Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Is Abraham a scam?  (Read 10619 times)

Offline AS & I ARE HAPPY MARRIAGE NOW :)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3298
  • -Receive: 1378
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: Is Abraham a scam?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 07:50:45 PM »
I am Reiki attuned and an empath... So I am quite sensitive to people's energies and anything negative I will stay away from.

I have been to two of Abraham's seminars and have sat on the front seat... When Esther walked in I had literally a deep burning sensation in my third eye... She had a bright, beautiful and huge aura which extended above and around her body... And she was emitting an amazingly powerful and yet pure, loving and soothing energy... I couldn't help but smile and feel peaceful for the whole seminar...

I had doubts couple of years back but not anymore after attending her seminars... She is definitely connecting with a beautiful powerful Energy and sharing the information.

GOD BLESS,
NS

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 995
  • -Receive: 1419
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 06:21:51 AM »
Those are exceptions, not the rule.
I do agree that everyone has some area in their lives that is not handled or can be improved on.

It again depends on the place the person is coming from. Now this guy who claims to be among Forbes 1000 richest people. (I don't believe it anyway. His credentials would have helped definitely. If that was authentic whats all the secrecy about, no name, no video?)
He's coming from the place of "curiosity", which is good. As opposed to the 99% of people going there.

As for bringing in people like one of Forbes 1000 richest, you  can not deny the possibility that the guy was paid to be there and ask the questions that the host can answer.

Pay me $50000 and I will do the same.

A "business" can do anything to make more money. I've been in similar business for a considerable amount of time.

You were immediately impressed when you learned someone of 1000 richest people is there, right? I wasn't.
It's a marketing trick. That is why celebrities and those popular people are paid to be on an advertisement.

Do not let the freebies convince you.

Lol, I'm not half as innocent as you think (this forum needs more emoticons, I need the one with little devil horns). Besides, my husband is the ultimate skeptic and conspiracy theorist, so I'm used to that.
There is a possibility of a marketing trick and to be honest, I only listened to the first 5 minutes of the Forbes guy interview so I must've not been THAT impressed. I rarely listen to Esther Hicks, maybe up to 10 videos in all my life, but  I have read most of her books.
But then again, to me your statement that the ONLY people that listen to channelings are miserable losers does not hold water.
When I lived in London, a friend of mine bought herself a Ferrari and after a while she asked me to go to the Ferrari club meetings with her (mostly cause she couldn't get the car out of the garage by herself, long story), I was initially prejudiced assuming I'd find a bunch of cocky uptight people but boy was I wrong, instead I met some of the kindest positive sweet people I have ever met and yes some of them were extremely wealthy, they had 4-5 Ferraris, worked with celebrities, had million dollar mansions etc. But I know for a fact that some of them listen to Bashar since I have had conversations with them about him.
One of my really good friends owns her own art gallery and just bought a million dollar cottage with her own art studio and she is a huge Abraham fan.
My point is that everyone bases their opinion on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and according to MY personal experience, people who I know personally that listen to channelings are not some losers sitting alone in the corner, heartbroken and diseased. Maybe the people that you have personally met that you relate to Abraham/Bashar are losers but it would be pretty ignorant to stereotype EVERYONE or even MOST OF THEM as such.

Haha! Ofcourse, the dude survives on the idea of ET.

If people REALLY start paying attention to it and start thinking "critically" and start asking questions that challenge the well established belief. He'll go flat broke if he failed to satisfy those skeptic minds. And may be, just may be, he has no proof for that so he encourages people to no pay attention to the fact.

Again, I disagree with that. In my opinion the ET fact pushes away more people than it attracts, his message is very different and had he just scribbled it down somewhere in the corner and published it as his own ideas as Darryl Anka, he would've milked way more money, just as Jack Canfield or Rhonda Byrne.
I honestly don't know anyone who listens to Bashar or Abraham BECAUSE they are ET/other dimensional/whatever but normally people listen because the message resonates with them and makes sense. If Darryl Anka was to "come out of the closet" and admit there is no Bashar, it was all from his own mind, would I stop listening to him because of that? No, of course not, cause the message is the same.
The reason why I like Bashar is because The Secret is a little too rosy for me, ahh just say what you want and it's yours, no effort required. But it doesn't even mention your belief systems, which is why people easily attract yellow butterflies and cups of coffee but run into difficulties when they want something bigger.
Bashar talks more about taking action to as much extent as you can every day and beliefs so it just sounds a bit more 'realistic' to me (but again, defined by whose reality? lol).

And fuck my life - Zorba doesn't even exist here. May be after I die (or in terms of spirituality, when I ascend to higher or lower dimension of consciousness)
??? You're contradicting yourself, sounds like you just put Zorba in the same place as Abraham.

Now, leaving out the personalities like Bashar and Abraham, is channeling itself as an idea possible? And I don't mean just channeling higher self, I mean channeling an entity of any kind.
I find it odd sometimes how people (especially IT people just as yourself) can completely accept the ideas of satellite dishes and how they work, the idea how just clicking on a single website sends signals of ones and zeros to multiple servers around the world at lightning speed and can circle the earth at fractions of a second and translate all that into pictures, video and sound on your computer screen, or the idea that you can take a radio and tune it into a a channel to catch data on a certain wavelength anywhere, is totally acceptable. But the idea that you could tune your brain into a channel where you are able to receive a transmission (provided that there is a transmitter and a receiver) somehow seems SO impossible, just because there are no screws or visible antennas.
It irks me to see people putting up facades of being happy even though they are completely disturbed deep down. Just talk positive and stay positive and ignore what you truly are down there at this very moment is a sure fire way to failure.

I'm not saying you're doing this in particular but that's the general vibe I sense around pseudo spiritual people.
I have noticed that many spiritual people have a tendency to turn this way because Secret enforces the idea that if you complain, you get more of it, so people tend to avoid it. I have always said bottling things up is not good but  at the same time making a big deal out of small things is kinda immature as well. I used to fuss a lot about small stuff but then I learned to take a step back and think if it really matters that much ::)
Of course there are also people that have been brought up with the idea that "nobody likes a whiner" so they tend not to complain publicly.
But there is also a difference between the facade that people present to you and what is really happening. On the latter example a person might fully admit their depression to themselves but does not want to trouble the others but on the first case the person will try to fool themselves into thinking that everything is great without dealing with the cause and that's not good either. But in my experience, the only one that promotes this kind of attitude is the Secret. Bashar especially warns against the "fake happiness" and encourages you to deal with your shit and get your action on.

Ahh, I wasn't planning to waste any time at the forum today, so if you answer and I don't reply, I apologize ahead, must get my action on and get studying :P

Offline Maverick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 296
  • -Receive: 982
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 10:42:58 AM »
Lol, I'm not half as innocent as you think (this forum needs more emoticons, I need the one with little devil horns). Besides, my husband is the ultimate skeptic and conspiracy theorist, so I'm used to that.
There is a possibility of a marketing trick and to be honest, I only listened to the first 5 minutes of the Forbes guy interview so I must've not been THAT impressed. I rarely listen to Esther Hicks, maybe up to 10 videos in all my life, but  I have read most of her books.
But then again, to me your statement that the ONLY people that listen to channelings are miserable losers does not hold water.
When I lived in London, a friend of mine bought herself a Ferrari and after a while she asked me to go to the Ferrari club meetings with her (mostly cause she couldn't get the car out of the garage by herself, long story), I was initially prejudiced assuming I'd find a bunch of cocky uptight people but boy was I wrong, instead I met some of the kindest positive sweet people I have ever met and yes some of them were extremely wealthy, they had 4-5 Ferraris, worked with celebrities, had million dollar mansions etc. But I know for a fact that some of them listen to Bashar since I have had conversations with them about him.
One of my really good friends owns her own art gallery and just bought a million dollar cottage with her own art studio and she is a huge Abraham fan.
My point is that everyone bases their opinion on PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and according to MY personal experience, people who I know personally that listen to channelings are not some losers sitting alone in the corner, heartbroken and diseased. Maybe the people that you have personally met that you relate to Abraham/Bashar are losers but it would be pretty ignorant to stereotype EVERYONE or even MOST OF THEM as such.

Okay, fair enough. The only reason you're pissed is because you listen to Bashar, little monster looking innocent girl.   :-X

Again, I disagree with that. In my opinion the ET fact pushes away more people than it attracts, his message is very different and had he just scribbled it down somewhere in the corner and published it as his own ideas as Darryl Anka, he would've milked way more money, just as Jack Canfield or Rhonda Byrne.
I honestly don't know anyone who listens to Bashar or Abraham BECAUSE they are ET/other dimensional/whatever but normally people listen because the message resonates with them and makes sense. If Darryl Anka was to "come out of the closet" and admit there is no Bashar, it was all from his own mind, would I stop listening to him because of that? No, of course not, cause the message is the same.
The reason why I like Bashar is because The Secret is a little too rosy for me, ahh just say what you want and it's yours, no effort required. But it doesn't even mention your belief systems, which is why people easily attract yellow butterflies and cups of coffee but run into difficulties when they want something bigger.
Bashar talks more about taking action to as much extent as you can every day and beliefs so it just sounds a bit more 'realistic' to me (but again, defined by whose reality? lol).

Oh! really? I was excited about such stuff ONLY because it was ET. I firmly believe in the existence of aliens. The only reason I got into Abraham/Bashar listening.
Later I realized that these people are no different than those "Sadhu" folks here in India who specialize in cold reading and psychologically pleasing tangent advice - only difference is they (Bashar/Abraham) speak in English and act like they are really confident.

I have got tons of mentors in my real life who give me practical, workable advice and training. I don't give two shits about esoteric teachers who never talk about how one can fix limiting beliefs, raise vibrations and making permanent long lasting change. I got no other reason to even consider listening to Bashar or Abraham apart from ET thing.

??? You're contradicting yourself, sounds like you just put Zorba in the same place as Abraham.

Nope, it's called sarcasm. Not contradiction. Nothing worse than sarcasm that is not understood. Makes me feel stupid. Geez!
As far as I remember, Zorba claims to be Alien.

Now, leaving out the personalities like Bashar and Abraham, is channeling itself as an idea possible? And I don't mean just channeling higher self, I mean channeling an entity of any kind.
I find it odd sometimes how people (especially IT people just as yourself) can completely accept the ideas of satellite dishes and how they work, the idea how just clicking on a single website sends signals of ones and zeros to multiple servers around the world at lightning speed and can circle the earth at fractions of a second and translate all that into pictures, video and sound on your computer screen, or the idea that you can take a radio and tune it into a a channel to catch data on a certain wavelength anywhere, is totally acceptable. But the idea that you could tune your brain into a channel where you are able to receive a transmission (provided that there is a transmitter and a receiver) somehow seems SO impossible, just because there are no screws or visible antennas.

Nah! It wasn't me.
You're right about IT people though, but still, I don't consider myself to be IT - I am just happy to be a computer programmer.
And the reason people have easier time accepting the idea of electronic telecommunication is because they SEE and EXPERIENCE it's existence themselves.
Is that the case with channeling? I think not!.

Let them see and experience it and they will believe it. Clearly, not something anyone needs to be worried about.

See, I have no issues with concept of ET or channeling. I know one thing for sure that "I don't know what I don't know". I do not jump of conclusion that something is full of shit without having seen both ends of spectrum.
As far as transmitting frequencies is the idea that I love about LOA. Human brain is the most powerful transmitter and receiver in the currently know universe.

There is no proof that ETs exists nor there is a proof that ETs do not exists.

I have noticed that many spiritual people have a tendency to turn this way because Secret enforces the idea that if you complain, you get more of it, so people tend to avoid it. I have always said bottling things up is not good but  at the same time making a big deal out of small things is kinda immature as well. I used to fuss a lot about small stuff but then I learned to take a step back and think if it really matters that much ::)
Of course there are also people that have been brought up with the idea that "nobody likes a whiner" so they tend not to complain publicly.
But there is also a difference between the facade that people present to you and what is really happening. On the latter example a person might fully admit their depression to themselves but does not want to trouble the others but on the first case the person will try to fool themselves into thinking that everything is great without dealing with the cause and that's not good either. But in my experience, the only one that promotes this kind of attitude is the Secret. Bashar especially warns against the "fake happiness" and encourages you to deal with your shit and get your action on.

Well, human communication is majorly about the "vibe" that one has. Not what they talk/don't talk. It's more about "how" they talk and not about "what" they talk.

Ahh, I wasn't planning to waste any time at the forum today, so if you answer and I don't reply, I apologize ahead, must get my action on and get studying :P

Cool! Don't reply to this. I'm moving to Berlin this week. So I'm gonna have a lot of better things to do than posting online  :P

PS: I still think Bashar is a fruitcake :D

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 10:59:49 AM »
As far as I remember, Zorba claims to be Alien.
Oh darn, in my mind's eye he always looked like Salvador Dali and now he looks like Kif from Futurama :-X

Lol, I'm not even remotely pissed :P I wouldn't mind continuing this mud wrestle match with you but gns3 is calling my name and time is honey ;D

ps. Bashar is a chocolate cake (purely cause I don't eat raisins or any other dried fruit that goes into  fruitcakes) and I will dig right in :D

Offline Maverick

• Thank You
  • -Given: 296
  • -Receive: 982
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »
Oh darn, in my mind's eye he always looked like Salvador Dali and now he looks like Kif from Futurama

LOL :D :D  ;D ;D

Lol, I'm not even remotely pissed  I wouldn't mind continuing this mud wrestle match with you but gns3 is calling my name and time is honey 

I wouldn't mind either. I gotta pack my stuff, collect work permit etc. And time is, well, new types of beers and a couple new girlfriends in new city.

ps. Bashar is a chocolate cake (purely cause I don't eat raisins or any other dried fruit that goes into  fruitcakes) and I will dig right in

Gross!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline lovejoyeternity

• We are forever loved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 100
  • Love is everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 09:13:23 AM »
Whenever a person speaks from Love/Appreciation, they are speaking from God/Source. In that sense, no Abraham is not a scam. In fact, Esther admits that Abraham is just the larger part of her. It's her connection to her inner-being (God/Source within).

You have the same ability. There is no separation from you and God/Source.

In Christian Scriptures it says "The Kingdom of God is within you".

In Taoism they say "The Way to Heaven is not through The Sky but through The Heart".

Esther is just trying to inspire people to stay in the high frequency of Love/Appreciation and if you are inspired to do so, then great. If not, you can watch another video and listen to someone else. The most important thing is your vibration.

Offline penguin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 261
  • -Receive: 123
  • I'm worthy of and deserve everything I desire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 03:23:51 PM »
I don't really believe in communication with "ethereal" beings, or ethereal beings in general, so I have to say, I think Abraham is nothing but a marketing tool.

I think those teleshop commercials are a good analogy.

They sell you completely usual things, like frying pans or a lamps. They make 20-30 minute commercials where they constantly talk about how great that frying pan is. Then the teleshop guy interviews a bunch of guys in lab coats, who will all say that "Yes, trust it, it was scientifically proven that this is a great frying pan, you should totally buy this frying pan!"
Of course, you have no way to prove that those are actually scientists, who actually made an experiment. They are just a bunch of actors wearing lab coats.
However, that doesn't make the frying pan any less real. It's still real, it still functions just as well as any other frying pan, you can make nice pancakes in it... And you can buy it for $99999999999999.99...

Or, you can just go to any shop and get a frying pan, that is just as good, for a normal price. You won't have dudes in lab coats standing there, assuring you that this is a great frying pan... But you don't even need them, because you aren't stupid and can tell that that frying pan will be just as good at frying, lol

The teleshop guy = Esther.
The "scientists" = Abraham.
LOA = the frying pan.

Offline lovejoyeternity

• We are forever loved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 100
  • Love is everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 03:47:02 AM »
I am Reiki attuned and an empath... So I am quite sensitive to people's energies and anything negative I will stay away from.

I have been to two of Abraham's seminars and have sat on the front seat... When Esther walked in I had literally a deep burning sensation in my third eye... She had a bright, beautiful and huge aura which extended above and around her body... And she was emitting an amazingly powerful and yet pure, loving and soothing energy...

Wow, I didn't even notice this post before I responded! Great post. If you don't mind me asking what color was the aura? And how long ago was this? Thanks for sharing.

Offline RollingRock33

• Captain Awesome
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 147
  • Captain Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:10 AM »
Yup. Definitely is. LoA is real, Esther Hicks is a con-artist ass. Just putting that out there. Really? She started moving her nose around in "shapes", which formed the name "Abraham"? She's making the whole thing look bad.

Offline Mr Brightside

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 144
  • -Receive: 6844
  • Now I am Power Stefzilla! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 09:18:43 AM »
The ET and channeling thing is real ... Trust me when you get to that level your gonna delete every post you made

You do know anything one can do so can others .. That's the sweet part about our little universe

Channeling comes in different forms but the information is just amazing. You don't think my posts are just a guy sitting at a keyboard do you  8)

Free your mind my friend , your thinking way way too small

Offline Mr Brightside

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 02:21:59 AM »
Hmm this is hard to explain really. No i dont in the sense Bashar does...

Personally i think Hicks, Bashar are channeling the same "source" of material, but it manifests in different ways. I guess you can say it passes through a different filter (them) and comes out in their own way.

For me i got to a place where i could write, pages and pages and pages of information... things just flowed to me in a way i cant even explain. Its like having the most AHA! moment in your life, where you are seeing things from a totally bigger perspective.

That was a few years ago, it takes being in a special kind of "mind set" to say the least.

Also through my experiences i found there is "consciousnesses" out there... Orion's belt.

(Yes i know this sounds totally insane, but im just being honest with what i experienced, which i would never repeat outside of this forum haha)

Offline Mr Brightside

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 02:45:56 AM »
I dont know if the info came from there, but i had some weird manifestations and "signs" pointing to it...

It would be fun to do it again, took me a few months to get there and i was in a much much better place "spiritually" than i am now.

Offline lunareclipse

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 09:01:21 AM »
Also through my experiences i found there is "consciousnesses" out there... Orion's belt.
About 20 years ago I read an article about people that claimed they had an alien encounter with a group of ETs that said they were from Orion's belt :)

Offline AS & I ARE HAPPY MARRIAGE NOW :)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3298
  • -Receive: 1378
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 11:13:28 AM »
I dont know if the info came from there, but i had some weird manifestations and "signs" pointing to it...

I remember the sign you shared with me... It was pretty amazing :)

Also the first time I was skeptical about going to Abraham's seminar you and truelove cleared my doubt... Thanks for that Stef... Both times I went, I had absolutely amazing experiences :D

Offline MA138

• Thank You
  • -Given: 280
  • -Receive: 943
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
About 20 years ago I read an article about people that claimed they had an alien encounter with a group of ETs that said they were from Orion's belt :)

Yeah I saw that episode of X-Files too ;)

Tags: