Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: I learned about the Law of Attraction 10 years ago. The results are sobering.  (Read 1527 times)

Offline ubundance

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Hello,

I learned about the law of attraction in 2008. Now we have 2018, ten years have passed. It is time to check the results. And the results are rather sobering, so I am asking myself, what is wrong with me.

I always dreamed of creating a successful company or making something else meaningful for the world, making millions, having an interesting and exciting life. I wanted to attract my dream girl and share my journey with her. And I wanted to experience this kind of success while still young.

I see so many millionaires and met some of them in a person who have become rich creating a meaningful company, or having simply invested in bitcoins at the right time. They are already there where I wanted to be.

I learned a lot about the law of attraction, watched hours long presentations of Abraham on YouTube, lived the illusion of having understood the teaching, tried affirmations, visualization, EFT, and other techniques. I had some success, some achievements. I also feel and know that there is more to the world than meets the eye. But often I have ignored the hint from above and knew only afterward that this might have been a hint.

My situation after 10 years of growing with the law of attraction is sobering. I am very far from millions or an outlook of achieving the life of my dreams anytime soon. I thought I can be and have whatever I can imagine. Now I am 10 years older. The dream of living a rich and successful life in the young years is over. This is already a contradiction: I cannot be rich and young, because 10 years have passed and I cannot attract youth, at least not in this life. But for now, only this life matters to me. I can certainly lie to myself and tell myself that I am young or feel young. And I actually do. But the objective biological youth has passed by for a fact. So attracting reach life while still young is impossible, which makes me sad.

So, time has passed, I worked hard and smart, invested. I now have a company, which is growing. But it is not a multi-million business, and probably will never be. I have created scarcity around myself. I lost money in the last few days during the cryptocurrency crash, despite all the hints from the universe which could have helped me to make more money instead. I have a girlfriend whom I like, but I am not crazy in love with her.

While I am thankful for what I am and have now, this is all so sobering and disappointing. I mean, in all of those success books they tell that I can achieve great things. But after so long period of time, it seems to apply to others but not to me. Why am I not achieving great things? Why am I still living a regular life in scarcity instead of abundance? What do I have to learn?

I know that the universe knows all the shortcuts and know myself better than me. Why am I not letting this knowledge in? Why am I not receiving? Something is definitely wrong. It is either me not getting it, or the whole law of attraction ideology is a lie of half-truth.

I know, this is not really enough data, and possibly a general and very common story. But still, maybe I attract some realization from your suggestions. I am looking forward to your responses.

And thank you very much for reading my long post.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 782
  • -Receive: 6512
    • View Profile
Learning about LOA for 10 or even 100 years can be meaningless. Especially if you "learn" it by reading The Secret or Abraham Hicks. That is a very surface/superficial teaching.

You used the words like: "universe knows", "I' am (not) recieving", I worked hard...
Those indicate that you actually have very little LOA knowledge or understanding.

The "universe" doesn't think and doesn't know anything. You don't recieve anything: nor from the "universe" nor from anyone nor anything else but YOU. And it is not about hard work. It will take too long to explain evertything here in one post but I suggest you question and seek answers for yourself here and in books. One great teacher I like is Thomas Troward (his books can be find for free online) and other is Seth if you want to study long years of metaphysics. He goes much deeper than just "get some cash" lol In fact booth of them are very profound.

Offline luxelifes2k

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 28
    • View Profile
I read somewhere that successful people already feel successful even thru their failures! It's all about keeping a positive mindset and working hard. YOU WILL GET EVERYTHING YOU DESIRE. Do not cave into the negativity or focus on where you're lacking.

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 782
  • -Receive: 6512
    • View Profile
I read somewhere that successful people already feel successful even thru their failures! It's all about keeping a positive mindset and working hard. YOU WILL GET EVERYTHING YOU DESIRE. Do not cave into the negativity or focus on where you're lacking.

Sure there is no such thing as 'failure" ... those experiences can learn you what no succes can.

Offline JJ2

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 8
    • View Profile
It is never too late.
Raymond Kroc started making fortune off McDonalds when he was in his 50s.

Offline duhhherrooooo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 41
    • View Profile

Offline Mastool123

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 44
    • View Profile
You can't blame LOA for your lack of achievements , I think you really missed the part that loa is not a magic lamp for the average person , For a highly spiritual person maybe.
Anyway only YOU are responsible for your bussiness and your love life and etc.

Offline satori

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • View Profile
For some of us it can take a really long time to change ourselves/life.  A lot of your post has to do with the dreams you had in the past no longer being a viable option for you and the disappointment that follows.   

Focusing on dreams not coming true, on the law not working for you, failures, obstacles, techniques that didn't work on what you can't have and generating emotions in proportion to it.  Of course it can be natural to feel disheartened when life didn't work as we wanted it to.   It can be a challenge to let go of the past.

So sadly that didn't work out.  I would use my imagination and focus on creating the very best new dream. 

Of course there are lot's of ideas out there, but my own personal experience has been that I do have a limited perspective, but I am also connected to something larger than life itself. 

There are many people who disagree with this and feel like they know what is best for them, and this is all OK too! 

Personally if I had to do it all over again I would have put my attention to developing deep inner knowing, connection and relationship as opposed to reading multiple theories and philosophies.   Knowledge has it's place and I've learned so much from others, and many times when you ask for guidance or wisdom it comes from people.  However there is also personal insight and intuition.

If you want to know where you are going wrong or what you need to change the best way to find that out is to ask the bigger part of you.   

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:24:38 PM by satori »

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 436
  • -Receive: 242
    • View Profile
I have created scarcity around myself.

ok then. You know you created this so from here on you may create something different. 
Let me ask you do you feel some jealousy when you are around very rich and successful people?
Do you understand the concept of having such an emotion?

Offline Kashish

• 🕉
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 332
  • -Receive: 103
  • Goddess
    • View Profile

Hello,

I learned about the law of attraction in 2008. Now we have 2018, ten years have passed. It is time to check the results. And the results are rather sobering, so I am asking myself, what is wrong with me.

I always dreamed of creating a successful company or making something else meaningful for the world, making millions, having an interesting and exciting life. I wanted to attract my dream girl and share my journey with her. And I wanted to experience this kind of success while still young.

I see so many millionaires and met some of them in a person who have become rich creating a meaningful company, or having simply invested in bitcoins at the right time. They are already there where I wanted to be.

I learned a lot about the law of attraction, watched hours long presentations of Abraham on YouTube, lived the illusion of having understood the teaching, tried affirmations, visualization, EFT, and other techniques. I had some success, some achievements. I also feel and know that there is more to the world than meets the eye. But often I have ignored the hint from above and knew only afterward that this might have been a hint.

My situation after 10 years of growing with the law of attraction is sobering. I am very far from millions or an outlook of achieving the life of my dreams anytime soon. I thought I can be and have whatever I can imagine. Now I am 10 years older. The dream of living a rich and successful life in the young years is over. This is already a contradiction: I cannot be rich and young, because 10 years have passed and I cannot attract youth, at least not in this life. But for now, only this life matters to me. I can certainly lie to myself and tell myself that I am young or feel young. And I actually do. But the objective biological youth has passed by for a fact. So attracting reach life while still young is impossible, which makes me sad.

So, time has passed, I worked hard and smart, invested. I now have a company, which is growing. But it is not a multi-million business, and probably will never be. I have created scarcity around myself. I lost money in the last few days during the cryptocurrency crash, despite all the hints from the universe which could have helped me to make more money instead. I have a girlfriend whom I like, but I am not crazy in love with her.

While I am thankful for what I am and have now, this is all so sobering and disappointing. I mean, in all of those success books they tell that I can achieve great things. But after so long period of time, it seems to apply to others but not to me. Why am I not achieving great things? Why am I still living a regular life in scarcity instead of abundance? What do I have to learn?

I know that the universe knows all the shortcuts and know myself better than me. Why am I not letting this knowledge in? Why am I not receiving? Something is definitely wrong. It is either me not getting it, or the whole law of attraction ideology is a lie of half-truth.

I know, this is not really enough data, and possibly a general and very common story. But still, maybe I attract some realization from your suggestions. I am looking forward to your responses.

And thank you very much for reading my long post.

Hii thanks for sharing

I'm glad you shared this with us. This is why they say that we should grab opportunities when they arise. 

I hope you don't mind my saying, as a stranger I can observe certain things like lack and will to change.

Like the part where you mentioned, you have a girl friend. You like her but not crazy in love with her. May I ask why is it so? Appreciate her part in your life.  Praise her. Take initiative. If its still not 'that feeling or love' .  Then move forward.  Yes sorry for being straight forward. How can you make way for that crazy love when you are not feeling the emotions. I cannot comment on your relationship. But in terms of loa, we appreciate the now.  Praise your girlfriend and express gratitude.

You have already learnt so much. It's never enough to know abt loa. Implement it in your life. One thing ppl always complaint is that 'I lived a life of Saint', I am always meditating and still I cannot manifest things '

I kind of dislike Facebook and Instagram lols all I see is ppl being happy and then it create lack in me that why am I still not living that life. I don't know its instant reaction. I can't keep it in check. It's natural. 

It's been 4 years that I had been doing loa and there are certain things which I was not able to manifest and there were certain things which Manifested.  That's when I realised that I need to work on my limiting belief. My only suggestion to you would be try to find out what are your limiting belief. Chart out what you have manifested and what not. There are many good ppl here who might know help you out.

It's all there, we need to Bring it in Reality. How we do that? By mastering our unfocused mind. Trusting and having faith.

Good luck with your future prospects

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:31:58 AM by Kashish »

Tags: