Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP IM BEGGING YOU  (Read 224 times)

Offline MoeenAM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
PLEASE HELP IM BEGGING YOU
« on: July 07, 2017, 06:47:50 AM »
Hey, I want to know a few things on how to fix my life. Before anyone says the "focus on what you want and stop focusing on what you don't want." Please just hear me out.

I'm 22 years old. I have a mom who back in December of 2015 was diagnosed with ALS. Now it's July 2017 and the disease has progressed and she's completely helpless. I have to be with her 24/7 and she's constantly calling me for help and constantly crying and my life just feels hopeless. I can't do anything like go hang out with friends or anything because she panics because I'm the only able bodied person in my house who can pick her up quickly if she needs to move or eat etc. I have a sister who doesn't want to put my mom in a nursing home I know it sounds like I do but I really don't because my sister and I both worked in the nursing homes in the area and there's no way we're putting out mom in a facility like that. Now they have home health aids but they ALWAYS send some small woman who can't pick up my mom or attend to her needs because they aren't fit for the job we've contacted the agency so much times that we've given up so I literally have my life on hold to take care of her. I feel like
I'm going crazy and I want to pull my hair out because I get no help, no time for myself and she doesn't stop asking for things. I know she can't help it but I'm human I need time for myself as well.

My main question is how can I practice the law of attraction if my mind is so negative and it's hard for me to be grateful for my current situation. I have no privacy, no time to myself so I can meditate or visualize because I'm always interrupted. So what can I do? When I mean I take care of her 24/7 I literally do. Wake up at 7AM for breakfast then it takes about an hour to clean her up and then she needs to use the bathroom and that can take another hour or more including clean up time. So we're already at  10AM then after that I have to cook her lunch and it takes time because it needs to be puréed so she can swallow it and by 12 she wants lunch then after that she needs medicine and uses the bathroom again so after all that's done I need to start cooking her dinner and before that she wants a snack like an ensure drink or something. Then when dinner time comes she wants me to type out what she has to say because she can't talk so I literally say ABC all the way to Z to spell out words to truly understand what she's saying, so basically we don't finish with her till 8PM at night then after that she constantly wants us to fix her pillow and other things. So I don't know when I can get any time for myself. PLEASE HELP!

Offline Stone

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 17
  • I have no time to battle egos & small minds 😊
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP IM BEGGING YOU
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:36:30 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your hard situation. I hope it will be fine soon.
Can you have 15 minutes at night when your mom falls asleep. It's not necessary you do hours of visualisation. Just 5-15 min give for visualisation or record affirmations in your own voice & listen them while doing your work. There's always a solution.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:41:27 AM by Stone »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline MoeenAM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »
I will definitely try this, what affirmations should I say?

Offline Agnes1986

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 38
  • Today I am better that yesterday :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 07:05:03 PM »
My advice would be to get a nice nursing home (since you know them, maybe not all of them are bad). Maybe you can take 15 minutes a day to visualize finding a place that you like for your mom.
What you are doing is really nice of you and loving, but it'll wear you out, and you will lose yourself into this. It happened with my grandfather, we wanted to take care of him, but he was really sick. In the end, we did find a nursing home for him, and he really liked it, he lived the last 3 years of his life there.
Best of lucks, and I really hope things work out for you.

Offline -MEDUSA-

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 04:09:45 AM »
When I was a teenager I was the primary care taker for my grandma she had Alzheimer's Disease and I understand what your going through not having time to do anything. My family didn't help because they didn't want anything to deal with it and when they were around they would break down emotionally where I had to take care of them too because they would do stupid things. In my culture nursing home was never a option for us. I eventually grew resentful to everyone and everything the situation broke me down.

I'm a daydream I'd always daydream doing anything else but being stuck in my situation. Even when I was taking care of my grandma I kept daydreaming. I know that you said in your first sentence you don't want to someone telling you to focus on something you want and stop focusing on what you don't want. I didn't know what LOA was when I was a teenager but I kept focusing on doing what I wanted to do the most. I started getting breaks from taking care of my grandma to do what I want. I still was a primary care taker but the breaks I've gotten was what I needed.

LOA or no LOA you need to have breaks away from the whole situation it seriously a MUST! When my grandma got worse and when I stopped daydreaming I lost myself. She passed away when I was 20 it took its toll on me I felt like I wasn't good enough that I should of took care of her better and I hated myself. I lefted my family because I felt I wasn't good enough anymore.

ITS SO IMPORTANT TO HAVE SELF HEALING. PLEASE DON'T NEGLECT THIS.

I was running away from my problems but if you carry it LOA will bring it all back to you no matter where you go. In a new town I met a girl just like me her grandma died of Alzheimer's Disease she witnessed all what I had to go through. She was running away from her problems too. All my fears she through at my face she telling me everything I felt because she was the same. She was on a path of destruction and wanted suicide more than anything. I didn't follow her path I didn't want it but it helped me be at peace with my grandma to see the difference in us coming from the same situation that I'm not like her made me realize this could of been me. There was always hope in me and I wasn't lost anymore.

I did come back to my family and we get along better now than before. I'm 23 now took me awhile to self heal I'll admit but I can't express it enough that its important and self love.

Yeah its a long post but I'm sharing it for everyone to read even for the ones who don't have a account here. Whose going through the same or know someone going through this. Some people don't come back from this like the girl I met.

Love yourself always even if you think you're not good enough Love Unconditionally its the greatest gift you can ever give to yourself and others.