Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Some Insight on Social Media while dating would be helpful :)  (Read 207 times)

Offline hopelessromantic

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing great. I met a guy about two months ago and we have been getting a long so well. We live 2 hours from each other though and don't get to spend much time together often. We've been on three dates so far and they have been absolutely wonderful.

We follow each other on social media and I noticed he had some old pictures of him and his ex (from 1.5 years ago). I naturally clicked on it and looked at her profile for a bit. Then I noticed that he still likes every single picture she uploads. They are really cool pictures too, she has been traveling and doing a lot of fun things. It made me feel a bit worried and now I think he still has feelings for her.

I know I should not be thinking this and I need help. What can I do to overcome these insecurities and jealousy? I thought he was interested in me and now I am doubtful. I only want to project loving feelings but I am projecting jealous, doubtful, and upset feelings  :( :(

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1133
  • -Receive: 1174
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
Re: Some Insight on Social Media while dating would be helpful :)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 09:58:50 PM »
I'm not a massive social media user except for work. However I am in contact with an ex of mine from many years ago, whom I split up with rather acrimoniously at the time. I'm so glad we're now in contact and very happy about our chats. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be serious about someone else. The two things have nothing to do with one another and if I was in a relationship I'd still keep in touch with him and it would have no bearing on the relationship I'd be in.

Offline Gember

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 35
  • Female. Equal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 09:28:23 PM »
Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing great. I met a guy about two months ago and we have been getting a long so well. We live 2 hours from each other though and don't get to spend much time together often. We've been on three dates so far and they have been absolutely wonderful.

We follow each other on social media and I noticed he had some old pictures of him and his ex (from 1.5 years ago). I naturally clicked on it and looked at her profile for a bit. Then I noticed that he still likes every single picture she uploads. They are really cool pictures too, she has been traveling and doing a lot of fun things. It made me feel a bit worried and now I think he still has feelings for her.

I know I should not be thinking this and I need help. What can I do to overcome these insecurities and jealousy? I thought he was interested in me and now I am doubtful. I only want to project loving feelings but I am projecting jealous, doubtful, and upset feelings  :( :(

I wouldnít worry about it! If my boyfriend hadnít asked me to delete the pictures of us (lol he asked me to delete them when we were broken up ;D ) donít think Iíd ever deleted them. They are a fun part of my life that I donít mind remembering. The fact that he can handle having their pictures on his account so long after they broke up is a sign heís moved on!

Offline -MEDUSA-

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 127
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 11:56:08 PM »

First thing you got to do is get some confidence in yourself. What are you going to do if you two start officially dating and he has a girl for a friend are you going to be jealous about it? Or jealous to any girl he has a conversation with? The priority right now needs to be shifted onto yourself rather than him. If its that easy for you to feel jealous or doubtful over social media and a picture of an ex then you're relationship won't be a stable one.

A way to start having confidence is stop comparing yourself to other people and Stay in your lane. You cannot project loving feelings if you do not love yourself.

The answer to overcoming your jealousy and insecurities will actually come from yourself. Only you know what makes you happy, know what your passion is and what makes you feel free. Usually what you enjoy doing or your passion is what gives you confidence in yourself. If you don't have anything or you haven't discovered anything for yourself then it would be a good time to explore it. This in Law of Attraction terms will shift your vibrations onto a positive track since you wouldn't building up resistance such as negative emotions or belief about your relationship with your guy.

Right now your mindset is looking at people as competition. When you're in a loving vibration you stop seeing people as competition and actually wish nothing but the best for them. You're mindset isn't seeing people as "Me VS You" you're mindset of seeing people is "Us" community based. I point this out because you need to be aware of your own thoughts and feelings if your trying to achieve being in the state of self-love.

At the end of the day its a choice whether you choose to be in self-love or not. Its choice to stay jealous or to be confident in yourself. Also its a choice to be in a negative mindset or a positive mindset. In law of attraction the focus of your attraction is what you'll manifest into your reality.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Tags: