Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Explanation for this?  (Read 506 times)

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1112
  • -Receive: 1144
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
Explanation for this?
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »
I put in an application for a secondment and was 100% convinced I would be shortlisted for an interview. I wasn't selected. I had an email telling me the panel was impressed by the application but had applicants more experienced than me.

How do you explain that? On paper I met all the requirements and believed to the extent I'd begun preparing for the interview before even hearing from them.

Offline TheLittleBat

• The Forum Brat.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 366
  • -Receive: 496
  • I'm only here for the baklava.
    • View Profile
Re: Explanation for this?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:35:49 PM »
Subconscious doubts.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 11:45:54 PM »
Subconscious doubts.

That's a pain in the arsenal isn't it if things are subconscious and you don't know about them in order to change them?

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 782
  • -Receive: 6494
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:48:26 PM »
I put in an application for a secondment and was 100% convinced I would be shortlisted for an interview. I wasn't selected. I had an email telling me the panel was impressed by the application but had applicants more experienced than me.

How do you explain that? On paper I met all the requirements and believed to the extent I'd begun preparing for the interview before even hearing from them.

Maybe that experience was just not compatible with you, your life. Often you may want a job but it will not work because everything that involves it isnt compatible with your energy. Often it can be a blessing because often I was refused some jobs and at the end I found out it was a blessing... but yeah in some cases it can be some other reason. Dont take it personaly and never be fixed on a specific job at a specific place... build your "ideal" within your mind and focus on that and everyhtng it involves.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:55:11 PM »

Maybe that experience was just not compatible with you, your life. Often you may want a job but it will not work because everything that involves it isnt compatible with your energy. Often it can be a blessing because often I was refused some jobs and at the end I found out it was a blessing... but yeah in some cases it can be some other reason. Dont take it personaly and never be fixed on a specific job at a specific place... build your "ideal" within your mind and focus on that and everyhtng it involves.

That's a good answer and I too have been grateful that I've not got some jobs I've been interviewed for because better opportunities came up that I couldn't have taken if I'd got the other ones.

But doesn't this also imply that some unseen force knows better than me what's a good fit? And how do we explain when people get offered, and accept, jobs that sound good on paper but turn into the job from hell once you're in post? If that job was incompatible with the applicant then how did they get the job?

Offline Superman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 782
  • -Receive: 6494
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 12:26:12 AM »
No, there is no some mysterious forces that decide for you. Its all about compatibility of energy. A person who has an amazing image of himself and his life will not be accepted in a job that seems perfect on paper but that is a hell and abuse in reality... The person may feel a failure for that yet its own enegy protected him/her because it "knows" whats behind the scenes. Yet all this is not a "force" separated from you its just compatibility of energy. It "scans" way beyond your normal awareness.
And of course you cannot tell for sure what is compatible with you or not... even less say what is compatible with this or that person. It involves so many thoughts, emotions and beliefs: you cannot know consciously those things... btw: everything said above applies for a desire to get a specific person.
So your job is always to focus on you and "purifying" your own energy and beliefs and to build a desired reality in your mind without focusing on specific things or people but on specific ideal and so you will never be disapointed.

Offline TurkeyOmelette12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 58
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 01:18:16 AM »
One time I was working the most perfect job: the people there were great and it was so fun and my life felt like the best it had ever been.....then I got fired because I wasn't the right "fit" for the job (something that really blindsided me at the time since I had never even been talked to about my performance prior to the firing). I was devastated, broke, had a bruised ego. But I had a bunch of free time on my hands and used it to become a better writer: I discovered so many amazing things about art, the world, my craft, my wants/needs that I NEVER would've discovered had I stayed at that job. All of which is to say: sometimes you think you're meant to go down Path A (you believe it with your heart and soul), but what you really need is to be pushed back down Path B. Sort of like what Superman said: a force behind-the-scenes scans what you're compatible with in ways that are imperceptible from the surface. Just trust this is leading you to even better opportunities in your life. Best of luck!

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 01:27:52 AM »
So, therefore someone who doesn't think much of themselves would be offered a job that would turn out badly, unbeknownst to them, but wouldn't get a good one because they may think they don't deserve it even if that thought is subconscious and they are not necessarily aware of that?

Offline Colonel Roosevelt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2639
  • -Receive: 2349
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 01:38:51 AM »
One time I was working the most perfect job: the people there were great and it was so fun and my life felt like the best it had ever been.....then I got fired because I wasn't the right "fit" for the job (something that really blindsided me at the time since I had never even been talked to about my performance prior to the firing). I was devastated, broke, had a bruised ego. But I had a bunch of free time on my hands and used it to become a better writer: I discovered so many amazing things about art, the world, my craft, my wants/needs that I NEVER would've discovered had I stayed at that job. All of which is to say: sometimes you think you're meant to go down Path A (you believe it with your heart and soul), but what you really need is to be pushed back down Path B. Sort of like what Superman said: a force behind-the-scenes scans what you're compatible with in ways that are imperceptible from the surface. Just trust this is leading you to even better opportunities in your life. Best of luck!

Reminds me of this quote from Neville Goddard: “One day I was fired from J. C. Penney Co. Working for a year and a half, running their elevator and being their errand boy, making $22. a week and paying $5. room rent, I could not understand it when they let me go. But my dreams, my desires, transcended my position there, so they had to do what they did in order for my desires to be realized.”

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 03:48:43 AM »
I guess it makes a change from talking about exes 😅

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline JulieDB

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »

I would say pretty much the same.

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 05:17:23 PM »
I received this as feedback:

In many ways your application was a strong one and you ticked a lot of the boxes. However, there were two essential criteria which the panel thought thought you didn't meet.

The first one was criterion 8, "An understanding of the research environment "

The other one was criterion 16, "Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to produce written correspondence to a high standard". To be honest, at 27 pages, your application was very long and could have been a lot more concise thereby demonstrating the excellent written communication skills we are looking for.

In actual fact, 17 of those 27 pages are standard questions that are generated by the application form itself - previous education and previous employment.

(You do not attach a CV in this sort of application. You fill in an application form that asks very specific questions and then attach a letter of application that in this instance had 27 different criteria to address. I separated each one out with a sub heading which probably added an extra page.

Very difficult to know what to do when in the past I have been criticised for not saying enough!

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 436
  • -Receive: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »
 siames, I cannot explain it but it might help you if you see it as an experience and that experience is a success in itself.
Every step you make is a stepping stone to more success. You can use all of this. Do not use this to doubt or critisize yourself.
Appreciate it instead. This makes you receptive    ;)

Offline ChaliceSnowFlower

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2261
  • -Receive: 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 11:16:48 PM »
I guess it makes a change from talking about exes 😅

Well now that you mention it, I met this old man on Friday who gave me ride home. The cost I had to pay was to sit there for a good half an hour while he went on and on about his ex wife. They have been divorced for 16 long years. I keep praying ot God that he would shut up.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:26:41 PM by ChaliceSnowFlower »

Tags: