Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: My Success Story with Neville Goddard's Teachings (Specific person, place, etc)  (Read 1578 times)

Offline MA138

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 840
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Hey, everyone! I haven’t been on this forum for over 2 years, but would occasionally lurk around every once in a while. During the last couple of years, I’ve had plenty of success using LOA, or better yet, the power of thought, imagination, etc. I’ve never really been a fan of the term “LOA” as it’s become so commercialized. I do remember there were many fans here of Neville Goddard’s teachings. Why I’ve always been a fan of his work is because his teachings are quite simple, at least to me. I struggled with many aspects of LOA because of misguided teachings from people who really shouldn’t be teaching. I’m referring to many of those “guru’s” who say you need to take inspired action, get in the vortex, vibrations (it’s just feelings, really), etc. All that is irrelevant regarding LOA and just causes more confusion.

I can’t recall exactly who said it on this forum, but I remember a member here saying how LOA is simple, but not easy. Nothing more accurate than that statement. And here is a perfect example of how keeping things simple helped me, and apparently, Neville Goddard himself. For those of you who don’t know of the story on how he went to Barbados, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vNzjnOtpz8&t=

Watch and listen to this video. Then do it again and again, until it sinks in. His desire seemed “impossible” to achieve due to his circumstances. As for my story, it’s actually quite similar to his. Anyway, last year around September, I wanted to go to Los Angeles (West Hollywood to be specific) for work related things and to visit some friends there. I hadn’t been to LA before and after seeing how much fun my friends were having living there, I had the desire to go. I wanted to go around middle of November as it was a friend’s birthday and she was putting on a music/comedy show that I was hoping check out.

The problem? Money was a little tight for me. Technically speaking, I could’ve just taken a cash advance from my credit card, but I was already stressing about paying off my debt and worrying about rent. A round trip to LA at the time was around $600-800 Canadian dollars. Worst case scenario, I told myself that if I can’t make enough money by end of October, I’ll just put it on my credit card even though I really didn’t want to. In other words, I was constantly worrying about the “how” instead of just living in the end.

So after listening to the story of how Neville went to Barbados in his situation, I figured that I have nothing to lose and just try it out. From that moment on, I did the nightly method of assuming I was in LA. I did this every night for almost 2 months and I was getting closer to November now, but nothing was happening. Naturally, I was having my doubts and feeling a bit anxious about the situation, but I continued nonetheless. Then one day in late October, my boss at work comes up to me while I was on break. He tells me how I’m going on vacation. I was like “What the fuck is he talking about?” I thought I won some work related raffle or something. Then he informs me on how I was getting underpaid since I started my job which was about 7 months prior. Apparently, another coworker brought it up to him that we were getting underpaid in our respective positions. We were supposed to be making $3.00 more per hour, than what we currently were making. This coworker found some sort of technicality and my boss went to his higher ups and they confirmed it. So my boss shows me a document of how much money they owed me and that it would appear on my next paycheck, which was the following week. It was a little over $800. This was the first week of November that I got this money and the first thing I did was book my trip to LA for the 15th of November, right around the time I intended to go. The trip cost me $670.

Did I take any “Inspired Action”? No. Did I try to get into alignment with my desire, detach, let go, etc? Absolutely not. I simply slept every night as I were in LA to the best of my ability and look how things turned out. Being underpaid for that many months was a thought that never even occurred to me. My coworker had worked there for 3 years already, and all of a sudden just happens to realize that a few of us were supposed to be making more money. I didn’t lift a finger to make this happen, but just persisted in my imagination and mental discipline, and the amount of money I needed felt as if it came out of nowhere.

That’s the struggle I’ve seen with many people in the LOA community, especially the ex-back one, is lack of mental discipline. From a pure LOA approach, ignoring or not accepting your current undesired reality as final is paramount. Learn about how your subconscious mind works (read up on Joseph Murphy or Jose Silva, to name a couple) and learn how to reprogram your subconscious minds. Many of you don’t have that specific job, specific car, or that specific person because of your subconscious beliefs. Once your subconscious mind believes something to be true, BOOM! Just like magic, it will show up in your physical reality, no matter how “impossible” your situation seems. Keep in mind that just because your desire may be difficult, it doesn’t mean that the method has to be just as difficult.

Here is an example from this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCYZxeWuO34&t=

See what his imagination did for him? Despite the fact that he kept telling himself to not climb a ladder throughout the day, he climbed a fucking ladder LOL. He programmed his subconscious mind to climb a ladder prior to sleep. This is the best time when you’re in Alpha state (once again, read up on Joseph Murphy, Silva, etc). The whole point of telling yourself to not climb a ladder is basically in relation to the amount of doubts we deal with every day (I can’t afford this, my ex won’t talk to me, I don’t have the experience, etc).

I would also advise to stop asking other people what is and isn’t possible regarding LOA. A human is a human with their own doubts, limited beliefs, and negativity. Try it out and prove to yourself what is possible. Stop asking questions or looking for signs and do the work. LOA is not as easy as it sounds, but that’s where you need to train your mind and discipline yourself.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:29:29 AM by MA138 »

Offline Bride

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
Exactly what I needed atm. Thanks a ton. :)

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Journeyman

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
I love reading about Goddard and success stories. thanks

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 439
  • -Receive: 241
    • View Profile
I remember a member here saying how LOA is simple, but not easy.

that was me... at least I wrote it a couple of times but no one ever responded to this :))

last time on the 5th of march:

it is not that easy... simple yes, easy no
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:40:59 PM by yesican »

Offline Call-me-Cé

• Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 175
  • Watch and see
    • View Profile

Did I take any “Inspired Action”? No. Did I try to get into alignment with my desire, detach, let go, etc? Absolutely not.

Well...Yes you did get into alignement with your desire, because you felt it every night, you dived in it every night. And yes you did let go. You let go of the doubt, by soaking your subconscious in your desire you let go of the «what if it doesn't happen?».

Your success story is amazing, but you cannot say that the only thing to do is follow Neville's advice and let the other go. All these teachers, mentors have their own way of explaining things, and what may resonate with you may not resonate with others. Some will believe in Neville's work and have great success, others in Abraham's teachings (just their name because Neville is the one you are preaching about, Abraham the one you are «condemning») and have great success too. So let's not take sides ;)

I really like your story and the insight you are giving, but I just wanted to point out that in our uniqueness, one specific process or way to do things may not work the same for everybody (just as a diet will not give the same results depending on your body type).

In any case, I couldn't agree more about mental discipline!! Things don't happen overnight, persistence is the key.

Offline TurkeyOmelette12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 59
    • View Profile
Honestly, MA138, when I first discovered this forum a few years ago it was your posts that I really got something out of. I have so many of your past posts bookmarked that when I have doubts or need reminding I reopen and read. I've always thought that I'd like to see you return and dole out wisdom again, in fact just a few weeks ago I thought this and here we are. Another great post and so true about mental discipline. Your wisdom is very down-to-earth and keeps it real, while cutting out a lot of this other b.s. out there that does more harm than good (in my opinion). Hope you had a great time in LA!

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 439
  • -Receive: 241
    • View Profile
Did I take any “Inspired Action”?

my thought on this is :
inspired action can be everything that feels good for you as the next thing to do. it does not matter what it is. It is the vibration that counts.
So, as often said: follow your highest exitement in every given moment. Trust your inspiration. It does not have to be directly related to your goal.
Inspired action is what feels good for you right now.

Offline Stone

• Thank You
  • -Given: 153
  • -Receive: 89
  • I have no time to battle egos & small minds 😊
    • View Profile
This is great post in my opinion MA138..some people just want to see the flaws rather seeing the brightest side. This post really made me more confident. Thanks for sharing.

Offline jennadayess

• Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 24
    • View Profile
Your post made me sooo happy! And I completely agree with you to stop listening to other people's beliefs of what's possible and what's not. That's what I have been trying to tell people. And your post also had some valuable information on how to manifest properly. Especially on the part where you say you did not take inspired action, I can say from my personal experience too that I did not take any inspired action to grow taller. I just stayed calm and happy and didn't think about being short. I think what people really need to do is try to avoid as many negative thoughts as they can. The trick is to be as happy as possible :)

Offline daniel90

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 20
    • View Profile

it is not that easy... simple yes, easy no

I think ma138 is trying to say that it required alot of discipline. And that was the key here. 2 months every night doing something like this without results, is really a long time if you think about it.

But look at the way it happened. :

Did I take any “Inspired Action”? No. Did I try to get into alignment with my desire, detach, let go, etc? Absolutely not. I simply slept every night as I were in LA to the best of my ability and look how things turned out. Being underpaid for that many months was a thought that never even occurred to me. My coworker had worked there for 3 years already, and all of a sudden just happens to realize that a few of us were supposed to be making more money. I didn’t lift a finger to make this happen, but just persisted in my imagination and mental discipline, and the amount of money I needed felt as if it came out of nowhere.

The way it happened was so unlikely. He could have been looking through his drawer and found a cash stash he had forgotten about a long time ago. I've found big money that way. No it happened in the way it did, almost as an advertisement to how the loa can do it in the most unlikely unimaginable ways. I mean if there are many ways for the universe to get it done, why pick a headscratcher like that ? Almost as if to prove that there is no such thing as "impossible" in the universe's register.

That’s the struggle I’ve seen with many people in the LOA community, especially the ex-back one, is lack of mental discipline.

Oh he did say it explicitly.  :D

It is a small but very important success. Its a beacon. And the way it happened - even you can't talk yourself out of it no matter how much you think about it. So you will personally stay convinced that this shit works. Its not just coincidences just because you didn't plan the actual route to getting the end result.

And lets not kid ourselves. This is only a small success - $800 is nothing. But, if you pull off two, or say, even just one big one every year, in 5 years you would not recognize yourself. You are going to be alive in 5 years. You were on these forums 2 years ago and look how that time flew. So 5 years will fly too and you're done. Its practically round the corner We can all see that now as being probable.

Even LIKELY.

Congratulations, great post, and great links.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:35:11 AM by daniel90 »

Offline MA138

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 840
    • View Profile
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Another reason why I wanted to share this story was to also open up a discussion regarding LOA.

that was me... at least I wrote it a couple of times but no one ever responded to this :))

last time on the 5th of march:

Indeed it was! I just remembered now that Desideratum was the one I was actually thinking about. He had a good analogy of LOA being like lifting something heavy or working out. It may be difficult at first, but the more you do it, the easier it becomes.

I've always thought that I'd like to see you return and dole out wisdom again, in fact just a few weeks ago I thought this and here we are.

This could be considered a success story. I've been away from this forum for over 2 years. You thought about this a few weeks ago. Last week, I was thinking of coming here to share this story and I did yesterday out of my own "free will". Your thought just created your reality  ;)

Did I take any “Inspired Action”? No. Did I try to get into alignment with my desire, detach, let go, etc? Absolutely not.

Well...Yes you did get into alignement with your desire, because you felt it every night, you dived in it every night. And yes you did let go. You let go of the doubt, by soaking your subconscious in your desire you let go of the «what if it doesn't happen?».

Your success story is amazing, but you cannot say that the only thing to do is follow Neville's advice and let the other go. All these teachers, mentors have their own way of explaining things, and what may resonate with you may not resonate with others. Some will believe in Neville's work and have great success, others in Abraham's teachings (just their name because Neville is the one you are preaching about, Abraham the one you are «condemning») and have great success too. So let's not take sides ;)

I really like your story and the insight you are giving, but I just wanted to point out that in our uniqueness, one specific process or way to do things may not work the same for everybody (just as a diet will not give the same results depending on your body type).

In any case, I couldn't agree more about mental discipline!! Things don't happen overnight, persistence is the key.

Thanks for your comment :)

But I should've been a bit more clear on something. So my apologies. When I was referring things like inspired action, getting into alignment, detaching, etc, these are taught by many LOA coaches and teachers, but they do nothing but confuse people, especially newcomers. I wasn't only referring to Abraham, but let's use her as an example.

Now when I was on these forums a while back, "letting go" confused LOTS of people. They were confused because they were told things like letting go of the desire itself. You have to not care about it or not want it. How can you not care about something you desire? The term itself just confused too many people. Yes, you're correct in how I let go though. I did let go of those thoughts of not having it, the doubts, etc, and not the desire. I let thought of being in LA sink into my subconscious mind to the point where it eventually felt real and believable. Then things happened the way they did. But what exactly does getting into alignment mean? Or being in the vortex, as Abraham would say ;)

My problem I've had with her and many other LOA teachers/coaches is how they go about it. They preach the LOA as if it's some new age spiritual philosophy, when it's just really a law of physics. Let's say I followed Abraham's teachings and somehow I didn't end up in LA. I'd probably be told that I was too attached. Or I don't know what I really want or how the universe has something better me. That to me just justifies failure to achieve my desire. My failure would actually be a lack of mental discipline and persistence. I've actually been told in the past, when I was new to LOA, things like I didn't know what I wanted or the universe knows what I truly want when I wasn't successful with something.

Now my success doesn't make me an expert on the subject, but people having lots of LOA success doesn't make them experts either. That's why I also mentioned reading up on how our subconscious minds work. The Neville Goddard video's are good examples. I'll explain something else regarding those 2 videos. Let's use my story here as the example of going to LA.

We all know what we want (a pay raise, an ex-lover, a billion dollars, etc). Knowing what you want is not enough. Feeling and seeing what you is want you're supposed to do in your mind. As Neville said, "Think from it, not of it". In my story here I wanted to be in LA. Let's assume though that I actually wanted to be in New York, but slept every night as I was in LA. Even though I wanted to go to New York, I'd still somehow end up in LA because my feeling of reality was of being in LA, and not New York.

The ladder experiment video is a perfect example of how our subconscious minds work. The guy was told to not climb a ladder. He had notes and reminders every day to not climb a ladder. In a way, his "want" was to not climb a ladder, but in his mind prior to sleep, he imagined climbing a ladder and seeing and feeling it to be real. And look at what happened? ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:53:39 AM by MA138 »

Offline daniel90

• Thank You
    • View Profile

My problem I've had with her and many other LOA teachers/coaches is how they go about it. They preach the LOA as if it's some new age spiritual philosophy, when it's just really a law of physics.

DING DING DING DING DING !!!! Hot damn you hit the spot ! Said it perfectly ! Wading through the losers just to read that was well worth it !

Offline daniel90

• Thank You
    • View Profile

But I should've been a bit more clear on something. So my apologies. When I was referring things like inspired action, getting into alignment, detaching, etc, these are taught by many LOA coaches and teachers, but they do nothing but confuse people, especially newcomers. I wasn't only referring to Abraham, but let's use her as an example.

Now when I was on these forums a while back, "letting go" confused LOTS of people. They were confused because they were told things like letting go of the desire itself. You have to not care about it or not want it. How can you not care about something you desire? The term itself just confused too many people. Yes, you're correct in how I let go though. I did let go of those thoughts of not having it, the doubts, etc, and not the desire. I let thought of being in LA sink into my subconscious mind to the point where it eventually felt real and believable. Then things happened the way they did. But what exactly does getting into alignment mean? Or being in the vortex, as Abraham would say ;)

My problem I've had with her and many other LOA teachers/coaches is how they go about it. They preach the LOA as if it's some new age spiritual philosophy, when it's just really a law of physics. Let's say I followed Abraham's teachings and somehow I didn't end up in LA. I'd probably be told that I was too attached. Or I don't know what I really want or how the universe has something better me. That to me just justifies failure to achieve my desire. My failure would actually be a lack of mental discipline and persistence. I've actually been told in the past, when I was new to LOA, things like I didn't know what I wanted or the universe knows what I truly want when I wasn't successful with something.

We had a saying back in the day (waay back lol) when I was selling vacuum cleaners door to door. " If you can't convince them, confuse them. "

That actually worked. Over and over again. But you have to talk as if you know what you're talking about, as if the confusing thing you just said is totally sensible. People then get convinced by your attitude and not your words and they buy.

Of course you only resort to confusing people if you don't have enough facts to convince their thinking mind. Clearly these trumped up loa teachers don't know what they are doing, but they see big money there, and they go for it and it works enough for them to keep doing it.

Offline daniel90

• Thank You
    • View Profile

No lets take sides because that's what a discriminating intelligence does. This is a laboratory of science, it is not a country club to hang out.

Anyone who deliberately complicates an otherwise simple thing is probably full of shit and definitely knows it.

Offline daniel90

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Another reason why I wanted to share this story was to also open up a discussion regarding LOA.

I actually came on here to post a new thread with a question, but saw your beautiful follow up so I'll ask it here.

You say discipline is needed to execute an loa practice. I believe Goddard has suggested this too.

Do you think that this is a limiting belief itself ?

If it isn't a limiting belief when you are new, does it eventually become a limiting belief when you get better at it ? You know, like a kid needs training wheels to learn to ride a bike and that helps bigly, but, once she knows how to ride, the training wheels if they stay on limit her speed, ability to take sharp corners, ride in tight spaces, etc ? 

If it is a limiting belief how do you avoid it ?

If it is a necessary limiting belief when new, how do you get rid of it later ?

Tags: