Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Intrusive thoughts  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Laughoutloudx3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3896
  • -Receive: 1115
  • TogetherDivineLove<3!
    • View Profile
Intrusive thoughts
« on: July 30, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »
Hey!

Ok so I have a little bit of OCD as well as an anxiety disorder, which has mainly vanished. But every now & then I get hung up on one area of health, & worry about it. Well for the past 3 days I have had a reoccurring intrusive thought, replaying over & over & over again in my head, I just keep hearing the same line over & over & it's like I am not in control of it. The more I try to forget this thought the stronger it gets. It's not a good thought & I need it to stop, especially since knowing the loa I am freaking out over this thought & want it to go away now!! It has been continuous over the past 3 days, as soon as I wake up it is back again. Scientifically this supposedly happens bc the brain gets caught on a loop, & some neuro chemicals get all messed up or something, & cause this continuous looping of words. I'm going crazy over this & it's causing me severe anxiety. I've never had this happen before! Anyone please have annyyyy suggestions for removing obsessive intrusive thoughts?! :(

Offline BeHappy

• Fly high
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1898
  • -Receive: 599
  • I AM
    • View Profile
Re: Intrusive thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:10:27 AM »
It is just a thought. You fear it because it is important to you. You can`t stop it, the more you try to avoid thinking of something, the more you`ll think about it. So you fear the thought and the possibility of becoming real and then you remember about loa and get even more scared. Why doesn't this happen with good thoughts, also? :>
Don`t worry, about anything. Always remember that worrying doesn't fix things, so it is basically a waste of everything. That thought is as real as the thought that an apple is blue. But you don't care about the color of the apple, because it doesn't affect you. You fear the thought because you want to save yourself of something unwanted. Don`t fight it and try to acknowledge it for what it is, just a random thing going through your mind. Because it really doesn't mean anything, unless you fear it, unless you start fighting it. It`s loa. You cant win by fighting, you can win by not giving that thought power over yourself.

Eckhart Tolle - Don't take your thoughts too seriously

Offline Laughoutloudx3

• Thank You
  • TogetherDivineLove<3!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 12:19:58 AM »
Well the worry I have over it is that it is a constant loop, and I fear that by repeating over & over it may get planted into my subconscious, and nooooo! Lol so then what makes this thought any different from things I actually do try to attract!? Other things you try to attract you place a lot of focus on. This thought repeating repeatedly in my head is almost impossible not to focus on bc it's so bad & won't stop! But I actually just found something that I think may have helped a little. I repeated the thought myself, said the whole thought out even though I didn't want to and was afraid to, and by doing it myself it calmed the thought down, and now is not looping as much. I think bc I was trying not to acknowledge the thought that it kept looping until I did hear it. The thought is still there, but not as much. And I want the thought gone gone gone!! I've tried replacing it with something opposite & positive , that didn't really work either.  >:(

Offline sea of possibilities

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 31
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 02:06:45 AM »
If it's a health issue, can't you just check it out and make sure?
I would also try to write a personal text, a message to myself, with a key phrase like "don't be concerned about it, this is not it/this is never coming". Playing this on your conscious mind repeatedly and saying it out loud again and again will make you more relaxed about it, at least in the beginning.

Offline Laughoutloudx3

• Thank You
  • TogetherDivineLove<3!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 02:23:55 AM »
The thing is that I know that everything is okay, I am healthy. But this thought keeps basically telling me the opposite. I know the thought is wrong & that I am perfectly fine & will continue to be great, but the thought keeps looping. It is very anxiety producing , I've been anxious all day bc of it!!

Offline Liv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 637
  • -Receive: 994
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 02:39:41 AM »
I'm so glad it's not just me!  I sometimes get thoughts that I cannot get rid of too, and I definitely don't want them coming true!!  They eventually go away when I stop trying to force it away.  Sometimes I try to get another, good thought stuck in my head and that works.

Offline Laughoutloudx3

• Thank You
  • TogetherDivineLove<3!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 05:53:17 AM »
Liv, is it like an endless loop of a line on repeat?? I've only ever had this happen once before!! It drives me mad!! & yes the more I try to ignore it the worse it gets. It's not just you though , this is very normal for heavy OCD sufferers. I'm not one of them though, so this thought just needs to disappear!! :)

Offline Liv

• Thank You
  • -Given: 637
  • -Receive: 994
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 08:39:35 PM »
Yes!! It's like a song on repeat, only it's a couple words or a thought.  I had OCD as a kid, but now it only comes around when I'm super stressed.  The same one usually comes back often (like recently  >:().  Switchwords that sound similar to the thought I couldn't let go of helped a little, but really they just kind of go away eventually.

Offline Ginny

• Thank You
  • -Given: 596
  • -Receive: 1441
  • Welcome To the Wonderful World of Power Law of Attraction!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 09:21:11 PM »
I used to have this problem. I really thought I was going crazy for a while (I guess I was :) )

I read about a million books to try to overcome it. It may even be this that lead me to discover LOA.

I agree that the main thing is not to fight it. That only makes it worse.

Just accept the thoughts - observe them uncritically, as if they belong to someone else.

An affirmation that might help you: "No matter what I am thinking, I will be okay"

There is also a visualisation technique that might help: as a thought arises, acknowledge it, and imagine you are chucking it into a fast moving stream that will carry it far away from you.

The one that proved most effective for me though was to literally 'stare down' the thought. I mean really really scrutinise it, like it's an interesting new form of butterfly you've never seen before. Don't get involved in it - just look at it. If you understand the difference between observing and getting involved, you will see the disturbing thoughts just melt away. If you get involved, they grow - but if you observe - by which I mean really really stare at them (what do they look like? What is your body feeling? How do they smell? How do they taste? Etc) they will freeze, and then go away.

Hope this helps :)

Offline Laughoutloudx3

• Thank You
  • TogetherDivineLove<3!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 01:15:42 AM »
Yes liv, that is exactly what is going on!! I tried a few techniques last night that helped for the night, but now it is back again!!

I will try your suggestions, thank you Ginny!!

Offline Calm

• Thank You
  • -Given: 463
  • -Receive: 827
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 06:40:48 AM »
So you're a hypochondriac?

Thats just anxiety and thought processes, so using LOA techniques should help you.

I don't know which ones lol but you know enough of them to figure out which ones to try.

I HAVE FAITH IN YOU LOL3!!

Tags: