Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Being happy generally vs having specific limiting beliefs  (Read 562 times)

Offline vicky_iisc

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Hi,

This question has been in my mind for some time and I want to get expert opinion on this.

When we are happy, joyous, excited in general, we are at high vibration.  We are not thinking particularly about our specific desire of getting a job/health/relationship etc. but we are happy, say, listening to music, playing the game we love etc. and these things take us to high vibration.

So, when we are at high vibe due to the above,  LOA will start connecting us to the events and situations in our life which match this vibe. 

Now, my question is.. how do our limiting beliefs (I am not good enough/My health is not good etc.) play the role when we are happy generally ?  Will we still move towards our specific goals when we have limiting beliefs in that particular area ?

Will our happiness affect our beliefs or our beliefs will not let us be happy ?  I am assuming that when we are happy for certain time listening to good music, we are not thinking about our specific goals and thus not letting our limiting beliefs in those areas, affect our happiness..

In this case how will LOA connect us to our physical reality ?

Offline DreamsWarp

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 22
  • LoA practitioner, Zen Buddhist, Psychotherapist
    • View Profile
Re: Being happy generally vs having specific limiting beliefs
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 07:44:31 AM »
This is an awesome question. After practicing LoA for some time, along with other things, I say that the BEST thing to manifest is a state of being / consciousness that automatically attracts the BEST manifestations, without you having to pick them out first. I find that the more you practice and master maintaining a high vibration, the less you will feel attached to a specific "thing" to make you feel better. Having the high vibration, along with a strong meditation practice--I believe--will automatically iron out limiting beliefs in all areas. As such, you will again, attract the best things in all areas of your life. This is what I like to call one of the paradoxes of LoA. Many desires that arise, BEFORE you've done the work of eliminating limiting beliefs, are BORN out of those very limiting beliefs, in some way, shape, or form. The further you progress in your practice, the less you will "crave" specific outcomes. So, paradoxically, when you reach the point of "mastery" with LoA, you won't need to manifest anything.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline vicky_iisc

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:19:50 AM »
This is an awesome question. After practicing LoA for some time, along with other things, I say that the BEST thing to manifest is a state of being / consciousness that automatically attracts the BEST manifestations, without you having to pick them out first. I find that the more you practice and master maintaining a high vibration, the less you will feel attached to a specific "thing" to make you feel better. Having the high vibration, along with a strong meditation practice--I believe--will automatically iron out limiting beliefs in all areas. As such, you will again, attract the best things in all areas of your life. This is what I like to call one of the paradoxes of LoA. Many desires that arise, BEFORE you've done the work of eliminating limiting beliefs, are BORN out of those very limiting beliefs, in some way, shape, or form. The further you progress in your practice, the less you will "crave" specific outcomes. So, paradoxically, when you reach the point of "mastery" with LoA, you won't need to manifest anything.

Good answer, and it is slightly deep. Can you please elaborate on this paradox ? Is having specific desire wrong ?  Is it important to remove limiting beliefs first ? 

If being happy/excited/joyous is all it takes for our life to become that, why does this forum contain so many posts and so many threads ?  All we should concentrate on is : generating the feeling of being happy and it should take care of the physical reality being reflected.

Is LOA really that simple ? I am not asking if it is easy (of course being in a happy state when things are going wrong, requires discipline)..  but is it simple ?

Like weight loss, the concept is simple.. eat lesser calories than you spend.. and you will start losing weight.  Then why are so many techniques.. so many experts, so many gyms, so many books written world over on weight loss and still almost all the concepts of weight loss boil down to a simple calorie formula.. you eat lesser calories than you spend.  It is not easy, but it is simple.

Is mastering LOA similar to weight loss ?  Is training our mind to be happy is what we should always target whatever be the current physical reality ? Will being happy take care of other things or am I missing something ? Are all LOA techniques simply the means of taking us to happy state ? The technique doesn't matter as long as it results in taking our mind to a happy state ?

Really, is it that simple or am I missing some concept of LOA ?

Offline DreamsWarp

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 22
  • LoA practitioner, Zen Buddhist, Psychotherapist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 08:44:57 AM »
In my opinion, you are on the right track. LoA is simple just as being present is simple, and eating right is simple. Untrained minds (most minds) complicate the shit out of it. I fall prey to that as well, but I believe I've come a long way. Unfortunately, because our minds can complicate things SO much, we sometimes need to reach these complicated places through what seems to be complicated solutions. With regard to Paradoxes of LoA--you asked for more this, I recommend you watch this video. It's one of the ones on my YouTube channel. On the channel, I attempt to bring together LoA, with Zen Buddhism, and modern psychology (I work as a psychotherapist in my day job). The video, I think, covers EXACTLY what you're talking about and the paradox I refer to. Hope you enjoy this....I think you will:

https://youtu.be/hFwndi2dj6c

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 587
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
Beliefs (and limiting beliefs) are only mentally constructed ideas that become dogmatic for people, just as much as desires are and as such they are just as fallible as each other.
There is absolutely zero substance or truth behind them, yet people cling onto them with all of their strength as they feel it's what defines them and makes them who they think they are and are not. Many people struggle through life because they attach themselves to these dogmas instead of gliding their way through and just observing what happens.

To determine why a "a high vibe" makes everything easier, we need to look at what a high vibe is....
Everything is energy that vibrates at particular frequencies.
Energy has the potential to attract like magnetism and also induce other energies.

Desires indeed are often are born out of wanting as DW stated previously. Wanting, struggling, needing, craving, etc are all mindsets that are of particular energetic vibrational frequencies that attract and induce more of the same. You may get the desire but you'll always get more of the same mindset too, so you'll never be truly happy or satisfied until the mindset changes.

The freedom from attachment becomes the catalyst for reaching those "higher vibes."
It is that simple.

Tags: