Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: How Do I Let Go Of Fear And Doubt?  (Read 370 times)

Offline seaside

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 13
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
How Do I Let Go Of Fear And Doubt?
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:40:37 PM »
So recently I manifested the worst case scenario by using fear, negative thoughts/ self-talk in MY reality...

For the past month or so I was having this feeling that something big and good was going to happen to me. Out of nowhere I would get this huge rush of excitement and joy and I could FEEL that something big is coming to me and I was just overwhelmed with this feeling. When I found out what I manifested and realizing that it definitely wasn't what I was thinking I was completely numb...I wasn't upset or distraught but just like really? It was almost like a cruel joke from the universe...

Anyways after 2 days of feeling this way I have come to the realization that this is what was coming to me! Now that I look back at the past 2 years and see how I felt, how I thought and the way I would talk to myself I am not one bit surprised and actually feel like I am able to get exactly what I want now! It's almost like its the best thing that could've happened to me lol. Now I believe even more that we DO and are capable of creating our reality with LOA and our thoughts and feelings/self-talk!

But..heres the thing...My mind and gut are in 2 different places. My mind is excited about the possibilities but I have this knot in my stomach and it feels like fear, doubt, resistance... I just can't put my finger on it... I almost feel like 2 different people right now.

I want to get rid of this resistance and learn how to harness my ability to manifest/get in alignment, but I'm not sure how to right now...

Any recommendations on what I should read/listen to, to help me get over this hump? 

Offline Colonel Roosevelt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2639
  • -Receive: 2349
    • View Profile
Re: How Do I Let Go Of Fear And Doubt?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:54:58 AM »
Devil's advocate - shouldn't that one month of feeling that something big and good will happen to you be enough to manifest? If it was overwhelming, why didn't it rewrite any negative or subconscious patterns from the previous two years? And why did the undesired outcome happen after two years of negative self-talk, shouldn't it have happened sooner? Isn't it weird that it happened after a month of feeling like something great will happen instead of before?

As for the mind and gut in two different places, lots of people have had an experience where mentally they're expecting a positive outcome and they know there's no reason to be negative but their gut just feels negative. Sometimes it occurs at the time a family member dies, before a breakup, or right before an accident that almost/ could have hurt them, for example. So sometimes I think a negative gut is good - it could be just intuition.

I'm guessing that this is related to manifesting a relationship? Years ago, I wanted a specific person but a feeling deep down would tell me to let go and move on, not to focus on her. That was my intuition and I wish I followed it, but I didn't want to hear that, I thought that if I persisted my intuition would change to reflect the new belief I have. And this is something that fascinates me - if we create our own reality does intuition simply reflect our already ingrained belief system or is it independent of beliefs? I lean more to the latter, I feel like when I try to impress something to my subconscious - it may not necessarily come true but intuition is more clear, sometimes my beliefs make it harder to act or trust on intuition, changing them makes it easier.

When you mention your gut, are you talking about intuition or just old negative patterns? If the latter - a book I really like is The Power of The Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy. Neville Goddard is popular - the idea is that you imagine a scene that implies the outcome desired worked out perfectly, feel it to be real in a relaxed state and keep going so that it feels you're living in that reality, keep going so that it becomes a pattern that takes over, until it feels done. (Personally, I get good results when I don't care about results and just care about the feeling). Think back to times when you had your success stories - what was going on at the time, your vibe, mental/ emotional state, beliefs? Another thing that helps me is to journal about my fear and doubts and let myself feel them, when I try to ignore them they get bigger. Meditation. You'll probably have days when after feeling good for a while, fear and doubts come back to the surface. That's never a failure, it's just feedback. Sometimes, I feel like a lot of fear sticks because we try too hard, so I remember that if I had what I wanted, I'd be happy so why not do what makes me happy now? I remind myself that fear isn't a manifestation killer, lots of people feel fear but they still accomplished their goals. I remind myself of all the reasons I can have what I want, or all the times when things worked out well when it seemed like it wouldn't and feel the optimism from that. Instead of thinking of it as letting go of fear and doubt, maybe it will help to think of it as letting in confidence, joy, relaxed, freedom. I watch/read inspirational movies/ books and see myself through the characters to kind of imprint the feeling/ story of accomplishment - watching Trading Places and seeing myself in Dan Aykroyd's character helped me get better with financial goals. I remind myself of all the good in me and feel the confidence from that. When I do these things, fear no longer seems like something in control, it just passes like any other emotion and what's left is intuition/ optimism/ peace. I'm not a fan of Abe books or videos but if you like the way she explains things, ILoveRainbow's and Call-Me-Ce's posts might help as well as this: http://www.inwardquest.com/questions/5901/manifesting-experiment-2-the-focus-blocks-method-manifest-what-you-want-by-deliberately-feeling-better-about-it

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline WoodersonMan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 07:05:07 AM »
Go through this hypnosis by Paul Mckenna twice a day for about a week.

It'll all go away. Trust me.

youtube. com/watch?v=L-FhiPicP1Q

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 436
  • -Receive: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »
does intuition simply reflect our already ingrained belief system or is it independent of beliefs

independent of beliefs..

Offline seaside

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »
Devil's advocate - shouldn't that one month of feeling that something big and good will happen to you be enough to manifest? If it was overwhelming, why didn't it rewrite any negative or subconscious patterns from the previous two years? And why did the undesired outcome happen after two years of negative self-talk, shouldn't it have happened sooner? Isn't it weird that it happened after a month of feeling like something great will happen instead of before?

As for the mind and gut in two different places, lots of people have had an experience where mentally they're expecting a positive outcome and they know there's no reason to be negative but their gut just feels negative. Sometimes it occurs at the time a family member dies, before a breakup, or right before an accident that almost/ could have hurt them, for example. So sometimes I think a negative gut is good - it could be just intuition.

I'm guessing that this is related to manifesting a relationship? Years ago, I wanted a specific person but a feeling deep down would tell me to let go and move on, not to focus on her. That was my intuition and I wish I followed it, but I didn't want to hear that, I thought that if I persisted my intuition would change to reflect the new belief I have. And this is something that fascinates me - if we create our own reality does intuition simply reflect our already ingrained belief system or is it independent of beliefs? I lean more to the latter, I feel like when I try to impress something to my subconscious - it may not necessarily come true but intuition is more clear, sometimes my beliefs make it harder to act or trust on intuition, changing them makes it easier.

When you mention your gut, are you talking about intuition or just old negative patterns? If the latter - a book I really like is The Power of The Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy. Neville Goddard is popular - the idea is that you imagine a scene that implies the outcome desired worked out perfectly, feel it to be real in a relaxed state and keep going so that it feels you're living in that reality, keep going so that it becomes a pattern that takes over, until it feels done. (Personally, I get good results when I don't care about results and just care about the feeling). Think back to times when you had your success stories - what was going on at the time, your vibe, mental/ emotional state, beliefs? Another thing that helps me is to journal about my fear and doubts and let myself feel them, when I try to ignore them they get bigger. Meditation. You'll probably have days when after feeling good for a while, fear and doubts come back to the surface. That's never a failure, it's just feedback. Sometimes, I feel like a lot of fear sticks because we try too hard, so I remember that if I had what I wanted, I'd be happy so why not do what makes me happy now? I remind myself that fear isn't a manifestation killer, lots of people feel fear but they still accomplished their goals. I remind myself of all the reasons I can have what I want, or all the times when things worked out well when it seemed like it wouldn't and feel the optimism from that. Instead of thinking of it as letting go of fear and doubt, maybe it will help to think of it as letting in confidence, joy, relaxed, freedom. I watch/read inspirational movies/ books and see myself through the characters to kind of imprint the feeling/ story of accomplishment - watching Trading Places and seeing myself in Dan Aykroyd's character helped me get better with financial goals. I remind myself of all the good in me and feel the confidence from that. When I do these things, fear no longer seems like something in control, it just passes like any other emotion and what's left is intuition/ optimism/ peace. I'm not a fan of Abe books or videos but if you like the way she explains things, ILoveRainbow's and Call-Me-Ce's posts might help as well as this: http://www.inwardquest.com/questions/5901/manifesting-experiment-2-the-focus-blocks-method-manifest-what-you-want-by-deliberately-feeling-better-about-it

Yes it was relationship oriented but it was something that in my gut I already knew but didn't have "physical" confirmation of until recently. As for the self talk it stared 2 years ago which lead to the manifestation that was recently confirmed. I was in a bad place mentally about how I saw myself and what I thought about my situation and circumstances at that time. After the break-up I started working on myself but that person was on my mind and I was hopeful for a reconciliation but as time went on I started to realize that it wasn't going to happen. Things turned out just the way they were supposed and now I feel even more confident about my future.

I have actually been in a much better place for the last 3-4 months and the gut feeling now feels more like when you're on a rollercoaster and that drop is coming, and its scary but you know its going to be fun! Even though the manifestation was "negative" in my reality I think its exactly what I needed. It showed me how powerful my thoughts and feelings are. That overwhelming feeling might have been the release of me letting that person go and being happy about how far I've come and where I am going. When I found out the feeling I had was more of wow this really happened just like I knew it would. Then I thought about it and became even happier because I wasn't devastated I know that everything is going to be fine.

It just feels weird because I can only describe it to the rollercoaster feeling or those butterflies that you have when you are falling in love. For the past 3-4 months I have been able to manifest a lot of other positive things in my life and so maybe I'm just excited because I feel like I'm getting to a place that I haven't been in a while. The negative patterns are far and few between these days. I get down for a little bit but I'm able to move past those thoughts and and feelings and focus on what I really want for myself now. I see things more clearly and realize that nothing is impossible and that I can do or be/have anything that I want.

I do have another question though. I have been reading up on energy and it states that energy can not be created or destroyed only transferred or changed. So are we really "creating" our reality or are we just focusing on the reality that we want to see via our thoughts and feelings and the energy we give them? For example if we "ask" for something, shouldn't it already "exist" and its just that we aren't inline with our beliefs of it already existing?

Also thank you for the advice and I will be looking through the members that you mentioned and the website you provided :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:40:55 PM by seaside »

Offline yesican

• Thank You
  • -Given: 436
  • -Receive: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 08:08:44 PM »
the gut feeling now feels more like when you're on a rollercoaster

Seaside, according to my understanding, gut feeling or intuition, if you will, is not a rollercoaster. It is a fast and clear signpost into your individual direction ( what to do, how to evaluate etc) .
I guess the rollercoaster starts when you start thinking, creating fear, doubt and similar feelings. Gut Feeling is not in your head, not an intellectual experience. It is instinct. Try to differentiate this.
Hope that helps

Offline Colonel Roosevelt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2639
  • -Receive: 2349
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 11:03:23 PM »
I do have another question though. I have been reading up on energy and it states that energy can not be created or destroyed only transferred or changed. So are we really "creating" our reality or are we just focusing on the reality that we want to see via our thoughts and feelings and the energy we give them? For example if we "ask" for something, shouldn't it already "exist" and its just that we aren't inline with our beliefs of it already existing?

That's up to you decide. To me, the principle is the same, it's just different storytelling or metaphors to help you practice. ILoveRainbows, Bashar, Abe, and others - they talk about "alignment" and "selecting in" the reality you want, that there are infinite realities (multiple universes) and you just step into the one you want to be in by "aligning with it" - in other words feeling that you are the person you want to be already, feeling that you are in that reality already. Creation is finished, there's nothing to create, you just select the reality you want and step into it. Superman had a game about it - http://www.powerlawofattraction.com/forum/index.php?topic=23292.msg195716#msg195716

And then others say "you create your reality" with your thoughts, feelings, actions, and beliefs. But you could just replace "create" with "select and enter". As a kid, I loved to draw and write and build towers out of my Legos, so the idea that I "create" things is so much more fun than saying "select and enter" as if I'm browsing a movie of my life on Netflix. But then some people get caught up on the word "create"... they get caught up in the method and how it's supposed to happen instead of living in the end, which makes them anxious. The principle and process is the same, we want to be the person we desire to be already, we want to feel that the desired end result is taken care of. Choose the metaphor/ story that feels better.

As for focusing on the reality you want, I see it more like feeling that the reality you want is taken care of and focusing from the position that it's done. Neville Goddard books and articles explain this better than I could. Years ago, I would always focus on what I want because I thought focusing on it was the key, but it's not. So many people get wonderful things they didn't imagine having or spend a lot of time focusing on (not to say that focusing isn't a part of the process). In my assumption that focusing on it is key, I would imagine but feel lack and effort. So I changed my thinking - imagine but feel I am the person I want to be in my imagination and let that state/ feeling of being it/ having it build up in normal life.

Offline seaside

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 05:44:25 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the input I really appreciate it  :)

Reading through a lot of stories lately on this board I've realized that, in my opinion LOA has become very complicated in the sense that there are multiple ways for it to work. I think that it all comes down to whatever one believes. I think belief is the strongest part of everything no matter what route we choose to take to achieving what we want in our lives. I think that we just have to override our negative thoughts and beliefs to the point that even when we have them that the positive ones take over.

Just this past weekend when I was feeling down and didn't want to talk to anyone I told myself that when I decide to start getting back to people that were messaging me that I would tell them that my internet wasn't working. I told myself over and over and over in my mind and out loud that my internet is not working, and visualized myself typing that message to friends and family. Well what do you know...the day that I start getting back to people my internet is down for the day and I had to type out that it was down to everyone that messaged me the day after it came back on lol.

Looking back at the last 2 years of my life I can see that everything I wanted to happen has happened and now I know that I am responsible for everything. I live in the exact country/city that I wanted to move to, I live in the same type of apartment that I saw myself in. I have the exact job that I wanted to have. Everything is making more sense now and I see that I have to just simplify things for myself. This whole experience has been really amazing and I really and truly believe that everything is possible!

I'm not sure if I'm "creating" or getting into "alignment" of what I want but I don't think it really matters in the end. One of my favorite quotes is by Henry Ford- “The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.” It doesn't get more simple than that in the end...In the end everyones beliefs are right.

I'm just going to lurk for a while and I'll come back later on in the year and post my success story of what I have achieved :)

Tags: