Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Poll

Is Expectation:

Good?
5 (23.8%)
Bad?
4 (19%)
Depends if it feels good
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Expectation  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Moneider96

• Thank You
  • -Given: 311
  • -Receive: 173
  • I attract whatever I want
    • View Profile
Expectation
« on: August 11, 2014, 07:09:07 AM »
I want to settle this once and for all. Is expectation good or bad?

Offline FindDivineTogether

• My Faith is strong enough to part Seas, and my Belief is all i need to truly succeed!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4317
  • -Receive: 4824
  • God will ALWAYS make a way...never doubt this!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Expectation
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:20:58 AM »
Well, its like anything else LOA related..if you believe its good then it is..if you believe its not then no, its not :)

I always manifest when I have moved on and focused on other things..i got the job I have now when I gave up and started looking else where and then months later received the job offer..but like everything else in my life, it came when I stopped focusing on it..so my expectations are always lowered by then..i I let go (even though I may have not wanted to at the time) and had little resistance thinking its not going to happen anyway so I might as well look to other things..its called going ''general'' and it works for me.

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 995
  • -Receive: 1419
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:23:41 AM »
I think for me it all depends on how you define "expectation". If you see it in  a sense as a knowing of the way that LOA  works and knowing that if you put your intention out (conscious manifesting) and will stay at the right 'wave-length' so to speak, then expectation as a knowing that what you desire will manifest is good.
If you define expectation as constantly checking your reality if it's coming yet, needing something to happen in a certain way and building up a rigid expectation energy around it, then that's bad :D

Offline Moneider96

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 07:41:18 AM »
Thanks guys! What does 'going general' mean again. Like I think I have a rough idea. Thanks  :D

• My Faith is strong enough to part Seas, and my Belief is all i need to truly succeed!
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »
Well, its like anything else LOA related..if you believe its good then it is..if you believe its not then no, its not :)

I always manifest when I have moved on and focused on other things..i got the job I have now when I gave up and started looking else where and then months later received the job offer..but like everything else in my life, it came when I stopped focusing on it..so my expectations are always lowered by then..i I let go (even though I may have not wanted to at the time) and had little resistance thinking its not going to happen anyway so I might as well look to other things..its called going ''general'' and it works for me.

It means this ^

Keep it open..don't apply just for the one job, in the one place that you want to work..apply to several places, even going out of your comfort zone if needed...broaden your quest.  For me, its like anything else don't hold on so tightly to the ONE thing you want..let G/U bring it to you when its time...in the end you may still end up where you wanted to be all along.

I did, i got in to the school district I wanted after I sent out applications and resumes to dozens of other places....thinking I needed to work, no matter where it was, I had to find a job, any job....4 months later I got the phone call, I was shocked!!!!!

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 995
  • -Receive: 1419
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 08:11:11 AM »
^^^ Yes, what she said^^^
It's similar to the 'this or better' theory. If you are stuck on a very particular outcome with a certain person or object, you close out all the other options how something could come to you. You build up the 'bad, clingy needy version of expectations' that will keep the very thing from manifesting.
I have even done this when looking for a new job:  I wrote a gratitude letter to thank the universe for my amazing new job (no idea what it was going to be) and I put down exactly what I knew I wanted , high dollar, cool team, great boss, job is easy and I love it, I am appreciated at my work environment, it's fun and close to my home, it's flexible so I can get time off when I need etc.
And then I just read it once a day with feelings as if I already had that cool job and didn't for once think WHAT it was going to be or HOW it was going to come to me. I did browse some job applications and sent out resumes but didn't get attached to any of them. A few days  later I actually met someone that invited me to join a completely new field that I would not have ever imagined or thought of before, but the actual job matched all the things in my list.
And it's the same with everything else, keep your mind open that the universe always knows the best quickest and most pleasant way to your goal and stop trying to figure it out yourself how to get there or what you think it must be. You can get excited about a certain thing, like say, a particular house you want to buy but keep the 'this or better' attitude at all times and trust that you will end up exactly where you need to be and the result will give you complete satisfaction no matter what it will be.

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:43 AM »
Yes, good point. The home I am living in now originally wasn't going to be mine because the seller turned down my offer, she said it was too low and wanted to see what other offers there were I was disappointed but for weeks I looked and heard nothing back. I had walked away completely, looking for other condos, townhouses, apartments..some even in this building.

Then my realtor decided to call them back again a few weeks later and asked if they were going to take the offer at all and they said they needed to think about it over the weekend..so again, I looked around, almost settled on another place, same building...then got the call when I was at work on Monday that they wanted to give it to me.....it works with anything really :)

Offline Moneider96

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 09:02:35 AM »
Congrats guys. That's awesome...you guys taught me a lot. Thanks!   ;)

Offline Newman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 531
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 12:03:43 PM »
if you believe its good then it is..if you believe its not then no, its not

I'd say a good expectation is good, because you focus on what you want, and a bad expectation is bad, because you focus on something you don't want.

It's really that simple. :)

Offline Cherrybelle

• Thank You
  • -Given: 573
  • -Receive: 718
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
Ofcourse we need to expect it My God. When we order food in the restaurant we expect to have it and the same thing applies in loa. Yes yes expect it with a full of faith and enjoy everything. Breathhhh...

Offline SR41489

• Thank You
  • -Given: 970
  • -Receive: 840
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
In my experience, expectation has always brought disappointment. I've been told repeatedly by several people in the past to not have expectations, just to go with the LOA and let things happen.

Offline Moneider96

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 07:55:55 PM »
Thanks guys for offering your perspectives. Lots of different opinions  :D

Offline catface

• Thank You
  • -Given: 377
  • -Receive: 285
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 10:10:42 PM »
expect that it's going to happen, but don't expect you know how or when

when you're waiting for your food to come at a restaurant, you know it's coming but you don't know if it's coming in 5 mins or 30

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »
expect that it's going to happen, but don't expect you know how or when

when you're waiting for your food to come at a restaurant, you know it's coming but you don't know if it's coming in 5 mins or 30

Okayy, people always use this example of ordering food in a restaurant..yes when I order it I know its coming-----why would I go there if not to eat? I would not have gone there otherwise, its a restaurant it will take minutes..not a week, not a year, not several years I know this for a fact..if I was asking for them to wash my car then i'd say LOA would be in play then 100% :D

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:15:13 PM by FindDivineTogether »

Offline waterfall

• Thank You
  • -Given: 328
  • -Receive: 1967
  • What you think, You become !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 11:39:24 PM »
I read this somewhere, I don't remember where.....

Believe instead of expect. Expect comes with "looking". When you expect something, you start looking at every opportunity to come to pass.

When you believe, its already given.

Expect is future, where as believe is there. Like, I believe in God. I don't need to see him....I just know he is there.

And the more I believe, the more I start seeing him. The more he visits me and the more things start to fall in place. In short, the more I believe, the more he starts showing me that he is there.

Tags: