Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: forum need moderation  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Mr Brightside

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 144
  • -Receive: 6822
  • Now I am Power Stefzilla! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: forum need moderation
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
He was banned, just to clear that up. He wasnít banned for one thing but many many posts Iíve read. He would troll or insult people and often didnít contribute anything beyond that. For every 1 good post he has 10 that weíre either sexist, insensitive or down right insulting.

Iím not the PC police here, frankly I donít give a shit if you openly discuss things or use language. Most of my early posts were pretty blunt... but there is a line. The line is when your behaviour creates a negative environment rather than productive.

In my opinion that was clearly crossed a long time ago and it was getting out of control. Also any real guru can provide information without shitting on his subjects.. I know it looks cool but itís not the right approach.

Thatís just my 2 cents. Oh not to mention countless email complaints Iíve received over time

Online siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1083
  • -Receive: 1119
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »
As I said as soon as it is not about him or about the members that I truely respect I ve no problem with this...

I m writing this here exclusively because moderators should truely understand that throwing away a memeber with that amount of knowledge is a loss for everybody...

Also his "obsessed girl post" it was one of the funniest and inspiring ones ever..why did they delete it...?

Because it was a fairy story. Surely nobody actually believed it?

I'd read what Mr Brightside has to say.

Offline Bluesunrise

• Thank You
  • -Given: 109
  • -Receive: 157
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2018, 01:59:41 PM »
As I said as soon as it is not about him or about the members that I truely respect I ve no problem with this...

I m writing this here exclusively because moderators should truely understand that throwing away a memeber with that amount of knowledge is a loss for everybody...

Also his "obsessed girl post" it was one of the funniest and inspiring ones ever..why did they delete it...?

Because it was a fairy story. Surely nobody actually believed it?

I'd read what Mr Brightside has to say.

I truely respect what Mr Brightside says and what he decided...

But you gotta understand that your reality IS NOT everybody s reality the forum Moderator can take a decision which I respect BUT It doesn t change my opinion neither the other people s opinion who are actualy trying to find Psionic...

There is not ONLY one truth but MANY TRUTHS...

~ The WORRIOR s path cocnsists NOT TO necessarily agree with what big masses think ~ this is the ultimate free will !

Offline Desideratum

• Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 813
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2018, 11:57:24 PM »
The problem is simple, people forget that this is an LOA forum, which also includes methods like remote seduction and remote influence. That's it. Someone suggested that the mods create a special section for RS/RI, well, maybe take a look at the front page because that section has been there all along. What does that mean? It means that the creator of this forum INTENDED for RI/RS and, I would venture to guess, any related subject to be part of the conversation here.

What is conspicuously NOT present are sections on psychology, conventional wisdom, Dr. Phil-ology, traditional religion-Christianity, traditional religion-Hinduism, traditional religion-Buddhism, traditional religion-wikka, etc. Too many people give useless advice when posed with LOA questions. No one needs to be told to "text their ex," or "call their ex," when they ask how LOA can help unite them with their ex. If you don't want to provide an answer, or some advice, then STFU with your conventional, Dr. Phil in the Morning nonsense. People have a hundred other forums to go to for that. If you don't think they should get back with their ex, tell them respectfully and go away, PM them or, again, just STFU. Of COURSE they should not get back with their ex, and of course all texting and calling and everything else has blown up, or they wouldn't be here.

But they are NOT ready to hear conventional advise from you, NOR is this the right place for that. Anymore than this not being the right place for pickup advise, male pattern douchebaggery vis-a-vis naturalfreedom, etc. Or any other phony wisdom that allows, condones and/or trains men and/or women to be fucking assholes to each other in lieu of real growth .... again WHICH should be sought in the appropriate places.

If you understand that LOA, better referred to as Creative Thought, requires mental discipline, which in turn requires some emotional balance an strength, then you can advise folks who are in the throws of mental instability on what they need to succeed in LOA. Remember Angelusofthesea? I do. One thing they said is that most people simply do not want to take the bull by the horns and discipline their minds. No surprise we do not see Angeleusofthesea much anymore, people here don't like that advise.

And what is worse, to deny, or advise away from using LOA in lieu of your conventional wisdom in THIS forum is ridiculous. Talk about who should be banned .... hint: its members who forget what kind of forum this is. I could say a lot more on this, but this is a good start.

Offline sparklingstar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 199
  • -Receive: 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2018, 04:25:27 AM »
What is still not changing in this forum is people going into topics and starting another convo inside that has to do with problems of the forum and not the poster's question. Then you are not actually answering the questions of the poster and actually help this forum become a mess over and over again instead of helping it.
Why do you guys need to do that. I really can't find an explanation for this. If you have such a problem just go open a new topic or talk though PM.
No need to make things dramatic and also let people just have a proper convo without creating problems.
Btw I'm referring to other topics in general not this one.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:33:40 AM by sparklingstar »

Offline Mr Brightside

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 144
  • -Receive: 6822
  • Now I am Power Stefzilla! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2018, 08:03:19 AM »
There is a fundamental issue with a forum like this .. Itís actually a oxymoron. Itís very difficult to manifest something when you focus on the problem.

Most posts are from people who are struggling and looking for help, or who say something isnít working. You read it and you start to doubt it yourself.. and then you post about your issues. The cycle just keeps repeating itself.

My advice is to come on here, read and learn. Then go and actually do it .. and donít come back until you post a success story. focus on your future and what you want , and leave negative noise as far away as possible

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 436
  • -Receive: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2018, 02:14:55 PM »
Original post is about too little moderation. All those issues  are just examples of that there are no forum rules one can refer to. Consequently, users can discuss endlessly what is ok or notÖ

there are number of posts where members post their query/ help  while other members hijack that thread with their own problems

I mean as I said I read posts which totaly lack deeper knowledge = people relying on mainstream non sense loa stuff which has no foundation...

In my opinion that was clearly crossed a long time ago and it was getting out of control. Also any real guru can provide information without shitting on his subjects.. I know it looks cool but itís not the right approach.

people to behave in a PC manner but to treat everyone with respect. There should be plenty of room for healthy debate on issues and disagreements

This is just the way the Admin wants it to be:   There is hardly any dependable ďregulationĒ for whatever reason .  I personally do not know any larger forum without clear terms and conditions  such as a netiquette-rule etc.   
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:30:17 PM by yesican »

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 436
  • -Receive: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2018, 06:21:54 PM »
without clear terms and conditions 

I of course meant WITHOUT clear terms and conditions.... sorry, I already corrected this in my original post ;)

Offline Kashish

• 🕉
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 309
  • -Receive: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2018, 02:36:09 PM »
Do you even care :)  admin?

We have so much to offer as a forum. This is not what going where it should be going.  Once in a while Off topic discussion happens, and it's expected with such a large forum but not every time. 

Good ppl have left the forum and one who stayed behind are less active. Trolls have taken over. This is not LOA forum but relationship forum, it seems so.
http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php?topic=25879.msg217418#msg217418

I am not saying you spend your whole day here. But pls delegate your duties to few ppl who are active here. Not asking much.  Forum maintenance is huge tasks , and if possible make mods here. I'm sure ppl are willing to help out.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:49:14 PM by Kashish »

Offline HermesHorse

• Oracles don't sugarcoat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 421
  • -Receive: 19
  • More powerful than you'll ever know - NO BUDDIES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2018, 04:50:58 PM »
One of the issues with moderation is that moderators are often unpaid and if you start bringing others in, it is done on trust.

Quite often the people volunteering themselves are possibly the least appropriate - as they will happily condone bullying from their former clique and friends and anyone who agrees with their version of 'reality'.

This is what often ruins good forums - you need impartiality.

We all see that some people assume that because they spend a huge amount of time on this site that somehow they have a direct line to the LOA and everything connected to it, but there is very little evidence other than their own opinion which is rammed down everyone's throats at every available opportunity.

I've seen threads hijacked on this and other sites where the two individuals haven't even had any experience of what was being discussed and yet there they were moralising on why you must NOT do xyz. They had no reason to comment, they had no reason to pull anyone else down with their nonsense but hey when I asked the moderator she pointed out that these were a "genius" and "top dog". Right so you're given these designations because you rattle off multiple vacuous nonsensical bollocks and call them posts and somehow you are rewarded with a status that makes you feel superior to someone who's done the work, had an experience, didn't match yours or the 'book's' experience and they are the one's doing it ALL WRONG.

Calling people "Hero Members", "Godlike Secretions of the LOA" or whatever really just goes to their heads.

OK...

You need people who won't automatically side with their buddies or have the highest number of posts as somehow having relevance or status.
Additionally if you choose to add more moderators please ensure that you cover a global perspective not simply a subcontinental hands up "Me, me, me - please let it be me".

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:21:59 PM by HermesHorse »

Offline sparklingstar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 199
  • -Receive: 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2018, 06:58:39 PM »
Mr Ankur just find 4 people and make them mods and whatever happens. It's better than having noone.

For real don't let this forum die. It is so many years now in here. In the end people will ditch it and they will be right.

Tags: