Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Do we ask the Universe by saying "I want..." or "I am grateful that..."?  (Read 4329 times)

Offline tosy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 311
  • -Receive: 135
  • I am receiving everything I desire ♥ Thank You!
    • View Profile
So I've been reading a considerable amount of material on the Internet regarding LOA, but I now have a question

How to ask the Universe?

Do we do it like "I want ..................." OR " I am grateful that now I already have ...................."

Shed some light please   :)

Thank you and have a goood day  :-*

Offline kazoo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 611
  • -Receive: 2069
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Do you think the Universe ignores you if you don't use the specific right words?

Offline Moneider96

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 173
  • I attract whatever I want
    • View Profile
The second one IMO is better  :D :D

Offline tosy

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Do you think the Universe ignores you if you don't use the specific right words?

They say in order to receive, one must ask for it..

The former of "I want" sounds more like asking, while the latter is sending the message of "Oh I've already got it, thank you!"

Sorry I'm just confused.. Because many say that when you're saying "I want", it is telling the universe that you are not having it..

So is the latter considered asking too? (:

Because let's say if we want to order a plate of pasta, we usually ask by ordering "I would like to have a plate of pasta, please"; instead of  "Hi there, I am thankful for this plate of pasta"...

I'm a newbie here  :-X would appreciate some advice :)

The second one IMO is better  :D :D

Thank you! :D

Offline kazoo

• Thank You
    • View Profile
I understand.  There is no right or wrong way to set an intention.  The Universe knows what you desire without you saying a word.  It's always good to be grateful for what you have.  And it's always good to be thankful for the things yet to come.

Don't stress about small things like choosing the exact right words or asking in the exact right way.  There is no one right way.  Everyone is different.  Do what feels good for you.

If you do think "I want" something, the point is to set that intention and then trust it's on it's way.  DO NOT dwell on the "wanting" or not having.  Simply saying "I want" and then getting on with things does not confuse the Universe or anything.

Offline waterfall

• Thank You
  • -Given: 328
  • -Receive: 1975
  • What you think, You become !
    • View Profile
Asking is not necessarily wanting. People get caught in words and languages.

Asking happens when you visualize something that you want. When you visualize what you want as yours and enjoy the whole scenery as if it was true, that is asking. No words need to be spoken.

Lets take example of ordering a pasta......before you tell the server to get you pasta, you read about it in the menu, you see its picture (physically or mentally), you test it in you mind. And then the words come out. That is why you wont eat certain foods. Because when you are visualizing it, you don't like it and hence you don't order and hence you don't get it.

Pay attention next time when you order. What exactly happened in your mind before placing the order. Now that is asking.

Offline tosy

• Thank You
    • View Profile
If you do think "I want" something, the point is to set that intention and then trust it's on it's way.  DO NOT dwell on the "wanting" or not having.  Simply saying "I want" and then getting on with things does not confuse the Universe or anything.

Thank you  :) :)

On the other hand I am also working on not dwelling in the absence of my desires..
To clear resistance and limiting beliefs, as well as ignoring the current 'reality'. The reality right now is the opposite of what I want, I can't seem to remove doubt  :-X

Asking is not necessarily wanting. People get caught in words and languages.

Asking happens when you visualize something that you want. When you visualize what you want as yours and enjoy the whole scenery as if it was true, that is asking. No words need to be spoken.

Pay attention next time when you order. What exactly happened in your mind before placing the order. Now that is asking.

Such wise words spoken  :) Thank you!

I think I am done with the 'asking' part some time ago, it's just that I can't help feeling that my desire is entirely impossible.

What more, the reality is putting total emphasis on the 'impossible-Ness'

Everytime I shift my focus on something else/ the presence of my desire, not long later my whole mind is jammed up with "no it's IMPOSSIBLE!!"

Like what Zorba says, doubt kills manifestations

I wonder how I can KILL DOUBT instead?  ???

Offline kazoo

• Thank You
    • View Profile
You know that saying "A watched pot never boils"?

When you are cooking do you stand there staring at the pot waiting for it to boil?  No, you put the pot on the burner, trust it's gonna boil and get on with whatever you have to do.  You may take a few moments to tend to it,  stirring or adding an ingredient but then you let it cook until it's done.

Say you are cooking in the oven.  If you keep opening the oven door to see if it's done what happens?  You keep letting all of the heat out of the oven and it takes forever to cook!

Think of manifesting/aligning the same way!

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline rodan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 909
  • -Receive: 807
    • View Profile
Wow! Great thread!

I've read, reread all responses so far.

Here is how I understand it using an analogy to present it:

Restaurant = Universe

Owner of Restaurant = God, Source, All That Is, etc.

Waiter =  Higher Self

Customer =  You, your physical mind

Menu =  the abundance of the Universe, everything that exists

Placing order =   Tell HS what it is you want from the Universe

Table =  ?  Your immediate possessions, your place in the Universe. What is actually you already have, physically. (Someone help my out here. Tell me what you think it is )

Ok, you sit at the table,  and summon the waiter.   He comes, hands you a menu, and patiently stands by, waiting for you to order ( ask )

You look down the list on the menu.  Anything you want is on there. Anything. 

Now, when you see something on the menu you want, you don't just sit there and smile at the waiter.  You have to tell him what it is you want.  You have to ask him to go get it.  He doesn't care what you want. He will get you anything that is on that menu. Anything. 

And, think of the waiter without emotions.  Like a robot.  Whether you ask for something " good " or " bad " he doesn't care. He will get it for you.
( now, I may have the understanding of this wrong. Maybe he's happy and cheerful. let me know what you think )

The communication part of telling the waiter what it is you want, is the " asking ".   You may look at the menu and " want " something, but, you have to " Ask ", the waiter to go get it.    Do you really have it yet, in your possession ?   Not really. It's not at your table, yet, however, it is in the restaurant.  It's available for the waiter to go get it.

You could tell the waiter,  " I very happy and grateful for everything you have given me ", however, the question is , what if the thing you currently want is not yet on your table? Can you really be happy and grateful for something that is not yet on your table?  It's in the restaurant, but, not yet on your table?

If you say, " I happy and grateful for the excellent meat loaf you've given me", but, it's not on the table yet,  will he go get it for you?   I don't think so. You have to ask for it.

What I think would be ok to say is,  " Waiter, Please inform the owner of the restaurant, ( God, Source, All that is )I am so happy and grateful for everything it has given me and will provide when I want it". 

Offline Tenko

• Keep calm follow the call of source and move toward the light
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1081
  • -Receive: 1197
    • View Profile
You ask the universe by feeling what you want and watch what happens. Well you ask any way you want but you manifest by feeling what you want. People have it backwards they think they have to observe conditions and feel as a result of that. Tho that is true, conditions evoke feelings, that is not how you manifest, that is how you contain and elaborate on what's real. You manifest by feeling the way you wanna feel and watching what happens, then depending on what has happened you make new statements by choosing how you wanna feel now and on and on it goes, you are eternally incomplete reinventing how you wanna feel better and creation happens and all that is grows, your new made desires are now being held for you to feel your way to it and loa is waiting to deliver to you what you want. Loa can travel true time rearange all events and impulses so that you could now feel what you wanna feel, believe it walk true your door and it will reflect to you what is now your vibration to wich you now have new responses, becoming more again and constantly expanding.
It is not a joke that you have a vibrational escrow of enourmess value containing everything you ever wanted there is just one condition, you have to get in your vortex where all of the stuff is in other words, get high, fly, go with the flow and all that. In other words, line up with it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:40:15 PM by Tenko »

Offline Tenko

• Thank You
    • View Profile

The universe doesn't speak words it speaks vibration. Ok your words can evoke vibrations or feelings in you but the universe only hears the vibration. You gotta listen in vibration to what the universe is telling you, it is calling you towards your vortex.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:37:01 PM by Tenko »

Offline tosy

• Thank You
    • View Profile
It is not a joke that you have a vibrational escrow of enourmess value containing everything you ever wanted there is just one condition, you have to get in your vortex where all of the stuff is in other words, get high, fly, go with the flow and all that. In other words, line up with it.

Are the things in my vortex, the things I want OR the things which the universe thinks are good for me?
of course I'm not saying I want harmful things, but you get what I mean (:

Tenko, you are an Aber, right? (:

I'm now taking baby steps to get into my vortex, since where I am now is quite far..
I have huge amount of resistance and am struggling to release them.

I don't know WHERE to start..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:09:01 PM by tosy »

Offline kazoo

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Rodan, I love the way you broke that down!  It really is as easy as ordering in a restaurant!

Offline Maverick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 296
  • -Receive: 982
    • View Profile
Do we do it like "I want ..................." OR " I am grateful that now I already have ...................."

You always get what you are not what you want.

In simple words, you always want what you don't have.

Therefore,  Want = Lack. Anything that begins with "I want" ultimately gets translated into "I lack". When you focus more on "lack" (Scarcity), universe gives you more "lack". When you "want" universe gives you "more want". As fucked up as it sounds.

Even though you verbally phrase everything right, if you have doubt back in your mind, it's not gonna happen anyway.

I wonder how I can KILL DOUBT instead?

First of all, what is the doubt?
What is that thing you can't bring yourself to believe in?

In my experience, if you are setting wrong goals, not only you don't manifest your desired things but you end up even more screwed up with even lower level of belief.

Goal setting is what you're doing wrong.

Having said all of that, if you have"doubts", instead of killing them, befriend them. Dig deeper within your own mind with those doubts. Find out where do they originate from, find out why do they exists in the first place. Think of doubts as someone who yells at you to ask you to get yourself on the right track. They are not necessarily a bad thing.

You need to do some ground work to raise your belief levels. The hard part - meeting and facing your demons.

And, if you don't treat the root cause of the doubt, even if you kill them with nuclear bomb, they will come back again. And they always come back stronger, seeking revenge.

I don't know WHERE to start..

Well, there are millions of things you can do to start, if you have "worthy" goal. If you have a battle worth fighting.

Offline Tenko

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Misspost, sorry
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:38:05 PM by Tenko »

Tags: