Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: horrible fear  (Read 342 times)

Offline crystal_clear

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
horrible fear
« on: August 04, 2017, 02:03:42 AM »
I am not sure where to post this so decided to post here, but moderators can move maybe to better suiting category.

So, for some time already I live with a horrible fear that something will happen with me, namely I would have an accident and become handicapped. I don't know why I have this fear. It has gotten worse lately, I keep seeing "the signs" like articles in the magazines over handicapped people, people on wheelchairs, people paralyzed etc.

I know how this goes. Some years ago I read an article over a guy who committed a suicide because of tinnitus. It became my fear and guess what, one day out of the blue it started. It does get better now though and I am on the good path to cure. I had the same thing at my previous job, thing were going well, then I had a conflict with a colleague and I started to fear that they will fire me. Then I started to see "the signs" like some newsletter in my mailbox over what to do when you get laid off, career change etc. Then one of my colleagues started a discussion about company policy when someone gets fired. And then I got few emails about people being laid off. And then one day it was me ..

I know I need to stop this but I don't know how. I attract also pretty good things but happens that I attract these kinds of terrible experiences.

Please help me.

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 613
  • -Receive: 5651
    • View Profile
Re: horrible fear
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 02:32:24 AM »
This reminds me my OCD I had in the past.
What healed me is this: I created my own technique: everytime I had undesirable chronic thoughts I said to myself something like "this is my past fears/thoughts. Now Im healed."

I truely meant what I said to myself. Its not just affirmation.
You need to understand that mind is very good for creating impressive (realistic) fears and makes them look logic and real. But they are not.
Just try this way and if you do it right a new program "im healed" will be installed instead of the fear. It will destroy the old neurological pathway.

Ps: effort is needed. You need to persis with the affirmation everytime you see that fear. Never agree with it.
See it as a fool talking to you and laugh at it lol Never let emotions build on it. When it comes just shift to the affirmation and don't react or interract with that fear.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:27:33 PM by Superman »

Offline crystal_clear

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »
This reminds me my OCD I had in the past.
What healed me is this: I created my own technique: everytime I had undesirable chronic thoughts I said to myself something like "this is my past fears/thoughts. Now Im healed."

I truely meant what I said to myself. Its not just affirmation.
You need to understand that mind is very good for creating impressive (realistic) fears and makes them look logic and real. But they are not.
Just try this way and if you do it right a new program "im healed" will be installed instead of the fear. It will destroy the old neurological pathway.

Ps: effort is needed. You need to persis with the affirmation everytime you see that fear. Never agree with it.
See it as a fool talking to you and laugh at it lol Never let emotions build on it. When it comes just shift to the affirmation and don't react or interract with that fear.

Thank you very much.

I realize this is probably obsessive-compulsive. But I can't ignore 'the signs'. For a while already every day I keep telling myself 'I am healthy and fit' but I experience some sort of blockage. Probably because I am not that healthy and not definitely not fit at all. Maybe I should change it to 'Every day I become healthier and fitter' or something like this?

I try to dismiss this negativity but it's really difficult :/

Offline Superman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »
What you call signs is just result of concentration. You concentrate on things that make sense to your fears so you interpret everything in that direction. But if you practice what I said you will begin to release the pression more and more.
And YES you can ignore signs, you can decide to not "emotionalize" them, you can decide to give them another intepretation. And they will make sense no more. You can persist with the "i'm healed now". And see everything negative as the past: even if negativity is real to you now: but it is real because of past thoughts. Thats why if you persist with "i'm healed now" you will truely be.

Of course effort and derermination are required. If you give up your power to your fears then it would be your choice.

Offline crystal_clear

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
What you call signs is just result of concentration. You concentrate on things that make sense to your fears so you interpret everything in that direction. But if you practice what I said you will begin to release the pression more and more.
And YES you can ignore signs, you can decide to not "emotionalize" them, you can decide to give them another intepretation. And they will make sense no more. You can persist with the "i'm healed now". And see everything negative as the past: even if negativity is real to you now: but it is real because of past thoughts. Thats why if you persist with "i'm healed now" you will truely be.

Of course effort and derermination are required. If you give up your power to your fears then it would be your choice.

You're correct. Of course I interpret everything in a way that makes sense, that's how our brains work. I think that's where all obsessions start, right? Like the movie "23" with Jim Carrey?

Thank you for your help, it is really difficult moment and I fear but I guess I can conquer it. But could you maybe explain how I attracted a tinnitus and recent job loss?

Offline Superman

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
You neet to stop creating obstacles for yourself. Stop saying its hard, it's difficult because those thoughts will make it so. If you can just ignore it. Make it irrelevant.

And no I can't tell precisely: there may be many causes but all of them are mental, it has to do with your belief about yourself. Try to release the tension, dont be too hard on yourself, resist less, be more accepting, more at peace. Enjoy life fully and above all stop focusing on wrongs :)

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 269
  • -Receive: 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 04:51:24 PM »
I know I need to stop this but I don't know how

These are just thoughts, and thoughts can be changed. Please know that you are the source of he thoughts. You create them.

But I can't ignore 'the signs'.

thoughts create feelings and consequently your reality ( simply put). Do not watch the signs. Watch your thoughts. Here everything starts...

Maybe I should change it to 'Every day I become healthier and fitter' or something like this?

maybe Switch from "become" to "be.".. always work in the present. Change is Always in the now
But sure,  what ever works for you is fine. Again, it is the feeling that counts. You have to believe and feel it.

When you have problems to "convince" yourself start with "I am willing to be healthy and fit", or "I  am willing to accept to be healthy"

One more Thing: same would be good with your fear: " I am willing to let go of my fear, willing to learn how to let go of my fear etc"....

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline yesican

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 04:58:22 PM »
But could you maybe explain how I attracted a tinnitus

::) but you wrote that yourself. Or did I misunderstand you here. here is your own explanation

Some years ago I read an article over a guy who committed a suicide because of tinnitus. It became my fear and guess what, one day out of the blue it started

stop your fear ( or correctly put: watch your thoughts that create the fear) that you are a helpless victim  and something happens to you out of the blue. You are the power in your world. This is LOA

Offline Alexbally

• Thank You
  • -Given: 101
  • -Receive: 186
  • At the end of the day, it gets dark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 07:26:06 PM »
Practice, practice, practice and then practice some more at really observing your own thought patterns.
You almost need to be able to jump out of your own head, like in a little bubble, and really observe your own thoughts so that you can scrutinise them.

Offline crystal_clear

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 03:09:37 AM »
Thanks guys for being so helpful.

I am not sure whether I do it right, every time I get these thoughts I try to tell myself "I am OK, I am healthy, I am fit". It helps a little but I am not sure if really believe it like 100%. It's more like 'I am OK but who know what will be tomorrow'.

Offline yesican

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 02:09:58 PM »
Practice, practice, practice and then practice some more at really observing your own thought patterns.

yes Alex.. I agree. practising is the key. it Needs a Little time to establish new habits. A certain way of thinking is also a habit. Just a habit and habits can be changed. Just keep going and you will see results.

Tags: