Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Cannot feel what I visualize?  (Read 168 times)

Offline Vex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Cannot feel what I visualize?
« on: August 12, 2017, 07:12:07 AM »
Iv been stuck on this part for over a year now. When I use affirmations or try to visualize what I want, I am flooded with positive and joyful emotions. But as I continue visualizing what I want the emotion starts to become more and more stale overtime. Its very similar to if you listen to an awesome song over and over again, eventually you just stop feeling that "awesome" feeling after listening to it for so many times. Iv even cut down my visualization sessions to once a day but still its the same.

Iv mentioned this to a few people and they say "maybe its not what you really want" when it truly is something I really really want. No matter how wonderful the feeling is, it tends to die down after a period of a few days until I feel nothing from that visual scene, or nothing from the vision board / affirmations. I don't know how people can maintain these emotions for such a very long time. Any help please?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:36:01 AM by Vex »

Offline Colonel Roosevelt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2542
  • -Receive: 2270
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot feel what I visualize?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 08:53:28 AM »
I think you're actually doing it right. You're not the only one, lots of others mentioned similar feelings too. When I visualize or do affirmations, the same happens to me...the feelings will get more intense, like boiling a pot of water, it starts off slow but then the heat is more intense and it boils, so much feeling and momentum, your attitude changes, your mindset changes. But then you reach a point where you feel calm and spaced out, like you're in a different level of mind, maybe you're even sick of doing the technique, like you don't want to focus on it anymore.

I like to compare it to video games, it's like when you're so excited about a video game and you want to play it all day long, but eventually you're ready to let it go and do other things, you still love the game, but it's just not as exciting as before, it feels like a part of your home library, it's no longer this big experience you had to have that was separate from you as you drooled over the trailers, it's become a part of your world - you know that, it's easily accessible anytime.

Have you had any results after doing your techniques? How has your mindset/ belief/ attitude changed? That can be a big result too. If you're not getting a lot of results, maybe your relying too much on the technique/ feeling instead of the mental change within. So it's like you feel the positive emotions and it feels great, but then when it becomes more normal you beat yourself up for not maintaining the intensity and then you slip - you still haven't taken on the mindset/ attitude/ belief of a person who has what they want, the desired outcome is still mentally separate from you. Basically, you could be in effort mode instead of knowing yourself as the person who has it mode.

This is also an Abe-Hicks idea - if you've released resistance around your desire and have trust in the outcome, you don't have to focus on it all the time, it could be that you're being too hard on yourself by trying to feel good about it. There were so many times when I would visualize and feel good about it and results wouldn't come, it would even get worse, but when I decided to just trust and let it go, move on to other things, then the good stuff happened.

Some links that might help (some of it might seem contradicting, but it's the same ideas at the core):

http://www.applythelawofattraction.com/neville-goddard-letting/

http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php?topic=24543.0

http://www.inwardquest.com/questions/90136/why-are-my-desires-not-manifesting

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Vex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »
Thanks alot!. I do tend to notice a shift in the way I act and the way I think and the way I think is "yeah, I feel like its done. I can easily let it go now :)" but.. I'll add this.. Its not so much that I try to maintain the feeling all day and try to keep the feeling really intense, but when the whole "its done!" state and feeling starts to wear off, I start to go back to feeling dull and feeling like I don't have that desire anymore and then THATS when I go "hmm, alright, the state has worn off.. I feel dull and feel doubts again. I'll just do another visualization session to get back the state again" and thats when overtime I feel it less and less until I can no longer feel it. I can no longer shift my self out of "not having" to "I have it" because what iv visualized feels stale..

But yeah I think I know what u mean with the change and shift in attitude after Iv got the feeling. I may try to change more of the other features like how I react towards the world and my attitude towards things, the way I act, ect, more of the outer features rather than just the feeling I have within.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:35:20 AM by Vex »

Online Psionic

• Thank You
  • -Given: 99
  • -Receive: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:15:04 AM »
Iv been stuck on this part for over a year now. When I use affirmations or try to visualize what I want, I am flooded with positive and joyful emotions. But as I continue visualizing what I want the emotion starts to become more and more stale overtime. Its very similar to if you listen to an awesome song over and over again, eventually you just stop feeling that "awesome" feeling after listening to it for so many times. Iv even cut down my visualization sessions to once a day but still its the same.

Iv mentioned this to a few people and they say "maybe its not what you really want" when it truly is something I really really want. No matter how wonderful the feeling is, it tends to die down after a period of a few days until I feel nothing from that visual scene, or nothing from the vision board / affirmations. I don't know how people can maintain these emotions for such a very long time. Any help please?
Okay cool story bro but what is it that you want.....

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 269
  • -Receive: 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:04:33 PM »
But as I continue visualizing what I want the emotion starts to become more and more stale overtime.

I like the  7 steps by bashar where I have the "Feeling" part only at the beginning:

by Bashar

-1. VISUALIZE
      - Have a vision of what you want
      - Visualize yourself having what it is you want

-2. DESIRE
      - The thing that you say you want must be accompanied by a strong emotion
      - The emotion energizes the desire - giving it energy
      - It must be a strong, intense, all consuming desire
      - Maintain this intense desire/feeling for what youíre trying to manifest for 15 minutes. Less if you feel yourself peak, but no more than 15 minutes.

-3. BELIEF
      - You must know and explore within yourself that you have the belief that itís possible to manifest this thing
      - You must have the belief that you deserve this thing
      - You must believe that you are capable of manifesting this thing
      - If you do not believe itís possible - then you cannot manifest it

-4. ACCEPTANCE
      - You must totally accept yourself and your belief as TRUE, without question, beyond a shadow of a doubt

- 5. INTENTION
      - You must intend to manifest it
      - Intending it is different than wanting it
      - Intention is a conscious choice - not an effort - but a focus
      - You must intend it to be so
      - Intention = Conscious Commandment

-6. ACTION
      - You must act like youíre already in the state of the reality that you want (act like you already have it)
      - You must behave as if it already exists
      - You must do things in the way that you would do them if it already existed
      - Your body language must reflect that it already exists

-7. ALLOWANCE
      - Totally and utterly - LET IT GO
      - You must detach from the outcome
      - You must have an intensity of what you want with no expectation that it HAS to manifest
        - This is the balance state you need to be in for the manifestation to be effortless
      - Know that everything is already perfect just as it is

SIDE NOTES

- Physical reality is a reflection of what your beliefs are
   - What you think is true for yourself
   - What you think is possible for yourself

- Make sure youíre asking for EXACTLY what you want Ė the thing itself   - Donít ask for this in order to get that Ė just ask for that in the first place
   - Know that all the details of HOW itís going to manifest will work themselves out in the best possible way for all concerned

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 03:23:31 PM by yesican »

Tags: