Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Does anyone understand dreams?  (Read 175 times)

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 932
  • -Receive: 910
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
Does anyone understand dreams?
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
I'm not really a believer in dreams as predictions. However I've recently had some upsetting dreams that feature situations that scare me. For example being told at work that I need to focus and work harder (I don't, but I've had some frightening situations in the workplace in the past), losing weight and having loads of baggy skin (I'm currently losing weight but don't have that much to lose so that's not really an issue), losing my cats, being chucked, even being raped, and dreams of my childhood house which was not a happy place.

These aren't long dreams, simply flashes but enough to get the picture, or at least what I remember of them. I'm not sure about any meaning. I don't for a moment believe these are predictions - I never dream about winning the lottery or marrying Bradley Cooper - but dragging up my deepest fears.

I'd be interested in your views and any pointers where I can find out more, in a bit of depth if possible. Cheers!

Offline EvilZeroSc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 263
  • -Receive: 554
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone understand dreams?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »
Dreams are predictions of your future feelings because the conscious mind understands time to be linear.  While to the subconscious mind it isn't a prediction of the future but an experience of the now.  An experience of your feelings right now.  So in that sense they are most definitely predictions of the future to the conscious mind but also indications of the past as well as projections in the now...in relation to future it doesn't always mean that the images in your mind manifest but it means you will manifest those feelings, whatever they are...fear, shame, guilt, sadness..etc.

I've been analyzing my dreams for awhile now...it will never make sense by symbols and pictures alone...even though sometimes they can be straight forward and you understand it.  To understand you dreams just understand where their coming from...your feelings.  The symbols and images are less important then the emotional charge that surrounds them.  Because symbols and pictures can be misinterpreted.  But, feelings are direct.  If you keep it simple, you will always understands your dreams and using the images and symbols as a softcore guidance, but not to be given too much degree of importance over than what you are feeling.  And you decide how you want to use that bit of knowledge of knowing what you are feeling in your dreams to change yourself.  It tells you what you can add more of or get rid of...

Offline Stone

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 54
  • I have no time to battle egos & small minds 😊
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 03:42:50 PM »
I'm not really a believer in dreams as predictions. However I've recently had some upsetting dreams that feature situations that scare me. For example being told at work that I need to focus and work harder (I don't, but I've had some frightening situations in the workplace in the past), losing weight and having loads of baggy skin (I'm currently losing weight but don't have that much to lose so that's not really an issue), losing my cats, being chucked, even being raped, and dreams of my childhood house which was not a happy place.

These aren't long dreams, simply flashes but enough to get the picture, or at least what I remember of them. I'm not sure about any meaning. I don't for a moment believe these are predictions - I never dream about winning the lottery or marrying Bradley Cooper - but dragging up my deepest fears.

I'd be interested in your views and any pointers where I can find out more, in a bit of depth if possible. Cheers!

If these are related to fear then you really need to take your attention towards more positive thoughts. Sometimes negative news, conversation leaves a negative impact on the mind so you need to figure out if it's related to that....but if it's not, it could be related to some sort of psychic attacks by someone( it could be both on conscious & unconscious level). Especially if you're having scary sexual ones. I also had scary dreams more than this in a row & I was sure it wasn't related to my fear because I'd never had nightmares like that in my whole life.
If speaks about solution, you can protect urself by visualising early morning, a white safe light around u, keeping all negative people & situations away from u.
Second, revise those dreams & turn it in exactly whatever u want..which can make u feel good. Another thing you can do, before sleep repeat over & over again to u that u will have positive dreams & if u see any nightmare, u will face it & turn the situation in ur favour.

When I had those nightmares, I said these exact words every night, & one night i was scared to death but then i became lucid during the nightmare & faced it courageously. Since then..no nightmare :).
I hope it helps.

Offline anteres

• Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 73
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 05:53:28 PM »

Dreams have no importance unless you give them importance. Dreams are nothing but the most recurrring thoughts/Hidden fears or a fantasy. I used to dream of getting married to a Dinosaurus. Lolz.
I have seen many kind of weird dreams, some of them were scariest and I still see them. These dreams have absolutely no reference to my reality. In dream I have found myself looking at my body lying on the bed, dead. Later,  I realized that I could go lucid so now I change my dream, make them more fun.

Don't be so attached to a dream unless you are really wanting it.

If you really think you need solutions for these - (though I dont think you really have any problem, you just need to shrug these stupid dreams off your mind) then I Would go with what Stone's said. -

White light, Revision and you could also add Affirmation to it.

But honestly dreams are nothing to be worried about.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:55:19 AM by anteres »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Agnes1986

• Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 66
  • Today I am better that yesterday :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 07:45:51 PM »
I have dreamt of dinosaurs too, LOL, they used to be one of my biggest fears as a child, so I used to dream about them devouring everyone. I think dreams are projections of your feelings, if you have been feeling anxious or abandoned, so on, you generally have streesful dreams. They even relate to how confortable you are in your bed. When I'm cold I usually get nightmares, for example.
However, you can control them very easily if you practice lucid dreaming  :D

Offline EvilZeroSc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 263
  • -Receive: 554
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 12:38:44 AM »
Also, some things I left out that will help to better understand it. 

Sleep is a natural cycle of purging.  As our body cleanse itself so does the mind and spirit.  When we fall asleep the lid covering our emotions are removed and our emotions are free to be expressed in our unconscious state or dreams.  They are free to be processed, so in that way we must experience and feel whatever it is lurking in our subconscious minds...to face our fears unconsciously.  Itís a way of cleansing our spirits.  Itís a way of facing our fears now in the moment, in the dreams so that you donít have to physically unless you continue to hold on to the fear, then it does come to pass.  Or if those fears have great power over us and arenít released so easily, then we need to figure out what will give us the greatest strength during our waking state to defeat those fears during our sleeping state.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:42:32 AM by EvilZeroSc »

Tags: