Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: People who ghost you  (Read 2416 times)

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1202
  • -Receive: 1311
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
People who ghost you
« on: July 04, 2017, 05:27:28 PM »
Though it may be true that we attract that person not wanting a relationship or friendship, ghosting behaviour is their inadequacy. Ghosting means they avoid taking any responsibility for their behaviour and /or lies, if they're cheating.

Offline ChaliceSnowFlower

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2555
  • -Receive: 229
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: People who ghost you
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 06:38:21 PM »
Ghosting must be a new trend or something. I am seeing too many people complain about it happening to them online. And even worst yet, as soon as the ghoster pops up, these people start wagging their tails like a puppy for them. And what happens after this? They ghost on them again. No rhyme, no reason, no explanation, no goodbyes.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 08:43:37 PM »
Do you know, I think you have unravelled something for me. It's about terminology. I see a lot of people on this forum and on Veronica's forum saying they are "talking to" someone or worrying about someone "talking to" someone else. This puzzled me as I talk to lots of people all the time, a lot of them guys, and I couldn't work out why that was a problem.  Now it has dawned on me that they probably mean on dating apps or WhatsApp. I don't use Tinder or dating apps. None of my friends do either (not to my knowledge anyway) and to me it is an alien world. 

And no I am not an old fogey either!  It just isn't for me.

It also gives people the excuse to be rude and just stop replying.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:53:31 PM by siamesegirl »

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »
Do you know, I think you have unravelled something for me. It's about terminology. I see a lot of people on this forum and on Veronica's forum saying they are "talking to" someone or worrying about someone "talking to" someone else. This puzzled me as I talk to lots of people all the time, a lot of them guys, and I couldn't work out why that was a problem.  Now it has dawned on me that they probably mean on dating apps or WhatsApp. I don't use Tinder or dating apps. None of my friends do either (not to my knowledge anyway) and to me it is an alien world. 

And no I am not an old fogey either!  It just isn't for me.

It also gives people the excuse to be rude and just stop replying.

I don't use any dating apps or dating websites. I prefer face to face interactions. But that is just me. If that means I am stuck in the dinosaur age, then so be it.

"Talking to" is a very common term here and in the States. Normally when people are "talking to" each other, it means they have a romantic interest in each other, but have not gotten to the next stage yet of being a couple. And some women unfortunately, do delude themselves into believing that the guy they are "talking to" is not "talking to" anyone else. And get hurt when they discover otherwise he is "talking to" other women. Some even mistake the "talking to" stage as the couple stage.

I will check out the link.

Offline Willow

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1500
  • -Receive: 1027
  • ~*~ Let go & go with the flow ~*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 04:51:42 AM »
People who ghost you are just not that into you and are a giant waste of your time and energy.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 05:45:29 AM »
People who ghost you are just not that into you and are a giant waste of your time and energy.
I agree.

There are two things here though - I've not been "that into" someone and I have told them unambiguously.

Then there are those who vanish, ghosting or whatever because they're too wimpy to face up to telling someone that.

Whichever way it ends, the "recipient" still sometimes thinks they aren't good enough for the person, otherwise they wouldn't have dumped/ghosted them.

And - people will still use Law of Attraction to get back with a ghoster.

Offline Agnes1986

• Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 71
  • Today I am better that yesterday :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 06:02:25 AM »
I have been ghosted, like I explained here http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php?topic=24699.msg205259;topicseen#new
I don't know what the deal is with this behavior. If you wanna stop seeing someone, isn't it easier to just say so? Like: hey, I don't wanna date anymore. Simple as that

Offline Willow

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 07:19:58 AM »
I have been ghosted, like I explained here http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php?topic=24699.msg205259;topicseen#new
I don't know what the deal is with this behavior. If you wanna stop seeing someone, isn't it easier to just say so? Like: hey, I don't wanna date anymore. Simple as that

Yeah umm no why face up to someone and hurt them and have to deal with their anger at you when you can ghost and just never see them again. Not saying it's good but that's why ppl do it.
@Siamesegirl yeah it's an awful thing to do to someone been the ghosted and the ghost before. So easy to do online especially.
I know you can still attract back the ghost but tbh why would you even want to? Too much to maintain and Tbh the ghost probably saved you from a whole world of heartache.
If someone ghosts generally it's because they are conflict avoidant and first sign of trouble they going to run anyway.
You better off to create a whole new person tbh one that isn't conflict avoidant.
You more then likely attracted that person because of a belièf that people will leave you somewhere in your psyche. Abandonment issues etc. So maybe deal with that first then try to either attract back the ghost or someone that isn't.

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 08:14:17 AM »

If you read the link that Siamesegirl provides, it states pretty clearly why it is too much of a hassle for them to say this.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
So would you say generally that people with fear of abandonment or rejection attract ghosts? Has anyone with a high vibration, who won't put up with nonsense and has good self esteem attracted a ghost?

Offline Willow

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »
I doubt they would because there is no need to create/attract that scenario anymore.
Could also be that the ghost was a result of this person falling out of alignment aka you have expanded beyond them and it's making way for someone more aligned to come in.
Sometimes śtuff like that is a blessing in disguise and a step towards something else you are trying to create.
That's why I dont worry about the moral high ground when someone is trying to attract someone that is with someone else and dont necessarily believe in free will.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 05:40:40 PM »
Ghosting means that you disappear from the life of a person like a ghost, isn't it? I hate that and I hate when people do that. I've been with a few women that done that to me. Girls and boys, if you don't want to get out with a person anymore, tell him that, don't make him suffer. I'm already old, and I thought that this disappears with the years passing, but I was wrong. But isn't this an online dating thing? When people don't know each other, it's easier to disappear. Maybe people think that won't hurt the other one. This makes it worse than admitting. By the way? Is there any senior member who uses online dating platforms? Which one do you use the most? I found a top 10 (https://seniordatingtop10.com/seniorfriendfinder_com.html) and not sure if they worth the time.
Are you from Chesterfield?

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
Ghosting means that you disappear from the life of a person like a ghost, isn't it? I hate that and I hate when people do that. I've been with a few women that done that to me. Girls and boys, if you don't want to get out with a person anymore, tell him that, don't make him suffer. I'm already old, and I thought that this disappears with the years passing, but I was wrong. But isn't this an online dating thing? When people don't know each other, it's easier to disappear. Maybe people think that won't hurt the other one. This makes it worse than admitting. By the way? Is there any senior member who uses online dating platforms? Which one do you use the most? I found a top 10 (https://seniordatingtop10.com/seniorfriendfinder_com.html) and not sure if they worth the time.
Are you from Chesterfield?

Nope

Why are you answering for Spireman? Of course, you're the same poster under many different names! You silly billy!

Tags: