Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: I'm so blind!  (Read 302 times)

Offline Merkid

• Thank You
  • -Given: 190
  • -Receive: 70
  • I AM A POWER ATTRACTORRR
    • View Profile
I'm so blind!
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:11:25 AM »
I start off with all this positive thinking, and expect a miracle to happen when I would next encounter him. So then that day came (we are both in an acting/improv class) and things don't head the way I want to. At least...I thought so. I feel he is (or getting) interested, I can pinpoint this despite him giving mix signals. Well the class went as casual as usual, we don't usually talk much, I recently started paying attention to him. I always thought he was attractive but, like a lot of other attractive men, I usually don't put much attention and am typically caught in my own stuff. But he just gave this semi-flirtatious vibe in the start that ..I guess lured me to him? He probably LOA'd me lol. I don't know.

Well anyway, so I get out of the class kind of upset but still have hopes. (mind you, I've read a lot about the LOA and despite knowing this, I'm still training my mind to apply it properly.) So I just start thinking about all the things that COULD have happened (bad thinking!) rather than what HAD happened. It wasn't until yesterday that it hit me, "Why am I thinking this way if I knew some good things happened during class?"

I think one of the reasons it was hard for me to get a grasp of the good stuff was because it's an ACTING class so it can be hard to distinguish if they're really just acting it out or not?

Well, good small things that happened were things (and always be grateful for even the smallest signs the universe gives you!) such as:

- During some warm-up activities, we'd converse with each other and he'd approach me a couple of times walking up to me and make conversation (even though acting.)
- We had a performance activity that we'd pick up notes of papers (can't see them yet!) and depending what it said inside, was what we had to act out or act like. Well..funny thing, I got "Feeling excited." and he got "Wanting to feel loved"  :P and he winded up resting his head on my shoulder and hugging me when acting out the improv (not rehearsed) scene.  :D
- He'd attempt to sit next to me when others would get up and perform a scene.
- When the instructor asked my opinion about a scene between him and this other girl, he blurted out "Is it because you find us attractive?" Well I didn't hesitate and said yes and he had this awkward, shy look on his face lol!

There's probably more but I guess I need to count the small things, right?  ;)

I only see him once a week.. and still don't have his contact, but I guess that'll somehow come within time..? I'm also trying to work on myself as well with things just to not overthink stuff.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:13:28 AM by Merkid »

Offline sparklingstar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 199
  • -Receive: 236
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so blind!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 05:21:12 AM »
Is that guy someone new right? Not someone you have dated?
Sorry for the question just to make sure I don't misunderstand  ;D

Offline JulieDB

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 61
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 05:43:52 AM »
Why don't you just ask him out for coffee or something?

Offline Merkid

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:08:21 AM »
Is that guy someone new right? Not someone you have dated?
Sorry for the question just to make sure I don't misunderstand  ;D
This is a new dude!

Offline Merkid

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 08:09:11 AM »
I actually have a plan in mind with something else but itís not until I can make more conversation with him. Iím not really good at approaching.

Offline suikaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 65
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 11:39:47 AM »
I start off with all this positive thinking, and expect a miracle to happen when I would next encounter him. So then that day came (we are both in an acting/improv class) and things don't head the way I want to. At least...I thought so. I feel he is (or getting) interested, I can pinpoint this despite him giving mix signals. Well the class went as casual as usual, we don't usually talk much, I recently started paying attention to him. I always thought he was attractive but, like a lot of other attractive men, I usually don't put much attention and am typically caught in my own stuff. But he just gave this semi-flirtatious vibe in the start that ..I guess lured me to him? He probably LOA'd me lol. I don't know.

Well anyway, so I get out of the class kind of upset but still have hopes. (mind you, I've read a lot about the LOA and despite knowing this, I'm still training my mind to apply it properly.) So I just start thinking about all the things that COULD have happened (bad thinking!) rather than what HAD happened. It wasn't until yesterday that it hit me, "Why am I thinking this way if I knew some good things happened during class?"

I think one of the reasons it was hard for me to get a grasp of the good stuff was because it's an ACTING class so it can be hard to distinguish if they're really just acting it out or not?

Well, good small things that happened were things (and always be grateful for even the smallest signs the universe gives you!) such as:

- During some warm-up activities, we'd converse with each other and he'd approach me a couple of times walking up to me and make conversation (even though acting.)
- We had a performance activity that we'd pick up notes of papers (can't see them yet!) and depending what it said inside, was what we had to act out or act like. Well..funny thing, I got "Feeling excited." and he got "Wanting to feel loved"  :P and he winded up resting his head on my shoulder and hugging me when acting out the improv (not rehearsed) scene.  :D
- When the instructor asked my opinion about a scene between him and this other girl, he blurted out "Is it because you find us attractive?" Well I didn't hesitate and said yes and he had this awkward, shy look on his face lol!

I only see him once a week.. and still don't have his contact, but I guess that'll somehow come within time..? I'm also trying to work on myself as well with things just to not overthink stuff.

What is your question regarding LOA anyway??
Are you just sharing experiences of meeting new people? Sorry. I just don't get it.

Offline JulieDB

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »
I actually have a plan in mind with something else but itís not until I can make more conversation with him. Iím not really good at approaching.

I see. I guess I am just more direct. I would get a bunch of people together after and invite him along. That way it doesn't look like you are singling him out.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Merkid

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 04:39:56 PM »

I see. I guess I am just more direct. I would get a bunch of people together after and invite him along. That way it doesn't look like you are singling him out.

This was actually my plan lol. Thank you.

Offline Merkid

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 04:41:06 PM »

What is your question regarding LOA anyway??
Are you just sharing experiences of meeting new people? Sorry. I just don't get it.
Kind of yeah lol.. but Iím also open to any advice too. Like opinions I guess you can say.

Offline sparklingstar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 199
  • -Receive: 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »
Well leave all doubt aside and next time you see him just go talk to him for the acting classes etc. You could comment something on it. Keep talking and you might see hikm easily asking you for contact details. The fact you keep talking will give him the signal you want to talk further. Then tell him you should go out sometime and then you take it from there. Also being detached visualise you two talking a few times and exhanging contact and even him saying "wow let's go out soon".

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Tags: