Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Meeting someone from my past  (Read 723 times)

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Meeting someone from my past
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
This is going to be a long post, because there are a lot of factors involved.

So for TLDR's: 3 years after highschool, finished degree, different person completely. Out of the blue feelings for High school crush return. Want a second chance with her, but she has a boyfriend and on the other side of the earth.

Here's the full story. I Aspergers Syndrome. I mention this to give context to the past. I have no problems about that now nor in the future.  Back in high school there was a girl I fell head over heels for. Of course having Aspergers, I didn't know how to approach the situation. At some point it slipped. Her friend found out and told me it wasn't mutual. Of course I never heard that from her and she wasn't the type of girl that would declear her feelings if she barley new me. Before that there were signs that she had an interest in me (I may have Aspergers but I;m not oblivious). Of course at the time I didn't have any confidence in myself so I waved all those signs off. Only now with more awareness of how people behave that I can see the signs from my memories. But anyway, from that point on I just ignored the situation and got on with highschool. After a while (2 years later in the final year) the signs came back, like walking to there other side of the road to hi to me. Of course again I was still to nervous and shy to do anything about it. In fact there were multiple times where she would try get to initiate contact with me by saying hi, I was just to nervous to react. She went to the other side of the world and I got on with my life getting a degree in something that I love. Its only now that I look back that I know that it was mutual, maybe not to the same degree that I felt, but mutual.

For the next 3 years I grew as a person, more then I ever could in past 5 years at highschool. Now I'm a confident outgoing person that most of the people that I know respect. Nothing like the person I was at highschool. For most of my time at uni, I didn't even think about her. There were only a few times where I had dreams about her, after which I got back to life without second guessing them.

However after Uni, after spending the summer (in new zealand summer goes over Christmas), trying to build an independent game company in my basement, I went on a holiday. The place I went to reminded me about a dream I had about her. Then it all came rushing back. The memories from highschool and the feelings, with a new mature perspective applied to them. It made me feel sick with regret. So I decided that once I got back home I would look her up on facebook. (she did accept my friend request all those years ago). And of course she has a boyfriend. This made me even more sick (she only turning 21 this march so I'm hoping that this isn't the one for her since she is so young). So since then for the past 3 week I haven't spent a moment without thinking about her. I've come to terms with it, and frankly I feel great right now. I've been telling myself how much I've changed and how much of better person I've become. Counting my blessings so to speak. Making plans to expand myself as a person, to be the best possible me.

But that feeling of wanting to see her again hasn't gone away. I've looked into the law of attraction recently. Looked up attracting a specific person into my life, as in her. I was thinking about doing this exercise so that I might get a second chance with her over course of my life. But I don't want to take anything away from her in the process. Not her career or her love life. All I want is a second chance to talk to her like human being and get to know her. I can't deny that my heart wants a second chance with her romantically. But my mind would be satisfied with just getting to know her as a friend in the case that she is taken.
a
I have no illusion. Whatever feelings existed at highschool is in the past. What I experienced in the past, what I am still experiencing now, is/was mostly infatuation.  I can't claim love, because I never had a chance to get to know her. But its so powerful that I don't want too let go.

So I guess what I'm asking is that can I achieve this with the Law of Attraction given my circumstances. And are there any resources in the Law of Attraction forums, tips, techniques, success stories, that can help me with my specific circumstances and keep me hopeful.

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting someone from my past
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:57:59 AM »
um, bump, I would really like an opinion on this. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated as long as its appropriate

Offline Power of Love

• Thank You
  • -Given: 675
  • -Receive: 798
  • Struggle and joy are not on the same channel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:46:27 AM »
You can indeed use the Law of Attraction to attract her or someone equally as good.

Abraham Hicks: can she deliberately attract a specific lover?

Asker : You keep talking about how people want a lover in their life. Is it just about the concept of having a lover? Or can you have A specific lover? Like if you focus on a specific person, can you attract that person?

Abe : You can. You can. But it's got to do with how much you believe about being able to attract that specific person. It's like anytime you define the prize.. and if there's only ONE prize, then you limit. You limit the ability to fulfill what you really want... Whereas if you use that one prize as the Essence of what you want, so that you keep active in your vibration the Essence of what you're reaching for, then the Universe can discover and reveal to you the lover that you are REALLY asking for. and it might be 'that one'. It's got to do with how much you believe. In other words, you want something but you don't believe you can have it, then your energy is split, and it slows everything down.

So, anything to increase your Believability, that's what our decision all day has been about - getting general, getting general, getting general, getting general.

"I want that one, and that one isn't coming" - no movement.
If you say "I want one LIKE that one" - less resistance.
If you say "I like this about that one, and this about that one, and this about that one" and "There must be plenty who have those combinations" - now there's less resistance still.
And so now that you move yourself into less resistance, so that you believe unequivocally, that you can have the absolute essence of that which 'that one' has helped you to define, a lot of times 'that one' comes. because that's the one who caused you to put all the pieces over there. But, whether 'that one' comes or not, what shows up is ~ really good.

Key point: "But, whether 'that one' comes or not, what shows up is really good."

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »
Thanks. I really appreciate it. I understand that I can find someone else, I'm not closed to that idea. However when I hear "or someone equally as good", it makes me fell a little disappointed. The thing is part of me really want a second chance with that specific individual. I know its cliche. I know thinking about it in those term hurts the chances of it ever happing. I know letting go will help. When they say let go, what are they referring to. The person or the outcome. Can I let go of the "How" and just trust that I will see her again. Can I trust there will be a second chance. I have let go of worrying about where she is or with. Is that enough? I've kind of just blurted all this out. I look forward to hearing from your reply's whatever they may be.

Offline Power of Love

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
Thanks. I really appreciate it. I understand that I can find someone else, I'm not closed to that idea. However when I hear "or someone equally as good", it makes me fell a little disappointed. The thing is part of me really want a second chance with that specific individual. I know its cliche. I know thinking about it in those term hurts the chances of it ever happing. I know letting go will help. When they say let go, what are they referring to. The person or the outcome. Can I let go of the "How" and just trust that I will see her again. Can I trust there will be a second chance. I have let go of worrying about where she is or with. Is that enough? I've kind of just blurted all this out. I look forward to hearing from your reply's whatever they may be.

I don't mean to discourage you with the "or someone equally as good". I don't mean to say you can't have that person. I mean these words to put you in the emotional state to gain what you want. See, most people here are clinging to the outcome of having this specific person. When you cling so tightly, it can't manifest.

So yes, you can have it the way you want if you trust The Universe and let go.

"Let go" means you don't try to force any outcome (for instance, doing something stupid like trying to break their relationship up). "Letting go" also means you don't get upset because it's not happening here and now.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 12:49:47 PM »
So "let go" doesn't mean that I have to get let go of feelings for her or that I let go wanting to be her her. It just means I have to let go of watching for an outcome and expecting things to happen to make it so. But I can I still tell myself that I will meet her again someday and have a second chance, and do all the things that I love to do for me?

Offline Power of Love

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 01:17:32 PM »
So "let go" doesn't mean that I have to get let go of feelings for her or that I let go wanting to be her her. It just means I have to let go of watching for an outcome and expecting things to happen to make it so. But I can I still tell myself that I will meet her again someday and have a second chance, and do all the things that I love to do for me?

Yes, that's exactly right. :)

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »
anything else I should know to keep me hopeful

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 02:02:42 PM »
let me reiterate. One of my fears is that circumstances wont allow me to meet her ever again in my life. She is off in London pursuing an acting career. I know simply thinking about it harm the chances, but its one of the things that prevents me from being hopeful.

Offline Power of Love

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »
Hmm. Perhaps open your mind to possible coincidences in the future. Maybe one day in the future you will get a job offer and need to relocate to London? Or something new you'd like to study? In the meantime, I recommend focusing on other areas of your life and not dwelling on this.

Offline sg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 315
  • -Receive: 238
  • Am so grateful for everything I have in my life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 12:25:57 AM »
Aaron... this same thing happened to me last year. I had broken off with my bf 8 years back and moved on in life. Barely thought of him all these years. All of a sudden last year around this time in feb 2013 something strange happened to me. when I visited a place, it bbrought back all old memories and feelings in form of intense pain and regret.  I have achieved a lot in last 8 years and grown mature too... I found him on fb and messaged him. He was happily married.  It was very painful and I found loa and tried to attract him.... somehow in between I shifted from attract my ex to attract my soulmate.... eventually,  I met someone great and fell head over heels in love. This new guy maynot love me back. But I am not using loa on him. I trust universe will bring me my perfect match. But I don't think so much about my ex...

I believe his memories came to create an imbalance in my state so that I look out for my soulmate....

All I am trying to say is,  you had to go separate ways in high school because you had lot to learn, grow and achieve.  Now that you are ready for a relationship,  the universe has woken you up. Yes, you can attract her back. Universe will find a way.  Leave that job to universe. How big is earth in this vast universe? Just a dot. London is not a big deal for the universe. Logistics will be taken care of..... just trust... also,  know that you can also attract anyone else that you set your mind on....

God bless.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:47:49 AM by sg »

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »
OK, I would like to thank the two who have posted the in my thread. Its been a real help. The questions aren't over since I'm new to the law of attraction. And there a few more factors that I want to process. I have specific questions and I feel that they may be to specific. But basically since I started this thread, I've been feeling better and better just trusting, and now I'm excited. Not just about the prospect of meeting her but also where that journey might take me. I feel like its going to happen one day. I hope I'm on track.

So firstly, how explicit does the visualization have to be (I'm refereeing to the visualization of the desire). Its been a long time and there are times I just can't imagine her face animated (as in I can conjure up still images but not animate them), and other times that I can imagine in great detail. Does this imped the process, or is it just natural.

My second question. As an excess I looked her up on-line, so that I could refresh my mind about her. Before I did this I knew it would bring up negative feelings. Not any contextual thoughts just negative love sick feelings. I knew this would happen, so I said to myself that I would experience them so that I can process them and handle them and turn them in to positive feelings. Right now I'm in the aftermath as feelings are subsiding. My mind is happy the flesh of my body is telling me it doesn't feel happy. Did this imped my progress.

I guess what am I asking is if their are negative feelings, no negative thoughts, for short moment, does that compromise the entire process.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:16:29 PM by Aaron »

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 04:05:09 PM »
bump, I also get the feeling I'm questions that are too specific to answer. Basically does short burst of negative feelings, without thoughts backing them up compromise loa.

Offline Power of Love

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »
bump, I also get the feeling I'm questions that are too specific to answer. Basically does short burst of negative feelings, without thoughts backing them up compromise loa.

It slows it down, but won't stop your desire from manifesting completely.

Offline Aaron

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 05:55:32 AM »
I know I have the answers, and I'm sorry I keep asking. But are there any other opinions out there.

Tags: