Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Prove That the Law of Attraction is Real and Get $500  (Read 7122 times)

Offline Letitgo

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 14
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Prove That the Law of Attraction is Real and Get $500
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:28:21 AM »
Well, it's been a couple of years since I started using the law of attraction. When I first discovered it, I was on Cloud Nine. I just knew this was my big break, the perfect tool for me to shape my life exactly the way I wanted it. I was going to get my ex back (or someone better), and he would be more in love with me than ever! I was going to get the job of my dreams and finally feel financially secure and content with my career. Publishing firms would be fighting over my novels, and I would be a respected author living my childhood dream.

So, I went to work. I visualized, hypnotized myself, meditated, imagined, believed. I used Neville Goddard's techniques, the 68 second visualization method - you name it,  I've done it. And yes, I also put physical work toward my desires. A few times, I tried completely letting go of my dreams and focusing on something else, sometimes for up to 2 months, in order to give my intentions space to manifest. So, where am I now?

Nowhere.

My ex has basically vanished off the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned. Almost everyday, a form rejection letter from a prospective publisher pops up in my inbox. The job of my dreams never surfaced. 

So, what am I to believe? Is this just a massive scam meant to drive revenue for people like Esther Hicks, Wayne Dyer and Darryl Anka? Are all the reported successes the result of plain old hard work or lucky coincidence? Are the "successful attractors" actually just very bored people with nothing better to do than tell tall tales on the internet for attention? Or maybe the universe is just prejudiced against me?

I didn't start out a skeptic; my utter lack of success has made a skeptic. But I'm willing to reconsider. Here's my challenge to you:

Pick one of my wishes (ex back or someone better, job of my dreams, novel published and wildly successful) and post it below. (Only one wish per person, please, and you must really want to do this!) If you need extra details to help you visualize, ask me via private message. Use whatever method works for you to intend that this wish comes true for me. Do this for the duration of one month (so until Aug 18). I will announce the result of this experiment on Aug 18 or 19. If one or more of my wishes comes true, the member(s) responsible will be credited $500 each via Paypal.

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 995
  • -Receive: 1420
    • View Profile
Re: Prove That the Law of Attraction is Real and Get $500
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »
Hmm it's a tie between novel thingy and someone better, even though I don't know if your novel would actually get published in one month, might be just an offer. But I think I'd go with someone better :P

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Letitgo

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 09:15:30 AM »
Is someone better your final decision?

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 09:44:46 AM »
Yeah, let's go with that ;) Just out of curiosity, which one would you want to achieve the most yourself?

Offline Letitgo

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »
My deepest, ultimate dream is to be a millionaire author. On the level of Stephen King or JK Rowling. But I'm not asking anyone to attempt this -- unless they really, really want to.  :)

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 10:28:43 AM »
Ha ha ok, like Jack Canfield in The Secret. I know someone who tried to get a book published about their travels in South America and got rejected from everywhere. I think she did some fundraiser campaign of sorts and published it herself and the book was a massive success so she ended up getting a whole bunch more money because she didn't have to pay all the publishers and middle men :)

I'm not too caught up on the 500 by the way. you can keep it if you want, but I'm all in for fun experiments :)

BUT you have to do your part as well. All you need to do is a) stay as positive happy and relaxed as you can, just chill out for a month and know all the work is being done for you and b) do not apply any techniques yourself, forget about all of it as much as you can.

Offline Letitgo

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 10:54:09 AM »
Wow, I really appreciate this, lunareclipse. I've already put in a few weeks' work of distancing myself emotionally from my dreams and pretty much just accepting my life as it is. I'm beginning work on another novel; I love writing, so this will keep me busy and take my mind off things for the coming month. I will definitely do my part.

The person who makes at least one of my dreams come true and restores my faith in the universe most certainly deserves a reward. If someone succeeds at this, he or she is going to get that $500, no questions about it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:56:49 AM by Letitgo »

Offline Willow

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1500
  • -Receive: 1028
  • ~*~ Let go & go with the flow ~*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »
I will go with job of your dreams, :)
I dont need to know what that is but do me a favor and write down at least 5 things that this job has eg income you would like and pop it into an envelope and then seal it up and forget about it. Im with lunareclipse this looks like a fun experiment.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:07:21 AM by Willow »

Offline Letitgo

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 11:16:24 AM »
Done!  :)

Offline Letitgo

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 11:17:14 AM »
You're both right - this is starting to feel rather fun. :)

Offline Miss Love

• Thank You
  • -Given: 385
  • -Receive: 141
  • Dreams you dare to dream really do come true :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 02:31:34 AM »
I am interested in doing this! :)

Just few days ago I thought I'll post here to offer my help in achieving other people's dreams ;D

I manifested some things for my friends, I can do it for you to. Or at least I'll help to push you towards them ;)

Since lunareclipse decided to take "someone better" and Willow took "job of your dreams", then I believe that your ultimate dream is left for me :D That will be fun-fun!

8)

Offline havefaith91

• Thank You
  • -Given: 105
  • -Receive: 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 02:44:20 AM »
Hope this works for you sending positive vibes your way!!! Keep us updated:)

Offline Letitgo

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 04:11:27 AM »
Wow, thank you! I'm feeling so excited right now.   ;D

And yes, I will keep everyone updated on how things are going. Can't wait to see what happens!

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 04:18:19 AM »
I know sooner or later all your wishes will come true, not sure it will all happen in a month but they will :D
Also, during this month, if the universe presents you with any opportunity, take it, whatever it may be, even if it appears to have no connection at all to any of your wishes. For example if you get invited to a party or a trip. Obviously you can say no in cases when it's clearly a very negative experience and it would feel very wrong to accept it, such as a creepy person coming up to you in a dark alleyway and asking you to go with him or somebody asking you to come work in McDonalds  (unless that's what you would prefer :) ) but other than that just trust the universe.

Offline Letitgo

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 04:27:09 AM »
I will do my utmost to maintain a state of positive "allowing." Good point about the opportunities - I will be on the watch out for anything unusual and exciting coming my way.

Tags: