Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Attracting too much?  (Read 538 times)

Offline JulieDB

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 76
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Attracting too much?
« on: June 01, 2018, 03:11:43 PM »
I don't want to come across as if I am boasting. I'm not. I just don't understand what is happening or why.

Some years ago before the Internet, I had something similar happen. I had not even heard about LOA yet, but I was in fact using it on my own.

I was not looking for a man. Was happily single. And yet? I was attracting men like crazy. I didn't know how to make it stop so I did the only thing I could think of at the time. I wrote to two Astrology magazines. Both featured me in them. At that point in time, there were things in my chart that caused this to happen. And it continued to happy for about a year.

I'm sure some of you would not see this as a problem but it was for me because while I was attracting them in abundance, I don't think any were right for me. Most of the time, they came on too fast and furious for me. While I felt that I didn't really know them well, I also felt like I didn't want to know them well because of how they came across to me. And that was mostly needy, desperate, pushy and wanting marriage.

I finally decided just to wait this out by trying not to go out unless I had to. Work, shopping, etc. I'm a real people person so this self inflicting holing up at home wasn't super pleasant for me. But finally whatever this phase in my life was, ended and I was able to have a relationship and got married.

Marriage was a bad one. I am now divorced and that's a good thing. But... I feel like I haven't even fully recovered from the divorce and made myself a whole person again and yet this attracting men like crazy thing is happening again!

This time it is far worse because it is not only happening in real life but online. Some people in my real life are telling me to stop flirting. I don't feel that I am. I even asked them what I was doing specifically and they couldn't tell me. They have witnessed men falling all over me but they can't tell me specifically what it is that I am doing to cause this. And this time this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Except that in some cases there is a big age difference. Mind you, they haven't asked me out or anything like that but there is a lot of flirting going on from them and they are taking the time to talk to me a little more each time I encounter them.

The online stuff is a different story. Almost all of these guys live in other places. If not other states then other countries. One guy is local but I chatted with him for long enough to know that he isn't my cup of tea. Mind you, I am not hooking up with them at a dating site but another forum much like this one but it's not for LOA. It's for writing. I am a writer.

Some people do contact me merely because they like my stories or they want to discuss aspects of writing with me. Fine. That's why I go there.

But sometimes men start PMing me and then the next thing I know they are envisioning a life together with me or at least somehow finding a way to hook up with me. I never considered any of these people to be a potential real life mate as they are so far away.

But things are snowballing. Sometimes I have 5 or 6 of them PMing me at once and they are beginning to get jealous, wanting me to talk to only them.

I did progress to talking on the phone to a guy in another country. We have wonderful conversations and I do enjoy talking to him. I think we have been in contact with each other for about three weeks. Then just a few hours ago, he said really wanted to fly out here to take me out for coffee or dinner or whatever I wanted and began hinting around that he wanted some sort of commitment from me. Like that I wouldn't talk to other guys online. Only him. I was like... Whoa! Neither of us are young and this sort of thing sounds to me like something young people might do. But not people our age! There is no way I would even consider moving to his country much less visiting it. And now he said he will be coming to the US to a state on the east coast for other reasons and wants to take a flight over here to the west coast just to see me. My head is spinning.

And another thing. I've been talking to another guy online for about 21 years now. Perhaps longer. We met up on yet another forum. That forum had a chat room. He and I were the moderators. We are no longer moderators as so few people use the chat room. It was mainly the two of us. He kept begging me to chat with him but I find him to be rather boring. I felt that he was lonely though so I would try to go in there perhaps two or three times a week for a few minutes. And then out of the blue he told me that he was in love with me! He's in another state too. I pointed out to him that we have nothing in common. Nothing! And that I had never seen him as a love interest nor could I. I felt in his case that I could be blunt because I have known him for so long. But he started getting pushy with me and angry with me. I left the chat and never went back.

So... Maybe this is more venting than anything else. I'm not sure anyone here has a solution for this. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps I am going through another astrological cycle like I did before. I heard an astrologer on the radio say that this is going to be a big, dramatic year for those of us who are 27 and 58 yeas of age. She didn't mention romance but did say that if we worked very hard on all aspects of our life and making ourselves better people we would go very far. I have been trying to do that.

I was doing RS one one specific person but I backed off of that. I let it go and will let the universe decide if that is to be.

But... What of all these other men? I feel like I am just being me. Just being who I am. I don't feel like I am doing anything to attract them and yet I am. The big problem I am having is coming up with a way to deal with it. I have tried to tell them that I am not looking for a relationship. Mostly they say that they are not either, but then later, they begin falling in love or seem smitten by me or whatever and it's getting too much for me to handle. I hate having to be the bad guy here, especially since I do enjoy chatting with them. They just don't seem like my cup of tea either at least as potential mates.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1175
  • -Receive: 1265
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
Re: Attracting too much?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:13:56 PM »
Not heard from you for a while Julie.

Offline JulieDB

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 76
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
Yeah. I have peeked in here a few times but LOA is really working for me. Still have abundance in the "love" department. This is a bit sad because I now have a man and we have an exclusive relationship so I have to turn the others away. This sometimes leaves them sad or angry. And that makes me sad because I'm all about happiness and spreading love and light. Otherwise my life has been great! I think sometimes people come here when they are seeking answers. I just now came here because I'm bored. My guy is dealing with some issues that don't involve me, otherwise we'd be chatting right now. Hope you are doing well too!

Offline Mr Brightside

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 144
  • -Receive: 6837
  • Now I am Power Stefzilla! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 08:26:34 AM »
To be honest your story felt all over the place, just reading it, didnt seem like you had a steady stream of thought... which actually ties in with my answer... your energy it too random and unfocused.

The real question is what do you want? Do you even know what that is at this point, unless you know you cant attract it. Without clear focus you will keep getting random people from all over, who are all throwing different things at you.... just stick to what you want and narrow it down.

Offline BlackCat

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 11:58:51 PM »
As Mr Brightside says, it seems you aren't sure of what you want in a soulmate and the universe throw random men at you that most of time aren't your type or too much attached etc...for this with LOA we should be really specific about what we want in a partner, otherwise the universe would get "confused" and send the opposite you want. I try to focus only on a specific person (or a unknown future partner in your case) because it works better to create the ideal reality to attract them. Try to write what you want for a partner and read it, be very specific about everything and not put negative sentences of course. Maybe someone that is more experienced than me could give you more detailed advice :).

Tags: