Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Is Abraham a scam?  (Read 10620 times)

Offline Charmed

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 34
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Is Abraham a scam?
« on: January 08, 2014, 08:31:55 PM »
I believe what they are saying is true, regarding the law of attraction, but I find a hard time believing that she "connects" with this entity that speaks for her. And I found many articles saying it was all a fraud/scam.
http://www.squidoo.com/ten-reasons-i-no-longer-trust-esther-hicks-and-abraham

Plus, Jerry died of cancer.

Offline Power of Love

• Thank You
  • -Given: 671
  • -Receive: 800
  • Struggle and joy are not on the same channel.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Abraham a scam?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:56:08 PM »
Is the Law of Attraction really some kind of mystical power like The Force (from Star Wars)?

Is Abraham really an ethereal entity?

I can see why people might think this is a scam, because there is no way to prove Abraham is really a spiritual entity.

So I wouldn't call Abe Hicks a scam, but it is a money-making business. I see it as a form of entertainment, and a way (one of many ways) of explaining the Law of Attraction. It's just like companies who offer children to write and receive letters from Santa Claus. Whether or not you believe Santa Claus is real, it makes children happy. Doesn't it?

So the question is not about if it is real or true, or not. Is it effective in what it does? Have peoples lives become better off after listening to Abe? It is true that not 100% of all Abe followers become perfectly happy and healthy... But what can you say about a new type of fad diet? Will it work for 100% of all people who try it? It's all pretty arbitrary.

People who write articles like that are the ones who will complain the new fad diet didn't work for them. It doesn't necessarily mean the fad diet is good or bad, it just means that person is a critc.  :P

Offline waterfall

• Thank You
  • -Given: 328
  • -Receive: 1968
  • What you think, You become !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:44 PM »
 - Giving example of "teachers life" to say that the subject is bad is absurd. Its like saying Marie Curie Didn't know anything about Radioactive materials because she died out of them.
 - Also, may be for jerry, ending his life here was a far more free option that living along. We don't know spiritual growth of people.

I am not defending or against Abraham. I am more interested in the Law, not the teacher. The law is universal and has been there from before. Whether you believe it or not, the law works on everyone.

Offline MagicalBeing

• Thank You
  • -Given: 272
  • -Receive: 337
  • Mew :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »
Hi Charmed!

No, I don't think Esther Hicks is a scam. Oprah interviewed her on the radio and she explains it.

Interview 1: http://www.manifestingandlawofattraction.com/oprah_esther/oprah_interviews_esther_abraham_1.mp3
Interview 2: http://manifestingandlawofattraction.com/oprah_esther/oprah_interviews_esther_abraham_2.mp3
Interview 3: http://manifestingandlawofattraction.com/oprah_esther/oprah_interviews_esther_abraham_3.mp3

When she explained it, I could relate to what she said because I have experienced something like that, a voice, using my words, speaking to me, inside my head. This is a bit crazy and people would think, "oh, but if someone was talking to you, then they would use their own words!", but I think it's not like that at all, they probably communicate through concepts, ideas... and your brain translates that information with your words. You're still there though, you're aware, alive, in your body, except someone is speaking to/through you.

My experience is that, usually, when I need an answer for something in my life that is troubling me, I ask the god for an answer, and in between asleep and awake, I get the answer for what I asked. I understand that this is not my voice, or at least not my USUAL voice (by voice I mean, things that I say). This could be my higher self giving me my answer, or it could be an entity speaking, my imagination or dream or whatever, I don't really care what that is, all that matters to me is that my answer was given. - When the answer isn't given that way, I generally get the answer during the next day thanks to some situation.

I have a really hard time believing in entities taking over bodies, so when I listened to these interviews, I started enjoying Abraham's clips a lot more. Why does it matter if it's real or not, anyway? What matters is the message, and most of it is about feeling good. There is freedom in what they say, we can choose what to think about, what to focus on. They're not teaching us WHAT to think, they're teaching us a positive way to look at many life subjects, to enjoy our way in the path to our desires.

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 995
  • -Receive: 1419
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 05:05:08 AM »
There are also many people out there saying that the whole LoA is a scam. But when I apply it, it works for me, so why care what the negative people say who haven't bothered to understand it and use it properly? What matters is does it make a difference in your life or not.

Offline Supremer

• Are there any limits to this? Absolutely not! We are unlimited beings. We have no ceiling.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 329
  • -Receive: 59
  • EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 10:27:40 AM »
There are also many people out there saying that the whole LoA is a scam. But when I apply it, it works for me, so why care what the negative people say who haven't bothered to understand it and use it properly? What matters is does it make a difference in your life or not.

Exactly, congratulations, you nailed it, way to go lunareclipse!!!!  :D 8)

Offline Tenko

• Keep calm follow the call of source and move toward the light
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1081
  • -Receive: 1197
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 05:22:21 AM »
Thing is people sayin that it is a scam, loa proves to them it is a scam so it is kind of funny, ah they'll figure it out.

Offline Desideratum

• Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 886
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 05:59:49 AM »
I have always had trouble with so-called channeled entities... so I usually find wisdom with the other, earthly teachers of LOA.  Here's the rub, though, they say pretty much the same thing.  I think Esther gets her info from the same place we all do, streamed from universal consciousness, and she chooses to name it Abraham, either because she is misinterpreting something, is looking for a schtick to separate her from all the others, wants to compete with Bashar, whatever. 

But is her information bad?  That is the real litmus test.

Offline Maverick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 296
  • -Receive: 982
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 11:20:33 AM »
Yes. I sincerely think the whole "Extraterrestrial entity" talking to someone is a scam.

Every time I listen to those who extra terrestrial things talk to, I just can't help but see tons of NLP language patterns specially designed to trigger certain emotions in people.

Next thing, these people are experts when it comes to telling people what they want to hear.

Also, another question I have is how come there are no immensely successful people attending these seminars. Everyone is curious about their future, everyone wants to know ready made answers. But only people who turn and hook on these things are diseased, heart broken, those who can not achieve their dreams, those who are dissatisfied with their lives in general or a combination of any/all of those.
For sure, these people have lost touch with the reality.

One more question,
If they're extra terrestrials how come they talk in English?
And if they're not talking in English how can Esther translate it?
And if she's able to translate some alien language in flawless English, she should be able translate other languages that are already there on earth effortlessly?
And if that Abraham dude talks to her in terms of feelings, how come she can't sense the feelings of people that are sitting right next to her? If that is the case, I believe one doesn't even need to talk to her for her to know what this person wants to hear.

It's all very confusing.

In all honesty, this is just a business that preys on hopeless, helpless people.
Watch their free videos on YouTube just to feel a bit validated and noble. Don't ever buy their shit!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:28:13 AM by Maverick »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 995
  • -Receive: 1419
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »
Also, another question I have is how come there are no immensely successful people attending these seminars. Everyone is curious about their future, everyone wants to know ready made answers. But only people who turn and hook on these things are diseased, heart broken, those who can not achieve their dreams, those who are dissatisfied with their lives in general or a combination of any/all of those.
For sure, these people have lost touch with the reality.

I don't know about this one, I've heard many people asking questions that are successful or at least very happy with where they are at. There's this guy who is among 1000 Forbes richest people in the world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cll9ceu4rXA
there's this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGn75og6QBk
I don't remember the exact video links but I have heard tons of successful people asking questions on both Abraham and Bashar ::)
Everyone has SOME area in their life they would like improvement on, so obviously they will point out that one area, doesn't mean they are complete losers.

If they are ET or whatever, I honestly don't give a monkey's toss cause if the message works for you, great- use it, if it doesn't - oh well, find something that works for you. Bashar even specifically asks you to not pay attention to whether he is ET or not but only to the effect the message has on you.
Some people in here that have quoted Bashar, such as Zorba, FDT or Kazoo to me absolutely do NOT come across as miserable heartbroken people or out of touch with the real world ;D

It's so weird if I quote either Esther Hicks or Darryl Anka to people who don't know anything about them and they love everything I am saying and are super interested ... until I mention it's an ET channeling and then the reaction is either a) Oh No!! :o That must be a scam, better not listen to that! or b) Oh no!! :o That must be from the devil... :))

Offline Maverick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 296
  • -Receive: 982
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 01:55:09 PM »
You're really very innocent, girl.

I don't know about this one, I've heard many people asking questions that are successful or at least very happy with where they are at. There's this guy who is among 1000 Forbes richest people in the world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cll9ceu4rXA
there's this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGn75og6QBk
I don't remember the exact video links but I have heard tons of successful people asking questions on both Abraham and Bashar ::)
Everyone has SOME area in their life they would like improvement on, so obviously they will point out that one area, doesn't mean they are complete losers.

Those are exceptions, not the rule.
I do agree that everyone has some area in their lives that is not handled or can be improved on.

It again depends on the place the person is coming from. Now this guy who claims to be among Forbes 1000 richest people. (I don't believe it anyway. His credentials would have helped definitely. If that was authentic whats all the secrecy about, no name, no video?)
He's coming from the place of "curiosity", which is good. As opposed to the 99% of people going there.

As for bringing in people like one of Forbes 1000 richest, you  can not deny the possibility that the guy was paid to be there and ask the questions that the host can answer.

Pay me $50000 and I will do the same.

A "business" can do anything to make more money. I've been in similar business for a considerable amount of time.

You were immediately impressed when you learned someone of 1000 richest people is there, right? I wasn't.
It's a marketing trick. That is why celebrities and those popular people are paid to be on an advertisement.

Do not let the freebies convince you. :)

If they are ET or whatever, I honestly don't give a monkey's toss cause if the message works for you, great- use it, if it doesn't - oh well, find something that works for you.

I have to agree with you on this one.
However, my definition of something is "working" completely different and it doesn't go very well with the teaching of these people.

If something doesn't bring up the doubt, if something doesn't trigger some sort of emotional response in me, if something doesn't expose that "I suck", I know for sure that this strategy isn't gonna bring me fulfillment in long run. Every time something like this is exposed, I can grab and destroy it permanently. I come vibrationally stronger with each attempts at it.

You see, one needs to accept life as it comes. With all of it's ups and downs, lows and highs, negatives and positives, joys and sorrows.

It irks me to see people putting up facades of being happy even though they are completely disturbed deep down. Just talk positive and stay positive and ignore what you truly are down there at this very moment is a sure fire way to failure.

I'm not saying you're doing this in particular but that's the general vibe I sense around pseudo spiritual people.

The happiness compulsion. Asking questions, not accepting anything on faith and belief is not appreciated and considered negative and skeptic. lol.
Not much different that those organized religions. :D

Bashar even specifically asks you to not pay attention to whether he is ET or not but only to the effect the message has on you.
Haha! Ofcourse, the dude survives on the idea of ET.

If people REALLY start paying attention to it and start thinking "critically" and start asking questions that challenge the well established belief. He'll go flat broke if he failed to satisfy those skeptic minds. And may be, just may be, he has no proof for that so he encourages people to no pay attention to the fact.

Instead, he'll encourage people to feel good about what they are being told. He's saying the exact same things as that age old "mundane wisdom" but only has mastered to market it by packaging it in terms of spirituality.

This is an overall underlying message that he preaches
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

e people in here that have quoted Bashar, such as Zorba, FDT or Kazoo to me absolutely do NOT come across as miserable heartbroken people or out of touch with the real world ;D
Well no comments and no judgments on any of them based on what I read online. I'd consider myself eligible to have an opinion if/when I meet them in real life. And fuck my life - Zorba doesn't even exist here. May be after I die (or in terms of spirituality, when I ascend to higher or lower dimension of consciousness)

It's so weird if I quote either Esther Hicks or Darryl Anka to people who don't know anything about them and they love everything I am saying and are super interested ... until I mention it's an ET channeling and then the reaction is either a) Oh No!! :o That must be a scam, better not listen to that! or b) Oh no!! :o That must be from the devil... :))

lol :D
I know what you mean.

You can talk about embracing your current reality, taking action in spite of being demotivated and focusing more on what you can do right now and you will be eligible to taste the same fruit. :P

Offline Tenko

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 02:11:17 PM »
She does read their vibration she often replies to their question differently qus the question does not match the vibration. She can't read their mind cus to what the question is cus they have a wide range of active vibration and questions. Anyway the more u listen to them the more questions get resolved and you start to see she can't be faking and this is the real deal. But if you start being sceptical u start attracting videos that reflect that till that becomes your truth. That makes sence no? This is loa and its everywhere.
I mean her words contain vibration that WILL reflect to your life, she prepairs all her seminar so that it is designed like this to call u towards enlightement. Like exploring a dark map u begin to see more and more as you shed light over the darkspot. Often you wonder a question you get to a high place forget the question and paf just that answer.The more you listen to her the more higher things and people become available to you and all. Cus u now are on higher vibe, it will become obvious that this is loa and not a trend like everything else you see.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:20:21 PM by Tenko »

Offline Tenko

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »
Seriously all u dissing Abraham: u have been wrong I know cus everything I wish for u to follow this tru so u can see.

Offline Newman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 337
  • -Receive: 531
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 02:55:19 PM »
Is Abraham a scam?

It depends on you, on your perspective.

Well: Is Abraham a scam? ;)

P.S.: Remember: it is Your reality, your Creation!
... And belief is (almost?) everything.

Offline Anna1408

• Thank You
  • -Given: 894
  • -Receive: 1669
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »
My thoughts are that it is a scam in the sense that I find it hard to believe that "Abraham" communicates through Esther Hicks. But the LoA advice that is given is not a sccam to me as it is spot on. It is some of the best LoA advice around, and for that I would read or listen to Esther Hicks any day.

I could say the same thing about Bashar, too. I absolutely don't buy into the extraterrestrial thing, but again his advice is superb.

Tags: