Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Can I assist someone else with mental health problem?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline H225

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 23
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Can I assist someone else with mental health problem?
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »
Hi,

I know I am the creator of my own experiences and have since letting go and fearing nothing (why would I worry when I know what I want is coming?)

The issue I have is my recent ex girl has unfortunately gotten sick with a bipolar mixed state/mainly manic episode. She has racked up her credit card, cheated, done drugs she was always against, says she can't and doesn't care what happens in life and making reckless decisions. She recently went to a party from 6pm, hit the club, left the club and went home with her friend and a dude with cocaine and didn't sleep until 3pm the next day. I admit I have been trying to fix us, which I have now stopped for my own sanity and the real issue here is her mania.

I wanted to know if there is anything I can do with LOA to influence her or bring her out of this? She won't see a doctor because she doesn't care what happens to her.

I have to say I know I haven't painted a good picture of her but this is NOT her, she's a smart girl who studies sciences and likes to read and stay home watching movies, sing Disney songs, and eat candy together. I've had to move out of our apartment since she went through a bereavement this crazy behaviour started and when I found out she cheated I left. Since then she's been flunking her exams, drinking, drugs, overspending even worse. I have seen her a couple times and slept with her and she's acted like a girlfriend and been calm but she says she doesn't deserve me and hates herself for what she did.

We were friends for 3 years before we get together and have been over 2 and a half years so it really sucks to see this happen to her. She is scared because she has never been like this before but won't stop self medicating. I'm not doing this as a ploy to get her back because I believe we will anyway. I'm just so worried for her and I wish there was more I could to.

She has been 'disassociating' out of her body and says she sees herself walking around and slitting wrists and dying which is horrible for me to hear.  :-X

Offline Roxychick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 841
  • -Receive: 554
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: Can I assist someone else with mental health problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »
I have the same problem, I not only suffer from mental illness myself but so do some of my loved ones.
It is a difficult to deal with and see people you care about suffering. While I doubt you could cure it with LOA, I am sure you can help them in some way...
Sometimes I wonder if we can really influence other people, if it is regarding their own problems and not ours...

Personally, whenever things get bad for them, I light candles and pray, I also do meditation.
I affirm to myself that they are healthy and calm people, that everything will be fine. I am not sure if you are religious or not, but for me praying always helps
I won't say that it's helped completely, but it is a lot better than it used to be.

Tags: