But yeah I didnít expect this.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline AngelusofftheSea

• The Forum Angel
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 594
  • -Receive: 559
  • Magnum opus. Amor vincit omnia
    • View Profile
Re: Job hunting progress...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:09:06 AM »
Awesome!

You turned on the tap and many interviews are now coming in. See the end result of the job type you want, salary you want, type people you want to work with.

Have fun with it, do a couple things out of ordinary when led to, get out of your comfort zone and maybe volunteer for an event that people in your field would be at, network, do whatever you are led to and wonderful things will continue to flow in.

Be open to it, keep positive and be clear what you are looking for. Keep going I am sure you will have a fantastic job, beyond what you hoped for.

Believe in your skills, you and your power to bring it to you.

Relax, release any lingering worries if any and just enjoy the process.

Ground and center, meditate or find some quiet time so your energy isn't so scattered. Trust in your power.

As for the funk do what you can to be grateful for all the good things you do have, all the great interviews and it is OK, not all is great all the time it is life. It is learning to deal with your emotions, master your life and truly learn from each experience. Now at least with contrast you can tell what you don't want, so see the opposite and concentrate on the good, and what you do want. There is a whole world, great new jobs, careers all waiting for you to experience and chose the best one for you.

Happy for you, keep the tap turned on and let it all come to you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:28:29 AM by AngelusofftheSea »

Offline Imitation_deg

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:55:13 AM »
Thank you, Angel.  You were very helpful.  In my last post, that mantra you gave me really helped me, I feel.
I just got out of an interview...2nd interview for a job that I was surprised that they even considered me for.  I think I am a weak candidate, truthfully, but that is okay.  Probably not the best job for me but I am intrigued by it because it would give me more skills that could add to my success...it is out of my comfort zone but I am still curious about it.  Open to what the Universe thinks is right for me.

Yes I just have to keep doing what Iím doing...
The right opportunity will come for me.  Hopefully my flow doesnít stop but just wanted to thank you for your help and iíll try my best to keep positive.

Offline AngelusofftheSea

• The Forum Angel
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 10:46:54 AM »
I am glad it helped, but truly it is all you.

The interviews are great to get you out there and in the alignment of the great job that will come in.

You can see yourself as a good candidate that matches what they are looking for. Perhaps they want to be able to train you their way! Sometimes it is easier for the company, to find a person that is willing to learn it the way they want it done. One that would be grateful for the job and new training.

If that resonates maybe try that.

If you really want the job see it offered, as a great match, and they would love training.

Either way, you are doing wonderful. You will have a successful interview with the perfect job soon, great employer, good pay and wonderful co workers.

Keep having fun, and enjoying all the new contacts. You never know where they might lead.

See the end result of exactly what you want.

Keep us updated.

Huge hugs and truly lots of love sent your way.

I am proud of you reaching beyond your prior thoughts and going for it. Takes courage and you have shown that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:51:10 AM by AngelusofftheSea »

Offline Imitation_deg

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 11:06:14 PM »
Wow I didnít realize that I posted this thread in the wrong section.  My bad!

Well....
So I had eight interviews scheduled but completed six of them up to this point.

-1 was an immediate hire by a friend trying to help me out when gigs come around and so far, there hasnít been any.
-2 jobs I refused because pay was too low and also not what I wanted to do.
-2 jobs Iím waiting for it to materialize.  Going back and forth with recruiters.
-1 job is being held up by HR but am waiting for the second interview.  Boss from my last job is helping me get this job.
-2 jobs I did not get.  One I didnít want so I kinda sabotaged the interview...it was the second interview and I was just wondering what they saw in me to bring me in for a 2nd interview.  They liked me but I was inexperienced I guess.  But it was good interview practice.  And another job I would have liked but also a bit inexperienced.  (Both not my dream jobs)

And FINALLY had an I interview yesterday that felt right....
I was way experienced for the job so I knew I was going to get hired, walking in.
Well...they hired me on the spot.
But what is promising about this...they loved what I did at my last job and want to mimic my role at their station.  They said I was too good for the job and they were interested in developing me and growing me into a leadership position.  And they said they they could take me a step up above my last place.
Only problem is I donít know my pay rate.  They didnít talk about it but I will get an offer letter soon and they are offering me freelance, so it gives me flexibility to cross train on everything, rather than being tied down to one role.

I honestly donít know what I did specifically.  All I know is that I loved what I was doing at my last job and was ready for my next promotion of being a supervisor/running the place.
I wanted the exact scenario, working under leaders that wanted to mentor me and was interested in my development and would give me all the time in the world to train on anything that I wanted.  Also I wanted to work in a friendly environment where I got along with everybody, where there were equal number men and women.  Also location needed to be on the west side because I wanted to move back to that area and I was using work as an anchoring point.  Pay I was thinking at least 10k more than my last position.

And go figure...my boss who was my #1 supporter was let go due to politics and it turned out he applied for a manager role at that new place but he didnít get hired.  It would have been nuts if he was going to be my boss again!  (Which is something I wanted because it was him that had me train on everything)

I havenít started yet and I donít know the pay/hours but everything looks promising, right?
Iím still looking though but in the meantime...
Grateful for the opportunity!

Offline AngelusofftheSea

• The Forum Angel
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 01:08:36 AM »
I was way experienced for the job so I knew I was going to get hired, walking in.
But what is promising about this...they loved what I did at my last job and want to mimic my role at their station.  They said I was too good for the job and they were interested in developing me and growing me into a leadership position.  And they said they they could take me a step up above my last place.
Only problem is I donít know my pay rate.  They didnít talk about it but I will get an offer letter soon and they are offering me freelance, so it gives me flexibility to cross train on everything, rather than being tied down to one role.

I honestly donít know what I did specifically.  All I know is that I loved what I was doing at my last job and was ready for my next promotion of being a supervisor/running the place.
I wanted the exact scenario, working under leaders that wanted to mentor me and was interested in my development and would give me all the time in the world to train on anything that I wanted.  Also I wanted to work in a friendly environment where I got along with everybody, where there were equal number men and women.  Also location needed to be on the west side because I wanted to move back to that area and I was using work as an anchoring point.  Pay I was thinking at least 10k more than my last position.

And go figure...my boss who was my #1 supporter was let go due to politics and it turned out he applied for a manager role at that new place but he didnít get hired.  It would have been nuts if he was going to be my boss again!  (Which is something I wanted because it was him that had me train on everything)

Awesome! Congratulations. I hope you have fun celebrating. You did fantastic, huge kudos.

Mold this now, to see the rest of what you want, that is perfect for you. See the letter written for the exact amount you want, with bonus.

If quiet works for you do it that way, if music, find the music that resonates, every time it plays see the letter coming, written with exactly what you want. Pay exactly the way you want. Then hear the music and see the scene beyond of you telling a friend, or being congratulated by someone, or even writing here to let me or others know. Anchor it. Have fun living in the scene if you want of working there. ( * method will be in my book released soon, so reserve r)

Co create with them and your boss. See your boss now, suddenly getting offered a better position then he applied for, and in the end being part of your training. If he still so desires, it might happen.

Whatever else you want to happen see it. Help your friend by seeing them get lots of gigs now, and you can do when you have time on side for extra money and fun with them, or they can hire others and do fantastic as well.

So very happy for you. So much more will come of this I KNOW for you. Maybe meeting fun friends, promotions, like you said leadership, a job again leading to a great career. Perhaps even your boss being hired now, and you working together again.

Your happy post made my day. Keep going in joy and update again when you can.

ETA:

and was interested ... I honestly donít know what I did specifically.  All I know is that I loved what I was doing at my last job and was ready for my next promotion of being a supervisor/running the place.
I wanted the exact scenario, working under leaders that wanted to mentor me   

I havenít started yet and I donít know the pay/hours but everything looks promising, right?
Iím still looking though but in the meantime...
Grateful for the opportunity!

You used your power within and made it happen. You aligned your state of being and allowed in, was open to receive. Such great things happened and will continue to.

Huge Hugs.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:43:07 AM by AngelusofftheSea »

Online siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1160
  • -Receive: 1235
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 05:16:42 AM »
Well done. I need to read this. I need a permanent job, and quick!

Tags: