Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: New job  (Read 665 times)

Offline crystal_clear

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
New job
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »
I would like to have a new one asap and somehow interviews are coming but still no contract offer. I made a list of everything I want in a new job and I wonder If I should include specific start date?

Offline Larina

• Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 69
    • View Profile
Re: New job
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 10:06:33 PM »
I'm with you on this. I say we put a start date amongst the list of what we require from the job.

I hope that's the last piece of the jigsaw. :)

Offline crystal_clear

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 07:53:16 PM »
I included a specific date on my list but it didn't happen. Now I have changed the date. No idea what I am doing wrong :(

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 362
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 08:11:44 PM »
By setting a future date you are systematically always putting out the vibration that you WILL have it instead of feeling as if you DO have it already.

The future never comes. There is no such thing.

Offline crystal_clear

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »
So how would I feel that I already have while I don't have?

If I keep on sending my CV that generates the feeling that I don't have yet, so I need to keep on searching. On the other hand, I also enjoy the period of not working because I have time to have a coffee with a friend, do some shopping, cook a nice meal and generally I am on my ease.

But somehow I would really want to  let the Universe know that I am ready to start from next week on.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:20:02 PM by crystal_clear »

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »
Naturally you will not get a job without sending your CV out. Just have the feeling that when you send it out that this job is yours already. Feel it in your heart and think it in your head. Just picture, if only for a few seconds, you sat at your desk in front of the computer (or relevant to the particular position), get that feeling going quickly and then not think much more about it.
Just try and generate that feeling and thought of knowing that you have already.

Offline crystal_clear

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 08:55:19 PM »
Naturally you will not get a job without sending your CV out. Just have the feeling that when you send it out that this job is yours already. Feel it in your heart and think it in your head. Just picture, if only for a few seconds, you sat at your desk in front of the computer (or relevant to the particular position), get that feeling going quickly and then not think much more about it.
Just try and generate that feeling and thought of knowing that you have already.

Now, that is also wrong to think because I have found a job before sending a CV.

The thing is, I am kind of impatient waiting for the Universe to deliver the right job to me.

I also have a feeling that if I keep on sending to my CV to many places, it send a message that I don't really believe that the job I have applied for is already mine. Not sure if you get what I mean. Let's say I apply for a job A and think that the job is mine. Perfectly possible. But if an hour later I already send my CV for a job B, that gives the universe the message that I don't believe that job A is mine.

No idea how to solve these dilemmas.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
I understand perfectly well what you mean.

I think it's you who doesn't understand how real life works my dear hahaha. Getting a job is a numbers game!!! You send your CV out to 10 companies, only 4 ask to interview, only 1 will offer you the job.

Get your head out of fantasy land for a minute and play the numbers game....you'll have a much better success rate!

Offline crystal_clear

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 09:22:35 PM »
But isn't that a contradiction?

What I meant in previous post - I have found a job without sending a CV, so it is possible. I know how it works in real life though. I work on a project basis so I am on a frequent search.

Once it happened that I visited a company website on Monday evening, seeing what openings they have, then I thought "I will apply in the weekend because then I have time to update my resume". The first thing that happened next morning was a call from head-hunter that said he found my profile and he would like to interview me for a position in that company. The exact position I was going to apply for. They had like 30 openings in engineering department matching my skills. I didn't get the job in the end because I was hesitant about the amount of travelling.

Other time I was driving in the weekend to some event and passed nearby a company that had an interesting name and I heard something about them recently. I thought "hmm,would be nice to work there". Monday morning I have received a call from a recruiter that they would like to see me for an interview. I also didn't get that job because I had not enough experience.

It happens a lot but not always result in a contract offer.  While now I have made a list what I want, somehow I cannot control the outcome.

But since there is one company nearby that I would like to work for, I think I will start to visualize the view I would have from my desk.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 09:29:35 PM »
That's a bit more like it!

The point I make is that the 'dream' job may not be a week away. It may not be a month away. It may be 10 years away! Who are we to put a time on it?
Especially when time as we know it does not exist....

You can get yourself a job the old fashioned way like the rest of us, start the job so that you have income AND CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR THE DREAM JOB!!!

I've lost count of the amount of times that I've moved on from a position because a better offer has come up 4 weeks after I've started the previous job.

It's quirky how it works but sometimes we've just got to do what we've got to do.

Good luck with the search and I'm certain you'll be working very soon if you choose to do so.

Offline crystal_clear

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 10:56:20 PM »
Well, I still do it in an old fashioned way. I just wait for some contract proposal. I get a lot of interviews even without sending CV.

You made me realise that maybe I don't get these jobs because the Universe has something better on the way. So, how do I manifest some job right now? Or asap? I do have a source of income so money keep coming to me. I just want to have more and I like to go to work.

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 11:12:15 PM »
Refer back to reply #5.
Of course you still have to do the action part....apply for roles, send cv out, be ready to interview whenever approached, etc.

Offline crystal_clear

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 01:13:06 AM »
Refer back to reply #5.
Of course you still have to do the action part....apply for roles, send cv out, be ready to interview whenever approached, etc.

Yesterday evening I decided to make a new list with some basic expectations: salary and extra compensations, distance and the fact that my diploma should be required for that. Today I got a call from a recruiter that there is a company that needs someone for 6 months project ASAP. I have an interview in two days but I already got a contract proposal and everything looks like I expected, except the salary is a bit lower than I want.
Now I have two lists - "perfect job" and "asap job" ;)

Thanks ;D

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 01:19:33 AM »
Now we're talking 👍
Great result and congrats! Hope it goes really well...I'm sure it will.

Offline crystal_clear

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 11:16:48 PM »
Thanks a lot. Just made me think it's that easy.

Of course, there's no guarantee that I will get the job but I will keep you updated.

Tags:

* Disclaimer

All information on the forum are members personal tips, suggestions, advise and experiences, forum administrator or Moderators can not be held liable for any damage/misuse arising from the information/education shared the forum. You take your own necessary responsibility for your own actions.

Note: The Profile Deletion with posts more than 10 can not be done. It will not only Derank the forum on Search Engine (As those indexed posts will show 404 Error as - Page not Found) Moreover it will delete the associated posts of other users as well who replied on that Profile posts. It effects the whole Structure of the Forum.

* Only for Sensible Talk!

Refresh History

Registration

Facebook Comments

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal